2nd amendment? You don't need no stinking 2nd amendment!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oregon has a population of a little over 4 million.

Looks like medical marijuana patients are about 1.5% of the population. It's those recreational folks you need to watch out for!

Too many side effects for me. :razz:

marijuana now Im gay.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Is medical marijuana really medical? If so it seems like HIPPA laws would prevent dessimination.

black dog

Free America
Is medical marijuana really medical? If so it seems like HIPPA laws would prevent dessimination.

My understanding from talking to my doctor just about using weed oil is, the Feds just allowed research for the last two years, and not alot has been done in that time.
Everything I read about with using weed oil is personal testimony and nothing more when reading about using it to help with Parkinson's and Diabetes..
It's not regulated, so you really don't know what's in that 100 dollar bottle you buy.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Alcohol is Federally Legal.. Weed is not.

Question 11e has been on the 4473 for quite a while now.

So the 9th Circuit is picking and choosing which federal statutes it will deem enforceable.
Are you an illegal immigrant, that has been convicted of a crime? Sorry, can't enforce federal immigration law because we recognize sanctuary in the 9th circuit.
But hey, if you want to own a firearm,

BOP

So the 9th Circuit is picking and choosing which federal statutes it will deem enforceable.
Are you an illegal immigrant, that has been convicted of a crime? Sorry, can't enforce federal immigration law because we recognize sanctuary in the 9th circuit.

Now, now, don't blame the poor 9th Circuit...they're only doing what their lord and master, the Won, has tasked them with doing. Just because their dark lord (snicker) is no longer in the White House, that doesn't mean he doesn't still control them.

"9th Circuit Court, I am your father!"

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Alcohol is Federally Legal.. Weed is not.

3.) Question 11e asks: Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Define "unlawful". Reason being, in "law" words have different meanings. There is the standard Webster's dictionary for the plebs of society, then there is Black's Law dictionary. Also, in legislative law, certain key words are specifically defined within the text of the document. So unless one really knows "law" and the meaning and textual content of the legislative law in question, one really can't know if one is truthfully answering the question honestly.

If one is going to an authorized, (by law), medical marijuana dispensary having properly signed up for and registered, (by law), is that person an "unlawful user"?
By whose definition would someone be determined to be an "unlawful user" anyway?

Take the word "addicted". Is a person addicted as determined by a qualified medical doctor, a mental health professional, or as adjudicated by a court of competent justification? Or, is the person trying to figure out if they are addicted to something using their own definition and perception?

How about "any other controlled substance"? Is there a list at any firearms dealer that is a full and complete list of controlled substances for one to look over prior to answering that question? If not, then a person can't really answer the question honestly.

Words mean things, especially in this context. Knowing can make a world of difference. Without knowing the definition of all words used, in context, one can't make a fully informed decision or provide a truthful and honest answer.
And this is how government uses words to control people and why many convict themselves without even knowing the how or why of it.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Define "unlawful". Reason being, in "law" words have different meanings. There is the standard Webster's dictionary for the plebs of society, then there is Black's Law dictionary. Also, in legislative law, certain key words are specifically defined within the text of the document. So unless one really knows "law" and the meaning and textual content of the legislative law in question, one really can't know if one is truthfully answering the question honestly.

If one is going to an authorized, (by law), medical marijuana dispensary having properly signed up for and registered, (by law), is that person an "unlawful user"?
By whose definition would someone be determined to be an "unlawful user" anyway?

Take the word "addicted". Is a person addicted as determined by a qualified medical doctor, a mental health professional, or as adjudicated by a court of competent justification? Or, is the person trying to figure out if they are addicted to something using their own definition and perception?

How about "any other controlled substance"? Is there a list at any firearms dealer that is a full and complete list of controlled substances for one to look over prior to answering that question? If not, then a person can't really answer the question honestly.

Words mean things, especially in this context. Knowing can make a world of difference. Without knowing the definition of all words used, in context, one can't make a fully informed decision or provide a truthful and honest answer.
And this is how government uses words to control people and why many convict themselves without even knowing the how or why of it.

I can't answer most of your questions, I'm not a barred attorney, nor am I one of the vast Federal Attorneys that make the decision on how questions are written on the 4473 form..
But I'll go with, You are filling out a Federal Form so the use of Drugs that are illegal Federally will be unlawful. ( I'd ask the roomie, but I'm not interested in hearing a dissertation on this topic from her. )
The FFL dealer makes a yes / no decision on moving forward if a NICS check gets done on your answers that you fill out on the 4473... If you check a yes when it should be a no.... No gun for you.... It's really pretty simple..
Personally I don't see it any different than any other question on the 4473..

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

This is the conundrum. Under Federal regulation (not law), marijuana is classified as a controlled substance and state laws allowing medicinal use are not recognized.
Hence if a federal employee were to smoke some medical weed and then get pulled for a random drug test, they would be subject to discipline under the federal regulations barring the use of CDS.

So if you are citing federal law, and the case is tried in federal court, weed is illegal.

black dog

Free America

Obviously you never or haven't filled out a 4473 for quite a few years.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This is the conundrum. Under Federal regulation (not law), marijuana is classified as a controlled substance and state laws allowing medicinal use are not recognized.
Hence if a federal employee were to smoke some medical weed and then get pulled for a random drug test, they would be subject to discipline under the federal regulations barring the use of CDS.

So if you are citing federal law, and the case is tried in federal court, weed is illegal.

Actually CDS schedules are defined under Federal law, specifically 21USC812, marihuana is a Schedule I substance.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I can't answer most of your questions, I'm not a barred attorney, nor am I one of the vast Federal Attorneys that make the decision on how questions are written on the 4473 form..
But I'll go with, You are filling out a Federal Form so the use of Drugs that are illegal Federally will be unlawful. ( I'd ask the roomie, but I'm not interested in hearing a dissertation on this topic from her. )
The FFL dealer makes a yes / no decision on moving forward if a NICS check gets done on your answers that you fill out on the 4473... If you check a yes when it should be a no.... No gun for you.... It's really pretty simple..
Personally I don't see it any different than any other question on the 4473..

My reply wasn't meant to pin you down on your comments. It was meant just as an esoteric thought exercise on word usage and meanings. It does seem though that one really needs to be a lawyer nowadays to fully understand some of these questions on order to answer as truthfully as possible.

Did anyone know that the 'coca leaf' is on the "Controlled Substance List"? Which happens to be 16 pages long. And that's just for drugs. For chemicals there is a whole other list. To add even more confusion for a person answering that question, on the DEA's website it states. "These are not comprehensive lists so please note that a substance need not be listed as a controlled substance to be treated as a scheduled substance for criminal prosecution."

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

My reply wasn't meant to pin you down on your comments. It was meant just as an esoteric thought exercise on word usage and meanings. It does seem though that one really needs to be a lawyer nowadays to fully understand some of these questions on order to answer as truthfully as possible.

Did anyone know that the 'coca leaf' is on the "Controlled Substance List"? Which happens to be 16 pages long. And that's just for drugs. For chemicals there is a whole other list. To add even more confusion for a person answering that question, on the DEA's website it states. "These are not comprehensive lists so please note that a substance need not be listed as a controlled substance to be treated as a scheduled substance for criminal prosecution."

I understand what you are saying, but I still believe in my HS educated mind those questions on the 4473 are very easy to answer.. it's either yes, no or na.....
If I was a unlawful user I wouldn't purchase a firearm through a dealer, Club Fed's not for me. :nono: