mitzi

It's back to the Classic Rock format. Changed either yesterday or today. I thought the change would be good but after a week or so of it, no. The newer stuff I keep waiting for a great solo to get me going and it just never comes. They could mix a little more 90s and early 2000s in the playlist though. How many times can they have played that song about a finger in the air (no clue who does it but I think it's horrible). Every time I was in the car they played it. I don't drive far enough to invest in Sirius.

Kinnakeet

I never heard much Beatles on there. I love my classic rock but honestly I'm so sick of Fleetwood Mac, Steve Miller, etc. There was a lot more music in that era that is never played. They needed to change the playlist. I noticed the change of songs the past few days. I like it.[/QU

The thing is they keep playing the same songs over and over just like most stations..I mean come on how many times a week do you need to hear stairway to heaven Zepplin made many albums and they are all good play them all not just the same few again and again,there were other bands from the 70's-80's that are worth listening to..Pat Travers,Montrose,Humble Pie,Moxy and the list goes on and on.:larry:

called yesterday and Bitc*** they SUCK again was diggin the new stuff Avenged Sevenfold , pretty reckless etc....never again back to 93.5 the beach comes in GREAT down here!!

Restitution

YEP! Back to the old format........ emphasis on OLD!!!

Here I thought we would FINALLY get a decent ROCK station...... but, it's back to golden oldies!

stgislander

PREMO Member
YEP! Back to the old format........ emphasis on OLD!!!

Here I thought we would FINALLY get a decent ROCK station...... but, it's back to golden oldies!

I agree. I was really enjoying hearing bands that I never heard before. Now it's back to... meh. (Although I did enjoy hearing Cheap Trick Surrender yesterday.)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

YEP! Back to the old format........ emphasis on OLD!!! Here I thought we would FINALLY get a decent ROCK station...... but, it's back to golden oldies!

Well, it is because the station owners do not allow, "the on air personality", if there is one, to pick an choose what to play like in days past. Instead, if we're told what song is going to play next, and maybe the status of the band, or some other tidbit of information, it's because the information is being read off a computer screen displaying the content of the system programming. Radio has become so homogenized for maximum profit that it has killed radio as we knew it. Look what is happening to iHeart radio, formerly Clear Channel. Many stations, including ours, have gotten away from the "local" in local radio. It's just not interesting like it used to be. Was a time local radio was similar to reading a true small hometown newspaper. Really part of the community with all matter of local information and familiarity. Somewhat like, if anyone remembers, "WKRP in Cincinnati" TV show.

[video=youtube;2drv0joKUcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drv0joKUcA[/video]

Toxick

Splat
Found a post on Facebook that says they are playing music such as Tool, Korn, Godsmack, etc.

This won't last long. A few years back they hired a bigtime radio guy to come reformat everything (I forgot his name, but I liked him a lot). And they started playing music like that and they started calling themselves "The Rocket".

Then they got rid of that guy and switched to a little more mainstream rock.

Then they switched to more classic rock stuff.

Lather, rinse and repeat, apparently.

Restitution

What was up with T-bone and Heather hosting the morning show today? Did the normal Rocket morning guy/gal quit? Sick?

I heard BlakJak talking last week about the people complaining to him about the "new format" when he hosted a live event.

mitzi

This won't last long. A few years back they hired a bigtime radio guy to come reformat everything (I forgot his name, but I liked him a lot). And they started playing music like that and they started calling themselves "The Rocket".

Then they got rid of that guy and switched to a little more mainstream rock.

Then they switched to more classic rock stuff.

Lather, rinse and repeat, apparently.

I remember him. They also went to an easy listening format for awhile after they fired him in between the classic rock formats.

mitzi

Was his name Ripley? I liked him. Hear he's in Florida now.

No, the guy I'm thinking of wasn't Ripley. He was a morning guy and revamped it all and they fired him. This was maybe 8 years ago or maybe more.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Whatever happened to that guy Montana?

He was there a few months and then POOF!

I listen to Big 100.3 now. :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
No, the guy I'm thinking of wasn't Ripley. He was a morning guy and revamped it all and they fired him. This was maybe 8 years ago or maybe more.

Moondog? At least I think that was his name. Called one of our forums member a bitch on air. :lmao: