About Those Pesky FOP Endorsements

I'm aware you'll need someone to read it to you, so I understand that you may not be back the rest of the day.

FOP.2007.510177869_200712_990

:popcorn:

According to this, they're a 501(c)(8) organization.

FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE
7 ST MARYS CO LODGE
Address PO BOX 176
GREAT MILLS, MD 20634-0176
MapG MapY MapV
IRS Subsection 501(c)(8) - A fraternal beneficiary society or association, with lodges providing for payment of life.
Type of Organization Association
Deductibility Contributions are deductible
Tax I.D. Number 510177869
Exempt Since 10-1952
Form 990 Requirement 990 or 990EZ return
Last 990 Form Filed 12-2009
Form 990 Amount $102,651
Activity #1 Association of employees
Activity #2 Other school related activities
Activity #3 Gifts, grants, or loans to other organizations
Share with others information about this Nonprofit - like the web site, e-mail address, how to donate or any corrections to the data shown.

Annoying_Boy

7 ST MARYS CO LODGE
Address PO BOX 176
MapG MapY MapV
IRS Subsection 501(c)(8) - A fraternal beneficiary society or association, with lodges providing for payment of life.
Exempt Since 10-1952
Form 990 Amount $102,651
Share with others information about this Nonprofit - like the web site, e-mail address, how to donate or any corrections to the data shown.

And according to their main return, they're a 501 C 3

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
*snicker* what did I post earlier about the pitfalls inherent in using garabge sources for information? :killingme

Therefore, a fraternal beneficiary society, so long as it is primarily engaged in fraternal activities and the provision of benefits to its members and their dependents within the meaning of IRC 501(c)(8), may engage in some political activities, including intervention in political campaigns on behalf of, or in opposition to, candidates for public office, without jeopardizing its exempt status

Huh..imagine that. So those thousands of FOP endorsements of candidates all across this great country?..all nice and legal after all.:bigwhoop:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
"The Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 7 which has endorsed Richard Fritz for St. Mary's States Attorney may be violating the rules of the IRS which governs charities. Filing of the FOP Lodge 7 shows that it spent over $64,000 on a "boiler room" type of professional fund-raising operation to solict donations from the community and then uses these "charitable" donations to pressure politicians to allow them to obtain collective bargaining and demand raises at the same time that taxpayers are impoverished by dropping real estate prices and higher assessments."

"Nonprofits cannot make express endorsements or give candidates preferential access to resources."

FOP endorsements of political candidates illegal under IRS rules | Town Hall Alliance

:whistle:

*snicker* what did I post earlier about the pitfalls inherent in using garabge sources for information? :killingme

Therefore, a fraternal beneficiary society, so long as it is primarily engaged in fraternal activities and the provision of benefits to its members and their dependents within the meaning of IRC 501(c)(8), may engage in some political activities, including intervention in political campaigns on behalf of, or in opposition to, candidates for public office, without jeopardizing its exempt status

Huh..imagine that. So those thousands of FOP endorsements of candidates all across this great country?..all nice and legal after all.:bigwhoop:
That's known as getting spanked

Annoying_Boy

7 ST MARYS CO LODGE
Address PO BOX 176
MapG MapY MapV
Exempt Since 10-1952
Form 990 Amount $102,651

Seems according to the "Tax I.D. Number 510177869" on the comment that you posted, it still says they are 501 C3 on line J

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2007/510/177/2007-510177869-0450b01b-9O.pdf

7 ST MARYS CO LODGE
Address PO BOX 176
MapG MapY MapV
Exempt Since 10-1952
Form 990 Amount $102,651

Here's the link I found...

Nonprofit Organization Lookup

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nice link, but it doesn't have the tax returns they filed as a C3, does it?

:killingme

Yr a riot ('riot' sounds better than 'brain dead', don't you agree?). So there is this vast conspiracy that you have just uncovered; thousands of FOPs across the country openly endorsing candidates while chartered as 530 c 8s yet secretly violating the law and filing their tax returns under the wrong section as 503 c 3s. Thousands..year after year after year.

Mind boggling. You might even get your own interview on 60 Minutes for uncovering this.

Annoying_Boy

Yr a riot ('riot' sounds better than 'brain dead', don't you agree?). So there is this vast conspiracy that you have just uncovered; thousands of FOPs across the country openly endorsing candidates while chartered as 530 c 8s yet secretly violating the law and filing their tax returns under the wrong section as 503 c 3s. Thousands..year after year after year.

Mind boggling. You might even get your own interview on 60 Minutes for uncovering this.

Or I might get a charter revoked.

L

letmetellyou

I'm back. Unlike you I have a job, and can't talk here every five minutes. I see someone proved you wrong as usual. Just a few more days and we won't have to hear from you anymore. Fritz will be in office, nobody's taking your calls, and i'll keep sending my check to the FOP every year. So long loser! lol. :killingme :yahoo:

BernieP

Resident PIA

So what you are saying is that of the thousands of FOP lodges in this country, of the thousands of teachers unions etc, this is the ONLY one that is in violation of the tax code? And the you, the former printer of a paper even my bird refused to #### on, are the only party to have taken notice of this? Not the State of Maryland nor the IRS, but only lonely little old you?

:killingme

Annoying_Boy

I'm back. Unlike you I have a job, and can't talk here every five minutes. I see someone proved you wrong as usual. Just a few more days and we won't have to hear from you anymore. Fritz will be in office, nobody's taking your calls, and i'll keep sending my check to the FOP every year. So long loser! lol. :killingme :yahoo:

I must have missed that post.

:coffee:

L

letmetellyou

I must have missed that post.

:coffee:

Oh, here you go then...

7 ST MARYS CO LODGE
Address PO BOX 176
MapG MapY MapV
Exempt Since 10-1952
Form 990 Amount $102,651

Dumbazz. :killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think all of the endorsed candidates should be charged as accessories in your criminal caper....:killingme

This diversion is at least keeping him amused (easily done ..but still..) and off the streets.

Now if we could just find a diversion that would keep Idiot_Boy out of here too..:whistle: