You're supposed to be outraged by this

Pegster710

The Pegster
What about the "sperm doner"... He might be living a "Christian" lifestyle... Then she wouldn't be breaking the rules... :shrug:

Doesn't it say - somewhere - let he who is without sin cast the first stone? You'd think the Christian school would want to hang on to this girl citing that she needs the Christian environment; so, just maybe, she won't grow up like her mother...

I, personally, don't believe in the "gay" lifestyle. But to punish a child for the sins of the parents is just wrong, IMO...

Thank you. That is all.

jaie

So happy!
Pegster710 said:
What about the "sperm doner"... He might be living a "Christian" lifestyle... Then she wouldn't be breaking the rules... :shrug:

Doesn't it say - somewhere - let he who is without sin cast the first stone? You'd think the Christian school would want to hang on to this girl citing that she needs the Christian environment; so, just maybe, she won't grow up like her mother...

I, personally, don't believe in the "gay" lifestyle. But to punish a child for the sins of the parents is just wrong, IMO...

Thank you. That is all.
:yeahthat:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pegster710 said:
I couldn't care less about the "gay" lifestyle, but this is a private school and they have a right to set rules regarding their students.

It's not unusual for religious entities to frown on homosexuality. So you have to wonder why the parents sent the girl there in the first place.

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
I couldn't care less about the "gay" lifestyle, but this is a private school and they have a right to set rules regarding their students.

It's not unusual for religious entities to frown on homosexuality. So you have to wonder why the parents sent the girl there in the first place.

That depends, a lot of so called private schools accept some government funding. The private Baptist school I went to could not put up religious Christmas decorations since they received some govt funding. All we had was Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa, no Nativity scene.

Triggerfish

Maybe they sent her to that school because the school is associated with the church that they belong to. In that case they probably would not want to sue them either.

Last edited:

Hessian

"I, personally, don't believe in the "gay" lifestyle. But to punish a child for the sins of the parents is just wrong, IMO..."

I don't mean to be disagreeable....but the OT says just that. The sins of the fathers will be visited upon the next generation (paraphrase.)

However...since we are dealing with Lesbians...um does this still apply?? :lol:

B

Bruzilla

vraiblonde said:
Good for them! Typically people want to break the rules, then sue for millions of dollars. :cheers: to Shay's parents.

Whoa!!!! Let's slow down that cheers truck a bit Vrai... I'm smelling a rat!

This is September, which means this kid just started at this school. She's 14, which means she's probably just started at this particular school. The school finds out about her parents after "Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game." What the heck is that suppossed to mean? Talking about what? Would you care to take odds the subject was the virtues of the Gay lifestyle?

There seems to be a lot of selective reporting going on here, and I think that this whole deal is just another means of getting the "victimization" of Gays into the news. Gay parents sending their kid to a Christian school??? I mean c'mon. This girl obviously had not been in the Christian school system before as they are pretty tight with parents, and having two Lesbian parents wouldn't be a secret for long.

So, you've got this 14-year old girl getting placed into a new Christian high school, and before the first month of school is up she's kicked out after making some kind of speech at a football game? This whole deal has setup written all over it. The only question is exactly what the end game of it is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bruzilla said:
The school finds out about her parents after "Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game." What the heck is that suppossed to mean? Talking about what? Would you care to take odds the subject was the virtues of the Gay lifestyle?
My scenario went that the kid was disruptive during the football game, parents were called in for a conference, school found out that Shay has two Mommies.

My daughter got reprimanded when she cheered because she was talking to a couple of her friends in the front row bleachers during a game. So I fugred that's what "talking to the crowd" meant.

:shrug:

Steve

Enjoying life!
vraiblonde said:
you have to wonder why the parents sent the girl there in the first place.
Probably because the public school system in their area sucks as bad as it does everywhere, so they decided to use the Christian school to give Shay a better shot in life. Now they'll just move her to a different private school. Supports why they aren't fighting the decision, also.

Last edited:

jaie

So happy!
Guess you haven't read the Bible either to believe this inaccurate and out-of-context paraphrasing.

For whoever that was I was agreeing with the part about the child being punished for what their parents decisons.

And by the way i have read the Bible I grew up in Lexington Park Christan School.

Next time grow some balls and leave a name.

B

Bruzilla

Steve said:
Probably because the public school system in their area sucks as bad as it does everywhere, so they decided to use the Christian school to give Shay a better shot in life. Now they'll just move her to a different private school. Supports why they aren't fighting the decision, also.

Ontario is in San Bernadino County, and a check of their statistics doesn't show high schools that suck too bad. Dropout rates, the best indicator of school and community quality in my opinion, is very low for most all of the high schools.

I think it's very safe to say that we're just seeing the opening act of a show here. They aren't fighting the decision because they know they'll lose if they do. Private schools can admit, or not admit, anyone they want and there's nothing any judge can do about it. Also, after the last election, it's become real obvious that Gay activism isn't working out very well in swaying public opinion.

The smart move for the Gays is to cry victim and go for the sympathy vote. Don't demand Gay marriages, instead emphasize the plight of these poor people who are denied the rights and benefits that "everyone" else has, or who can't visit sicks ones on hospitals (yeah right!) If I were advising the Gays this is exactly the kind of thing I would advise them to do. Create a situation, get it into the press, then play the victim while a national debate develops.

It should be real interesting to see how this gets reported in the news tonight. I mean, who do you think notified the press of this in the first place? It damn sure wasn't the school. :elaine:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
Good point. I would have a problem if, say, the school kept her as a student but declared that they were going to give her poor marks because of her parents, or if the school singled her out at an assembly for humiliation.

vraiblonde said:
Yes, that was strange choice on the part of her parents.

I'm not sure why religions do that--I think it's because homosexuality might be seen as interfering with propagation of the species.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
I'm not sure why religions do that--I think it's because homosexuality might be seen as interfering with propagation of the species.
Because the Bible says homosexuality is a sin and they believe the Bible.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
Because the Bible says homosexuality is a sin and they believe the Bible.
True, but I wasn't talking specifically about Christianity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
True, but I wasn't talking specifically about Christianity.
What were you talking about, then? As far as I'm aware, most major religions frown on homosexuality, and it's because their Bible tells them so.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
What were you talking about, then? As far as I'm aware, most major religions frown on homosexuality, and it's because their Bible tells them so.
I understand that Islam also considers it taboo. The OT language on it also applies to Judaism. I think some of the pagan religions consider it taboo, but I don't know for sure.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, think about it. The biological purpose of sex is to reproduce, right? So the act of sex that is not for reproduction could be considered unnatural. And anything unnatural is against God. Therefore sex for pleasure is against God.

:shrug:

Pegster710

The Pegster
jaie said:
Guess you haven't read the Bible either to believe this inaccurate and out-of-context paraphrasing.

For whoever that was I was agreeing with the part about the child being punished for what their parents decisons.

And by the way i have read the Bible I grew up in Lexington Park Christan School.

Next time grow some balls and leave a name.

You're supposed to be o... 09-23-2005 10:09 AM Read the Bible before you begin paraphrasing it out of context, OK?

I guess we both got red for my statement. To the gutless wonder who sent this, bite me.

Christians are SUPPOSED to be forgiving and are SUPPOSED to lead others to the Lord - teach what is right. How does shunning someone accomplish this?? Again, this is my opinion, not necessarily the opinion of the masses.

Vrai, I understand that private schools have a right to set their own rules - I just don't always agree with them...

But then I guess we don't live in a perfect world... :ohwell: