Zyrtec

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wow!

Not only has the pollen been bothering me, but I'm allergic to my beloved baby girlkin kitty. :frown:

I took a Zyrtec this morning when I got up, and my head is so clear - I can breathe! Kiki cuddled with me for an hour while I was reading and having coffee, and I didn't get that closed throat scratchy feeling I normally do when I so much as pet her. My eyes don't itch, either.

It's a miracle, I tell ya!

PS, I got the stuff that's behind the counter - the stuff with pseudoephedrine in it that they won't let kids have because they make crystal meth out of it.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
You might want to check with your doctor or read the Zyrtec box, but typically, you take that at night, I thought, because it tends to make people drowsy after a bit.

I have an RX for it as well and love it. But I only take it at nighttime.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Wow!

Not only has the pollen been bothering me, but I'm allergic to my beloved baby girlkin kitty. :frown:

I took a Zyrtec this morning when I got up, and my head is so clear - I can breathe! Kiki cuddled with me for an hour while I was reading and having coffee, and I didn't get that closed throat scratchy feeling I normally do when I so much as pet her. My eyes don't itch, either.

PS, I got the stuff that's behind the counter - the stuff with pseudoephedrine in it that they won't let kids have because they make crystal meth out of it.

Which one is that? They have additional products than the standard Zytec?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You might want to check with your doctor or read the Zyrtec box, but typically, you take that at night, I thought, because it tends to make people drowsy after a bit.

I have an RX for it as well and love it. But I only take it at nighttime.
:yeahthat: I had my prescription changed BC I couldn't keep my eyelids open at work. Allegra is good for daytime allergies.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Alavert..OTC...plain old Alavert, doesn't make me drowsy and doesn't wire me. One in the morning and I'm good to go. :yay:

Wow!

Just watch out for a rise in blood pressure if you're prone....

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Alavert..OTC...plain old Alavert, doesn't make me drowsy and doesn't wire me. One in the morning and I'm good to go. :yay:

That's good stuff, too. I kept a pack of the dissolving tablets in my car in case I was out and about and symptoms would rear their head. :yay:

For everyday relief during the allergy season, I picked up a generic for Claritin from Costco (Loratadine 10 mg pills). It was $10 for 300, and I take one a day at the onset of symptoms, but usually only need to do so for about 6-8 weeks, then I'm good. Works great for me, and wayyyyyy cheaper than the prescriptions and name brands. :yay: Hell, I don't use the 300 in a year, but it's so cheap, and it works, I don't mind flushing the rest of them when I'm through. :shrug:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
:yeahthat: I had my prescription changed BC I couldn't keep my eyelids open at work. Allegra is good for daytime allergies.

Allegra-D is just not doing it for me anymore. :bawl: My doc gave me a script for Zyrtec - in case my insurance would accept it (they wouldn't), so we bought some yesterday.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Allegra-D is just not doing it for me anymore. :bawl: My doc gave me a script for Zyrtec - in case my insurance would accept it (they wouldn't), so we bought some yesterday.

This is Zyrtec-D. Got it at CVS OTC, but again you can't just pick it up off the shelf - you have to get the cashier to give it to you and show a driver's license. :lol:

I thought that was hysterical that I got carded for allergy medication.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
This is Zyrtec-D. Got it at CVS OTC, but again you can't just pick it up off the shelf - you have to get the cashier to give it to you and show a driver's license. :lol:

We know you are cookin' up the meth.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member

Gotcha :yay: Well, now CVS can sleep better at night knowing at least one person out there isn't a meth-head. :lol:

I just have the original, and that's all I need, I think. I'll submit the verdit as it becomes apparent.

Vince

Pills never helped me. Ever since I started the allergy shots....:yahoo: The three nose surgeries didn't hurt either. Of course the surgery didn't make my old nose look any better, but they dayum sure helped me breathe.

Last edited:
T

toppick08

Pills never helped me. Ever since I started the allergy shots....:yahoo: The three nose surgeries didn't hurt either. Of course the surgery didn't make my old nose look any better, but they dayum sure helped me breathe.

Deviated Septum ??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I've never been allergic to anything in my whole life. A mild sniffliness during pollen season, but no food or animal allergies ever. I think I lost my immunities when I lived in Frederick, because we didn't have the trees that I have in my yard here - leaking tree debris all over the place and making my car yellow minutes after I wash it.

Vince

I've never been allergic to anything in my whole life. A mild sniffliness during pollen season, but no food or animal allergies ever. I think I lost my immunities when I lived in Frederick, because we didn't have the trees that I have in my yard here - leaking tree debris all over the place and making my car yellow minutes after I wash it.
When they did the original allergy tests, they told me I was allergic to a tree I didn't even know we had in Maryland. :lol: Can't remember the name of it now and I know most trees in Maryland by the bark and leaves on them.

T

toppick08

You went from Zone 6 to Zone 7.........:yay: