Trump’s lies ( 124 so far) vs Obama’s lies. (18)

Sapidus

Sad

“After we published a list of President Trump’s lies this summer, we heard a common response from his supporters. They said, in effect: Yes, but if you made a similar list for previous presidents, it would be just as bad.

We’ve set out to make that list. Here, you will find our attempt at a comprehensive catalog of the falsehoods that Barack Obama told while he was president. (We also discuss George W. Bush below, although the lack of real-time fact-checking during his presidency made a comprehensive list impossible.)

We applied the same conservative standard to Obama and Trump, counting only demonstrably and substantially false statements. The result: Trump is unlike any other modern president. He seems virtually indifferent to reality, often saying whatever helps him make the case he’s trying to make.

In his first 10 months in office, he has told 103 separate untruths, many of them repeatedly. Obama told 18 over his entire eight-year tenure. That’s an average of about two a year for Obama and about 124 a year for Trump”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/14/opinion/sunday/trump-lies-obama-who-is-worse.html

SamSpade

Only 18, in eight years? Call the Pope. He needs to be canonized!

I lie that many times in a morning. But hey - New York Times.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have Sap on ignore, but this thread title...:lmao: I'm guessing it's from some leftwing indoctrination source.

limblips

PREMO Member
Try reading the article and seeing what criteria they used for false statements for both men.

Your link never mentions the article so I don’t think you understand what debunk means.

Is your Googler broken? It must be if all you can find is anti Trump and pro obama propaganda.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is your Googler broken? It must be if all you can find is anti Trump and pro obama propaganda.

When I use Google all I ever find is anti Trump and pro Obama propaganda. No matter what search terms I enter. That's why I stopped using Google as my default search engine.

Sapidus

When I use Google all I ever find is anti Trump and pro Obama propaganda. No matter what search terms I enter. That's why I stopped using Google as my default search engine.

Still waiting for your list of reputable and approved sources.

A fact is a fact no matter who reports it

GregV814

well, I took the tissue test that I've seen on a television commercial with two average women and come to the conclusion that I need a yellow legal pad to compare my choppers with. With blue lines...

Naturally, its Trumps fault.

glhs837

Power with Control
So you are good at posting Republcan propaganda articles but you don't read the articles other people post obviously,

Ah, yes, here it is from the shining beacon of Republican Propoganda, the CNN..... Note the use of the term "staple talking point", which generally is assinged to thing repeated over and over, agreed?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/26/fact-check-you-can-keep-your-own-doctor/

ASSERTION: You can keep your own doctor.

"First of all, if you've got health insurance, you like your doctor, you like your plan - you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you."
President Barack Obama
7/16/2009 REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT
AT NEW JERSEY RALLY FOR GOVERNOR JON CORZINE
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-rally-governor-jon-corzine

FACTS:
This has been a staple talking point as the president has traveled the country selling his health care plan. What is the truth?

and the verdict?

The Verdict: False, only because the president has been so definitive. It is probably true that the majority of people who have insurance will not be affected by the new law. But, clearly some will. Obama may realize he has been overstating the case since he did not make that assertion during recent events promoting the law

Now, they di spin it, but the fact is that CNN said it was a staple talking point and that it was false.

Hijinx

Obama lied from the first. He is no more a United States Natural born citizen than Vladimar Putin is.

Sapidus

Ah, yes, here it is from the shining beacon of Republican Propoganda, the CNN..... Note the use of the term "staple talking point", which generally is assinged to thing repeated over and over, agreed?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/26/fact-check-you-can-keep-your-own-doctor/
and the verdict?

Now, they di spin it, but the fact is that CNN said it was a staple talking point and that it was false.

Well done. You successfully identified one of the 18 lies they claim Obama said. You aren’t breaking any news here. You gonna go through and tell us about each of Trumps now?