Z104 has gone the way of 99.1

Pete

Repete
bresamil said:
That's when I'll be funded well enough to not do a car loan.
cool :yay:

Come to think of it, since I have been 16 years old I have never gone a single month without a car payment.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I remember when 104 really sucked with the R&B and the like. At least they were getting a lot better.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
LucySnow said:
Switched to classical at noon.
From http://dcrtv.org:

Bonneville Kills Z104, Moves GMS To 104.1 & 103.9, TOP To 103.5, DC Post Radio & Nats Coming To 107.7 & 1500 - 1/4 - At noon today, Bonneville killed off "modern music" Z104. It moved classical WGMS from its longtime dial spot of 103.5 to Z104's 104.1 and 103.9 frequencies. And it put all-news WTOP on 103.5. So, what's going to happen to 107.7, which is still relaying WTOP? Bonneville's DC radio honcho Joel Oxley announced on WTOP's airwaves at 12:23 PM that, come March, WTOP's Warrenton FM relay and Wheaton AMer on 1500 will become WTOP-produced Washington Post Radio, with "long-form" news, a la a commercial version of NPR. There are also reports that the baseball Nationals will land on 1500 AM and 107.7 FM, via the Post's radio service. Looking for jobs: Z104 Program Director Sammy Simpson, Z104 personalities Mathew Blades, Jenny Chase, Sean Sellers, and JV, and Nationals radio man Dave Shea. On its airwaves, WTOP called the changes "a seismic shift in Washington radio." Also, we hear that WGMS will get a new antenna this weekend which will "significantly boost the signal from where it is now." The Bonneville press release is at DCRTV's PR Page. More from the DC Post, Radio And Records, and at wtopnews.com. Says DC Post columnist Marc Fisher in his Raw Fisher blog about WGMS leaving 103.5: "That's an unfortunate move for the highly successful WGMS, which will now have trouble reaching big chunks of its affluent, educated audience in upper northwest (DC) and lower Montgomery County, where the Z104 signal is very weak".....