Your Kids Are Targeted!

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I think 21 is a ridiculous age. If my kid is in college..and drinks at parties, and is safe and reasonable about it. I don't have a bit of a problem with it. As long as she is over 18 and responsible for herself.

That's cool, hopefully everything works out OK and you never receive any phone calls to help out with legal fees...

I think 21 is a ridiculous age. If my kid is in college..and drinks at parties, and is safe and reasonable about it. I don't have a bit of a problem with it. As long as she is over 18 and responsible for herself.

Mine both know I expect them to wait until they are 21 to get snockered...:smile:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
That's cool, hopefully everything works out OK and you never receive any phone calls to help out with legal fees...

I went to callege at 17. I managed to be just fine. I expect nothing less of my children. To tell a college kid they can't drink cuz it's the law is futile.

And I am pretty sure reaching the magic age of 21 doesn't automatically make one immune from trouble, either.

Beta84

They're out to get us
ugh. Ridiculous crap. This kind of stuff drives me bonkers. No one is targeting your children. Why do people live in a constant state of fear and denial about teens? Teens are monstrous people and they wanna drink cuz it is fun. They will do it if it tastes like chocolate, grape, or pure ####. We used to drink burnetts from right out of the bottle. Ever try burnetts? It tastes like rubbing alcohol and despair. They want the alcohol. Duh. No company entices them to drink, and no parent "banning" flavors are going to stop them. Tell your monster to wait to drink till they are 18 and in control of their own destiny, to never drive, and girls to drink in groups.
Yeah in college, students aren't drinking the expensive frou frou crap...they're drinking Nasty Lite because it's cheap. :barf:

I went to callege at 17. I managed to be just fine. I expect nothing less of my children. To tell a college kid they can't drink cuz it's the law is futile.

And I am pretty sure reaching the magic age of 21 doesn't automatically make one immune from trouble, either.

Good point. College students are going to drink. I always thought it was a bit hypocritical to say that you can die for your country but you damn well better refrain from drinking for another 3 years!

chernmax

That's fine everyone has grey areas, lets HOPE everything works out seeming how states, cities, counties, and college's are all cracking down on underage drinking.... :coffee:

Last edited:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
That's fine everyone has grey areas, lets HOPE everything works out seeming how states, cities, counties, and college's are all cracking down on underage drinking.... :coffee:

damn that burnetts, shouldda switched to something more expensive, would have killed less brain cells.:killingme

They can crack down all they want. It is a stupid law. And lots of people got in trouble at my school for drinking. You got a little pink ticket, a letter sent home, and had to finish an online alcohol education class. No police involved. It's not a big deal, and should be treated as such. The US is one of the few countries in the world with such high alcohol ages. Makes no sense. And if my adult child chooses to drink responsibly, I don't care. I would rather let her know the safe way to do it than deny she will and keep my head in the sand.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
:lol: The drinking age was 18 when I was 16.

TJ Swann, Boones Farm, etc. were all very much the rage back then. (Wild Irish Rose if you really broke! :barf:)
had a couple of bottles of Boones farm around the house for years (gag gift at a christmas party) couldn't even get the kids to steal it, they did walk off with a bottle of gray goose though.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
ugh. Ridiculous crap. This kind of stuff drives me bonkers. No one is targeting your children. Why do people live in a constant state of fear and denial about teens? Teens are monstrous people and they wanna drink cuz it is fun. They will do it if it tastes like chocolate, grape, or pure ####. We used to drink burnetts from right out of the bottle. Ever try burnetts? It tastes like rubbing alcohol and despair. They want the alcohol. Duh. No company entices them to drink, and no parent "banning" flavors are going to stop them. Tell your monster to wait to drink till they are 18 and in control of their own destiny, to never drive, and girls to drink in groups.

:yeahthat:

They will even drink cough syrup to get drunk so the whole flavor theory goes right out the window.

had a couple of bottles of Boones farm around the house for years (gag gift at a christmas party) couldn't even get the kids to steal it, they did walk off with a bottle of gray goose though.

I'm a wine snob... Boones Farm is the only wine I'll drink.

royhobie

hobieflyer

Yeah, what about the poor kids in the military at 18? Can't drink but our government wants them to carry a gun. Here in MOST of the States, you have to be 21 to drink AND CARRY A GUN. But, if the GOVERNMENT tells you to kill, well, it's okay at 18.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're exactly right. Anything to get your dollar. There are no boundaries!!!

I completely agree! What the hell is this world coming to? Why, when I was a teen I had to mix Evercleer with Welch's grape to get my fancy wine. Myself! By hand! By god, no one mixed that up for me, nosiree.

Kids these days. Spoiled brats.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I'm a wine snob... Boones Farm is the only wine I'll drink.

:yay: :killingme

My dad used to call it "soda pop" wine. :lol: Ah, those were the days...

chernmax

damn that burnetts, shouldda switched to something more expensive, would have killed less brain cells.:killingme

They can crack down all they want. It is a stupid law. And lots of people got in trouble at my school for drinking. You got a little pink ticket, a letter sent home, and had to finish an online alcohol education class. No police involved. It's not a big deal, and should be treated as such. The US is one of the few countries in the world with such high alcohol ages. Makes no sense. And if my adult child chooses to drink responsibly, I don't care. I would rather let her know the safe way to do it than deny she will and keep my head in the sand.

Seeming how most parents pamper verse parent and take little personal responsibility on teaching kids right from wrong it's no wonder the Guberment stepped in and did it for many parents! I don't like it but it's the law, you and I may think it's stupid but I'll continue to teach my kids it's not OK and I don't support underage drinking. My problem is some people also may think driving with a 1.5 alcohol content is OK because .08 is stupid. Until it's your kid they kill!

I've also done a lot of foreign travel and many countries that allow younger drinking ages tend to be 3rd world sh!tholes, have rampant corruption, tourist areas, or have a higher percentage of death at younger ages...

Beta84

They're out to get us
Yeah, what about the poor kids in the military at 18? Can't drink but our government wants them to carry a gun. Here in MOST of the States, you have to be 21 to drink AND CARRY A GUN. But, if the GOVERNMENT tells you to kill, well, it's okay at 18.
What exactly are you trying to argue here? That it's only ok in some circumstances if the government tells you to? What qualifies one 18 yr old to carry a gun, but another one can't for 3 years? Why not stop being hypocrites and make it either 18 or 21, universally.

At first I thought you were trying to argue that it's stupid for the law to be 21 when some 18 year olds are allowed to do this and that, but after realizing you're the special person that started the thread, I'm realizing you are inadvertently making it more obvious why the laws in place are ridiculous.

I completely agree! What the hell is this world coming to? Why, when I was a teen I had to mix Evercleer with Welch's grape to get my fancy wine. Myself! By hand! By god, no one mixed that up for me, nosiree.

The nerve of some people! That's simply unamerican. I'm glad they have fixed that problem.