A question for all the guys?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ken,

I'm with you and nobody is listening! That's why our tree is in the same room as the fireplace, just doing my part!

Ladies, Playboy showed you the way for years, every Christmas Issue with their Christmas cartoons, some sweet thing waiting by the tree for Santa as he pops the bubbly.

Yeah, maybe we are starting to look like Santa, grayer and a bit less nimble but, to us, even though you may have a few more miles on you as well, in our eyes you are still that sweet young thing!

Fa la la la la, la la la, la!!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Larry,

Atta boy, I couldn't agree more as I am well beyond the toy years (at least the ones she can afford).  Though since I got rid of the beard maybe she will appreciate the "New Santa" with the clean chin.

Guesswho3256

Why didn't anyone suggest tickets to a sporting event or a concert?  Hockey tickets are still available and if you've got the dough you can still get football tix.  And theres always a great concert happening!!!

Justfine

It may be a little late but for me, my wife and I go to a
store (Sears) and I just show her a few items I would like.
This has worked for years and most likely you will get
something you wanted or needed.

Good Luck

(Edited by Justfine at 6:51 am on Dec. 23, 2001)

Brandon

That always works. Last year we just went shopping together and bought what we wanted. This was in early November, so we put the gifts away then wrapped them in time for Christmas. Aside from one or two things that each of us remembered, we had forgotten specifically what was purchased. So Christmas was a delight as we received gifts that we liked/wanted in the first place.

We weren't that far ahead this year, but it was a fun way to do it, and still enough of a surprise to be really cool!

Q

queen flirter

Well I ordered him an under body car light kit for his car. He loved it. And then I got him a nice set of power tools for a round the house. he was thrilled about those too. Ond of course I did the traditional nothing-but-a-bow waiting under the tree for him. I thing that was his fav! Thanks to every one!!!

chance

I had to say something to the girl who wanted you to buy a star named after your man.......

How lame is that.... I mean all the ones you can see are already named....
so essentially your spending money on the idea alone....  Hell if you send me your $100 I'll send you a paper re-naming Jupiter after him.

besides. what guy wants a romantic present....... give him power tools, electronics, or something that he won't be embarassed to tell his guy friends about.

SxyPrincess

Chance,

You have your opinions and that's all fine and dandy!  So you'd rather get the more "masculine" presents, which would probably explain why your ideal g/f would be "Sue" from Survivor.  :lol:  :moon:

consaka

Brandon said:
For some reason, no guy has said this, so I will!

(Even VB said her best gift was something for her Jeep!)

Guys like gadgets. Palm Pilots are cheaper this year. We like anything with buttons, lights, and especially a remote control. If he loves his car, get him one of those remote control car starters so he hits a button and the car starts for him. Look for tools that do more than one thing (like the ones you see on TV.) Unique tools are cool even if you don't use them daily. (One of the neatest things I saw this year was a Tape Measure with a digital readout. I am not a carpenter, and I don't build stuff, but that would be a cool gift for me because its different!) The Xbox was a good idea, but since you probably won't be able to find that before Christmas, go with the Playstation 2 with a game called Grand Theft Auto. If you're an adult, that's the best game going. (Keep it away from the children though!)

Happy Holidays!

Its all good of course but not all adults appreciate the theme and violence of Grand Theft Auto. Rather sad to say some of us prefer relieveing stress with "City of heroes". I only bother to mention this because for an online game it sure has a high average for age. I have tested games since I was a kid(now 36) The oldest I have played with online was a "lady" 54 years old. Theres a few teens running around but I think the average age must be close to 25.
Speaking of car toys try http://www.black-ridge.com/car-alarms.htm. They carry all the serious hardware upgrades like keyless entry and remote car starters. Ever see a car with no door handles? Not sure I trust that one but they are called shaved door handles. Pretty soon you should be able to tell your car to take you to work and then tell it to go back home without you. What will they think of next?

nomoney

SxyPrincess said:
Queen,

I have a really great idea...you could give him a star. Yes, a real star. There are a few places that you can buy a star and name it. I can't remember the store at either Tysons Corner, or Fair Oaks. Try a search on the internet.

They also have a book out...everyone who has "purchased" a star. It's really neat and very romantic.

Anyhow...just a thought!!!!
I wonder if sxyprincess has gotten her man one of these

slotted

consaka said:
Its all good of course but not all adults appreciate the theme and violence of Grand Theft Auto. Rather sad to say some of us prefer relieveing stress with "City of heroes". I only bother to mention this because for an online game it sure has a high average for age. I have tested games since I was a kid(now 36) The oldest I have played with online was a "lady" 54 years old. Theres a few teens running around but I think the average age must be close to 25.
Speaking of car toys try http://www.black-ridge.com/car-alarms.htm. They carry all the serious hardware upgrades like keyless entry and remote car starters. Ever see a car with no door handles? Not sure I trust that one but they are called shaved door handles. Pretty soon you should be able to tell your car to take you to work and then tell it to go back home without you. What will they think of next?

Wow, your first post and this was the most recent thread that you could find?
:eyebrow: