Zyrtec Withdrawals - Don't Take Zyrtec

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
Zyrtec Withdrawals - Do Your Homework

For my friends who are allergy sufferers, I hope that you are NOT taking Zyrtec. I have taken Zyrtec for years because it was the only pill that helped with ALL of my allergy symptoms. With the upcoming fall/winter, I decided to give myself a break from the medicine. Well, within 48 hours after stopping the medicine, I've started to experience withdrawal. Uncontrollable itching on my scalp, hands, ears, feet, arms, back & face. Welts and bumps all over. It's impossible to NOT itch. I've itched my scalp raw and bloody.

There are absolutely NO warnings about this on the Zyrtec website or bottle .... Do yourself a favor and DO NOT take Zyrtec. Don't do it ... just don't. The withdrawal symptoms I'm experiencing are 100000000 times worse than the withdrawal of quitting smoking. I have learned the hard way - do your homework and research medicines before you start taking them.

I've written a pretty stern email to Zyrtec and don't expect a response back. I just want to share my experience with others so you know what you're up against if you take Zyrtec.

Last edited:

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I know that not everyone will have the same issues that I've had - I guess I just wish that I would have done my homework with this. I've taken this medicine every day for four years.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If immediate withdrawal is causing problems, why wouldn't you resume the drug and then taper off on the dose?

.... or is hysterics one of the withdrawal symptoms?