mitzi

I take back what I said. Already hearing the same songs over and over. It won't take long to get tired of this too.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

All of Robertson's SOMAR Communications stations suck, all five of them. Think about this, all those stations are operated out of a small office in Mechanicsville. Many of the so called "DJ's" are not real local people, but a subscription service that Robertson pays for then are added to the digital time slots along with whatever station identifiers, local recorded news, etc. It is all pre-programed. Listen to some of these DJ's and you will never hear them say the station call letters, any local news, or mention anything local to the area -- everything they say is generic and has been pre-recorded. Even with T-Bone and Heather, they talk a little bit then push a button when they stop and the program takes over, when it's time for them to come back on, they push a button again. That morning traffic guy you hear, he's not local, he records the traffic for not just Robertson's local stations, but on the Eastern Shore as well. Basically, the weather is contracted out. Even the music play lists are a subscription service. Everything you hear is a hodgepodge of inserted digital bites from many different sources. That's why a local station doesn't really sound all that local. There really is no true DJ anymore, at least not down here in Southern Maryland, or anywhere else for that matter really. Back to 97.7, the new music format sucks. I bet that there was an increase in that era's, (true rock music with real musicians playing real instruments .ie guitar, drums etc.) subscription service. Returning to 100.3.

mitzi

If I may ...

All of Robertson's SOMAR Communications stations suck, all five of them. Think about this, all those stations are operated out of a small office in Mechanicsville. Many of the so called "DJ's" are not real local people, but a subscription service that Robertson pays for then are added to the digital time slots along with whatever station identifiers, local recorded news, etc. It is all pre-programed. Listen to some of these DJ's and you will never hear them say the station call letters, any local news, or mention anything local to the area -- everything they say is generic and has been pre-recorded. Even with T-Bone and Heather, they talk a little bit then push a button when they stop and the program takes over, when it's time for them to come back on, they push a button again. That morning traffic guy you hear, he's not local, he records the traffic for not just Robertson's local stations, but on the Eastern Shore as well. Basically, the weather is contracted out. Even the music play lists are a subscription service. Everything you hear is a hodgepodge of inserted digital bites from many different sources. That's why a local station doesn't really sound all that local. There really is no true DJ anymore, at least not down here in Southern Maryland, or anywhere else for that matter really. Back to 97.7, the new music format sucks. I bet that there was an increase in that era's, (true rock music with real musicians playing real instruments .ie guitar, drums etc.) subscription service. Returning to 100.3.

The guy in the late afternoon is real. He talks about a lot of local stuff and is at events. Maybe him and TBone and Heather are the only real ones. I looked at their website last night and wondered why some were only on for a an hour. Also, I've heard weather reports that are days old lol.

Restitution

Better music bigger BOZO in the afternoon.

If you are talking about Blakjak then I have to disagree. He is 1000 times better than that d-bag Ripley that he replaced. I could not wait until Ripley was gone. He was a pretentious a-hole.

I take back what I said. Already hearing the same songs over and over. It won't take long to get tired of this too.

Its a radio station... eventually you will hear the same song if you listen long enough. They are going to play "popular" songs. If you want B-tracks and the flip side stuff then you need to go to satellite radio.

DEEKAYPEE8569

If you are talking about Blakjak then I have to disagree. He is 1000 times better than that d-bag Ripley that he replaced. I could not wait until Ripley was gone. He was a pretentious a-hole.

Its a radio station... eventually you will hear the same song if you listen long enough. They are going to play "popular" songs. If you want B-tracks and the flip side stuff then you need to go to satellite radio.
I kinda miss satellite radio.

Bonehead

Blakjak is the BOZO I was referring to. Ripley was not anywhere near as irritating as Blakjak IMO.

I don't understand why they can't just play music why is so necessary to be a "personality" ?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I like Jack FM for the mere fact that they have no DJs. I also listen to Wash FM. I like songs from the 80's and 90's when I listened to the radio non-stop. Teen/Young adult years.

Restitution

Blakjak is the BOZO I was referring to. Ripley was not anywhere near as irritating as Blakjak IMO.

Really?? Ripley with his weekly "I'm kissing my wife's azz" spot. His pretentious attitude when he talked to callers. His demand that you don't make song "requests." His absolute need to NOT play anything recorded after 1975!

Sooooo glad he is gone. I'll deal with Blakjak's antics. He is still many times better than Rip-hole! :lmao:

Clem72

I don't understand why they can't just play music why is so necessary to be a "personality" ?

If I hear BlakJak say "Thursday is the new Friday!" one more time I will pop a gasket.

Bonehead

Yeah the waugh waugh waugh sound bite and whatevah ! Drives me to switch channels every time. I do like his music picks but cannot stand his "personality" if that's what you call it.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Yeah the waugh waugh waugh sound bite and whatevah ! Drives me to switch channels every time. I do like his music picks but cannot stand his "personality" if that's what you call it.
He tries to be a "Punny Guy." :lol: but sometimes winds up being a :eyebrow: guy. I still just listen to his show for the music. :larry:

mitzi

He tries to be a "Punny Guy." :lol: but sometimes winds up being a :eyebrow: guy. I still just listen to his show for the music. :larry:

He's not a funny guy IMO. I got into a FB war of words with him, he's really not a nice guy either. Immediately, went on the defensive and it wasn't pretty.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Bring back the Greaseman! Or the Smash, "Well everyday at the studio the Man arrived standing 6 foot one weighting 245, cranking out the jams and running his route ..."