YouTube Videos

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Going nutz here. Lost the ability to play YouTube Videos since last night. When I try to play one, I get the black frame like usual, then it disappears and no video comes up, the rest of the screen outside the vid playing area is fine. If I hover over the video I want to play, I get the couple of second preview, like normal. If I embed a video in SoMD Forums, I can see it and play it normally. If I click on 'play in youtube', it won't start playing.

Went thru all the suggestions:
Video driver at latest release, hasn't changed for weeks.
FireFox at latest release, hasn't changed since last week.
Enabled/disabled hardware acceleration
Reloaded video driver
Add-ins at latest release, hasn't changed since the beginning of the month.

Found another suggestion, to run YouTube in Private Mode, and it works. The suggestion also says if this works, there is a conflict with an extension/addon or something not right with my Google account. Disabled all extensions, not a problem. In normal Firefox, doesn't matter if I'm signed in or not, still won't play. In Private mode, doesn't matter if I'm signed in or not, it plays fine.

At a loss here....

Grumpy

Had that problem previously and never did figure it out, just scanned youtube in another browser. Eventually, it started working again in FF.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Had that problem previously and never did figure it out, just scanned youtube in another browser. Eventually, it started working again in FF.
Thanx. I can use the private window workaround, but don't prefer to. At worst case, I'll wait until the Win 11 update.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
You know.... I saw that as a possible fix, and forgot to do that. It worked. All better now.

Thanx!
No problem. My rule of thumb is, if something stops working under normal circumstances and work in privacy mode, the cookies are jacked up. Clearing them is usually all that is needed.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
No problem. My rule of thumb is, if something stops working under normal circumstances and work in privacy mode, the cookies are jacked up. Clearing them is usually all that is needed.
Stupid thing is... I knew that. I was a Computer systems Analyst and Desktop support for over 30 years. Once you retire, your brain gets soft.... :ohwell: