Above gound & in-ground pools

mAlice

professional daydreamer
itsbob said:
I don't know what is considered a safe depth to dive or jump into.. but I know for sure 4 feet ain't it... You cannonball into a four foot deep pool you're likely to do some damage to your back when your butt strikes the bottom of the pool..

and I would NEVER dive head first into a pool less then 8 feet..

I do hope you enjoy your pool.. nothing nicer then basking in a pool under the stars after a 100 degree day..

But what I was trying to tell you, Kayak started at 23K, and if you agreed they would have GLADLY built you a pool for 23K.. where you can get an inground with an 8 - 10 foot deep end, 16 X 32 for 14K...

Everyone has their preferences, and buy things for different reasons, I was just trying to point out that I've been there done that, and if I did it again, I'd do it differently.

Not everyone needs to cannon ball into their pool.

Personally, I'd prefer a shallow pool that encourages tranguility.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
itsbob said:
can get an inground with an 8 - 10 foot deep end, 16 X 32 for 14K...
And in our case, we don't want a permanent fixture. If we decide to move, we want the option of taking it with us or leaving it to the buyers. And you're right - what works for us won't necessarily work for Joe Schmoe, but it is an option.

You should still come to our pool party, even if you don't like the pool. :flowers:

camily

Peace
elaine said:
Not everyone needs to cannon ball into their pool.

Personally, I'd prefer a shallow pool that encourages tranguility.
Tranguility? Is that when you feel bad for wanting peace and quiet alone in the pool?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chasey_Lane said:
And in our case, we don't want a permanent fixture. If we decide to move, we want the option of taking it with us or leaving it to the buyers. And you're right - what works for us won't necessarily work for Joe Schmoe, but it is an option.

You should still come to our pool party, even if you don't like the pool. :flowers:
Hope to get an invite..

I hope the salesman didn't promise you "one free move" with your pool..

camily

Peace
elaine said:
with our without the kids ripping around and cannon balling the pool?
I hate that shiat. We have one of those big blow up the ring and fill with water vinyl pools and they drive me nuts with the splashing. Then I sound like a big :dork: yelling "stop splashing me". :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
camily said:
I hate that shiat. We have one of those big blow up the ring and fill with water vinyl pools and they drive me nuts with the splashing. Then I sound like a big :dork: yelling "stop splashing me". :lol:
And that, my dear, is why I have a one-person pool and won't let anybody else in. Why they call it the Family Fun Center, I have no idea. Ain't nobody getting their skin in my pool.

ACESRT04

THE OTHER
Chasey_Lane said:
I don't believe you. He cut the grass yesterday and I guess he was hot afterwards because I saw him running through the sprinkler with his Speedo on. I didn't see any wooly hair; not even on his legs. :rolleyes:

Nair is my friend.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
What happened to the HOT weather? It is perfect outside with temps in the 70's and low humidity... Perfect Vette day and I'm working... :ohwell:

Does Kayak offer and/or recommend heaters to extend the pool season? Seems to me that an above ground pool would be more susceptible to temperature changes?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Oz said:
Does Kayak offer and/or recommend heaters to extend the pool season? Seems to me that an above ground pool would be more susceptible to temperature changes?
I'm sure they do, but we didn't ask. :lol: