You're supposed to be outraged by this

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
Therefore sex for pleasure is against God.
Someone should inform the dolphins, who also have sex for pleasure. Biologists say there's evidence that dolphins are sentient. Years ago I took a boat trip, and over the side a few of us were watching the dolphins act like horndogs.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Bruzilla said:
Ontario is in San Bernadino County, and a check of their statistics doesn't show high schools that suck too bad. Dropout rates, the best indicator of school and community quality in my opinion, is very low for most all of the high schools.

I think it's very safe to say that we're just seeing the opening act of a show here. They aren't fighting the decision because they know they'll lose if they do. Private schools can admit, or not admit, anyone they want and there's nothing any judge can do about it. Also, after the last election, it's become real obvious that Gay activism isn't working out very well in swaying public opinion.
Interesting theory, but do you really think this was all a bait on the part of the parents to start some sort of debate over homosexual rights? Or do you expect that as the ultimate outcome? These women have been a couple for about 20 years, and have two other children, one 19 and an adult herself. Maybe this could be their time for activism but who needs the hassle? I guess we'll see.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Years ago I took a boat trip, and over the side a few of us were watching the dolphins act like horndogs.
Okay, but how do you know they weren't engaging in their perfectly natural mating ritual for the purpose of procreation? As far as I'm aware, man is the only animal that has invented birth control so it can have sex without reproducing.

B

Bruzilla

Steve said:
Interesting theory, but do you really think this was all a bait on the part of the parents to start some sort of debate over homosexual rights? Or do you expect that as the ultimate outcome? These women have been a couple for about 20 years, and have two other children, one 19 and an adult herself. Maybe this could be their time for activism but who needs the hassle? I guess we'll see.

Good points, but here are some others:

Why do you put your kid into a school that you know will throw her out the minute they discover you're a Lesbian couple? There are plenty of private schools in most areas that aren't directed by religion, so why send her to the worst place possible?

For that matter, why take your kid out of whatever school she had been in, where she knew people and had a routine, and place her into a high school environment that would be guaranteed to be difficult for her?

Why lie to the school about the girl's parents? They must have lied because there's no way they would have gotten her in there had they been honest about themselves to the school. Most private schools that I know of usually insist on meeting with both parents prior to admission so that they know they understand the unique funding and academic support requirements that they're signing up for. And why would they lie about their situation unless they knew it would be grounds for expulsion before hand?

Why after going to all the trouble to fabricate a non-existent parental situation do you turn around and blow the whole deal over some little disciplinary issue at school? If they went to the trouble to fake a Dad for admissions, why not fake one for the discipline speech (if there was any)?

And lastly, and this is a big one, how did the media find out about it? Kids get tossed out of schools everyday for a wide-range of reasons, and most parents of expelled kids that I know of don't go calling the local press corps to get the ball rolling on a story, especially when they're making like they aren't going to fight the issue. You know the school didn't call the press, so word had to have come from the parents.

So, you've got a kid moved into an extremely unlikely new school at a highly unusual age, under purposely false pretenses, and the child is there less than a month before the elaborate web of lies is discovered by an apparently easy to overcome situation, and the media gets involved despite the claims that the parents have no issue with the situation. And all of this happens after Cindy Sheehan, a mother in her 40s, becomes the poster child for the Democrats and gains all kinds of national support by playing the victim card.

I keep adding up two and two and getting about 467, so I'm thinking there's a lot more to this story.

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
Okay, but how do you know they weren't engaging in their perfectly natural mating ritual for the purpose of procreation? As far as I'm aware, man is the only animal that has invented birth control so it can have sex without reproducing.

Dolphins masturbate by rubbing their penis on whatever is vailable.