15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

MMDad

Lem Putt
...IF the article is accurate, the man should not have fired a warning shot in the direction of the kids, and IMO should not have fired a warning shot at all. Should not have used pepper spray either.

1st rule of gun safety: always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction

Now... if the article is inaccurate, and the man feared for his life or the life of another, then the escalation of force applied (pepper spray first, then shotgun) becomes more debatable...

I don't put a lot of faith in accurate reporting when it comes to possible self defense situations

:yay: There is no such thing as a warning shot. If you don't intend to kill, don't shoot.

Taeobi

There was a time in this county, not so very long ago that kids would not think of doing these kinds of things for fear of getting shot at. Learn some respect or I'll teach it to you and if buckshot is the only thing you can understand then that's how you'll learn it. I am sick to death of the poor little punk victims.

:buddies: I'm all about protecting my children, but I teach, if you do something wrong... you need to be held accountable; plain and simple. Those kids were the ones that decided to continuously taunt an elderly man and menace a neighborhood. No one else. I think they need to make the game "Consequences" mandatory in school. Because, half of these parents don't do enough. That man should not have shot that kid under any other circumstance then his life being threatened. But what do you expect of an older man?? More than likely, he is old school, and that's how they roll. I'm praying for the kid and his leg. It's really sad all the way around.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Have to agree with you there. Call the police. Sooner or later the punks will get the message.
I don't know if you've noticed this, but you have kind of an ironic signature line for this thread.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
May not be the best way to handle the situation, but sometimes you get frustrated with a rude and disrespectful teenagers. First they have no business being in that neighborhood if they lived there. Why bang on people's doors? Why be disrespectful to someboby pointing out the wrongs you're doing?

BTW, is this the same PHS student who got shot?

In my view, at some point constant harrassment becomes terrorism and based on the information currently being released my sympathy lies with the people who live there. I feel very sorry that the homeowner was pushed to this brink. I hope that what comes out of all of this is better law enforcement up front. If those kids are repeat offenders they should have been in juvie already and this fiasco could have been avoided.

I hope this is a lesson for all the kids around here... stay the HELL OFF of people's property!! :whistle:

:yeahthat: The guy just reached the point where he couldn't take the little chitz anymore. Although I wouldn't have shot anyone, I can't say as I blame him a bit.

:clap:

Yes, this should be a lesson to all the precious little angels out there who are used to be spoiled, mollycoddled & raised to believe the entire universe revolves around them.

Well, it doesn't. Grow up!

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
What was the crime the teens committed? Trespassing? Being mouthy? Skateboarding and biking?
Parents might think they know their little angels, but think back to things you did when out of the parental view.
I do not see any crime that warranted a gun being pulled. Disrespectful isn't a crime.

Pete

Repete
Gunplay is a condo complex is retarded. Dude should sit in the pokey until he gets the idea.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Eat lead, punks. Maybe you'll think about it next time you want to menace old people.

Ideally this will be a lesson, but I won't hold my breath. Dumbchits like this don't ever learn, especially when their victim is the one who goes to jail.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There was a time in this county, not so very long ago that kids would not think of doing these kinds of things for fear of getting shot at. Learn some respect or I'll teach it to you and if buckshot is the only thing you can understand then that's how you'll learn it. I am sick to death of the poor little punk victims.

:yay:

Eat lead, punks. Maybe you'll think about it next time you want to menace old people.

Ideally this will be a lesson, but I won't hold my breath. Dumbchits like this don't ever learn, especially when their victim is the one who goes to jail.

:yeahthat: I remember way back when when a couple of menacing young punks who terrorized Chaptico ended up found in a turtle swamp. Amazingly the vandalism and theft crime rate dropped considerable when those two took a nose dive into the mud....:coffee:

:yeahthat: I remember way back when when a couple of menacing young punks who terrorized Chaptico ended up found in a turtle swamp. Amazingly the vandalism and theft crime rate dropped considerable when those two took a nose dive into the mud....:coffee:

Maybe that's what these kids need... a bit of old fashioned vigilante. Get a large group together, surround them, make their life very uncomfortable (but don't leave any marks). Make the message clear. If the kids complain, well, nobody saw nuttin'.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I am going to guess that the shooter aimed for the kid's leg, because his intent was to halt the harassment, not kill. If the shooter had wanted to do worse, he could have.

Not familiar with the area, so I don't know the distance, but from what was stated it sounds like he didn't aim at anything, most likely didn't account for the spread. According to the story, the kid had "non life threatening" injuries. Which to me implies he had to get shot picked out of his ass but he was in no danger of bleeding out or losing the leg.

Based on what I heard on the radio and tv, it sounds like the residents have been harassed, intimidated by these kids for a while. That they have even approached the parents of the teens. But to the kids it's been nothing but a game,, a game of let's go torment the geezers.

The man clearly is legally in the wrong. But I hope the SA show's some discretion, reduces the charges and pleads the guy out with no jail time. Then turns to the parents and let's it be known, that any civil action on their part will have him file criminal assault charges against their afterbirth. I'll bet he could get a lot of condo residents to say they felt threatened, that they have some fear for their safety.

So now all go home and take this as a lesson. Kick a sleeping dog long enough and he'll bite.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not familiar with the area, so I don't know the distance, but from what was stated it sounds like he didn't aim at anything, most likely didn't account for the spread. According to the story, the kid had "non life threatening" injuries. Which to me implies he had to get shot picked out of his ass but he was in no danger of bleeding out or losing the leg.

Based on what I heard on the radio and tv, it sounds like the residents have been harassed, intimidated by these kids for a while. That they have even approached the parents of the teens. But to the kids it's been nothing but a game,, a game of let's go torment the geezers.

The man clearly is legally in the wrong. But I hope the SA show's some discretion, reduces the charges and pleads the guy out with no jail time. Then turns to the parents and let's it be known, that any civil action on their part will have him file criminal assault charges against their afterbirth. I'll bet he could get a lot of condo residents to say they felt threatened, that they have some fear for their safety.

So now all go home and take this as a lesson. Kick a sleeping dog long enough and he'll bite.

What channels?

DEEKAYPEE8569

Call the police. Sooner or later the punks will get the message.

IF the police show up.
A shotgun might be a little extreme. Try a Daisy air rifle and some pellets.

Kid: "Hey! That guy shot me with a pellet gun because I was tapping on his window at 1 in the morning."

Old Man: "You're lucky it wasn't a BIGGER gun."

A simple sign SAYING "Trespassers will be shot" does NOTHING unless it is practiced as well as preached.