ACCIDENTS KEEP PILING UP

glhs837

Power with Control
Me thinks you would get, at least, a 50% reduction in one car accidents by having a cell disabler in the car. Also, maybe it's just me, but I think cell usage is way ahead of drunk driving as a cause of most accidents. The funny thing is most people that I know agree that texting is a probable cause of a lot of accidents yet if I go anyway with them driving, they all text and drive..classic it won't happen to me-ism.

Right, because lets punish responsible people instead of the idiots. This is akin to putting breathalyzers in all cars to stop DUIs. What we did was make it socially unacceptable to drive drunk and punish the crap out of people who did it anyway.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Right, because lets punish responsible people instead of the idiots. This is akin to putting breathalyzers in all cars to stop DUIs. What we did was make it socially unacceptable to drive drunk and punish the crap out of people who did it anyway.

You do know that's on the way in a couple years. The rule making process to require it has already been started.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
You do know that's on the way in a couple years. The rule making process to require it has already been started.

I'll need all of y'all phone #s, because as a nondrinker, I'll be not driving any more if I have to blow in a breathalyzer to start a car.

Y'all are taking turns driving me everywhere I've gotta go.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Another at 235 and Tom Hodges. Happening now. Possibly fatal.
Husband and I were leaving HT going north on St Andrews and heading to BJ's when we passed two flatbed tow trucks and a Police cruiser behind them going straight. One had the bike and the other the car. That bike was completely disintegrated into a ball of melted metal. I hadn't heard about the accident but Husband said, "that must be from the accident earlier".

OccamsRazor

The only things that will stop accidents like these is proper enforcement AND penalties that will make people think before acting like this. Nothing else is going to work.

glhs837

Power with Control
The only things that will stop accidents like these is proper enforcement AND penalties that will make people think before acting like this. Nothing else is going to work.
exactly GIF

Pete

Repete
They got me yesterday and smashed my Jeep near Firehouse Subs. 82 year old speeding hit me from behind and spun me up onto the sidewalk into a hydrant. I was in the slow lane in a line and the left 2 lanes were clear. Looked in the drivers side mirror and was just looking to move left when I saw him coming behind me and he started left slightly so I stayed. He was coming fast and I realized he wasn't moving left fast enough. I started to move right into the turn lane to avoid it but he hit me anyway. He ended up over the bank into a parking lot facing south in the bushes.

ginwoman

They got me yesterday and smashed my Jeep near Firehouse Subs. 82 year old speeding hit me from behind and spun me up onto the sidewalk into a hydrant. I was in the slow lane in a line and the left 2 lanes were clear. Looked in the drivers side mirror and was just looking to move left when I saw him coming behind me and he started left slightly so I stayed. He was coming fast and I realized he wasn't moving left fast enough. I started to move right into the turn lane to avoid it but he hit me anyway. He ended up over the bank into a parking lot facing south in the bushes.
oh for heaven's sake. That stinks but could have been a lot worse. Glad you weren't hurt. Was the old dude ok?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No idea, I was knocked loopy whacking my head on the roll bar so I stayed in the Jeep until I left in the ambulance. Big thumbs up to the LPVRS and the VFD and EMT's. They were there in minutes and I was whisked away.
Glad you are ok! :huggy:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
No idea, I was knocked loopy whacking my head on the roll bar so I stayed in the Jeep until I left in the ambulance. Big thumbs up to the LPVRS and the VFD and EMT's. They were there in minutes and I was whisked away.
This happened to me a couple of years ago. I caved in the seatbelt adjuster with the side of my head and got a severe concussion. The following day I figured out my rotator cuff was also torn. It's been a real experience navigating all of this since. The guy who hit me had the minimum personal injury insurance allowed by Maryland, which doesn't cover all of my medical expenses. Anyone on the roads had better be sure they have good uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, as it appears mine is going to kick in and cover this. My vision is still nothing like it was prior to the concussion.

Glad to hear you're ok, Pete.

rio

Hope you're not too sore today! Sorry this happened.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Pete,
Glad to hear you are OK.
Take care.

3CATSAILOR

p
Pete, Glad to hear you are okay. Yeah, you'r probably going to have some sore muscles. Typically it is the shoulders and neck when hit from behind. Some folks have also had a lasting lower back injury.

As the accidents continue unabated in Southern Maryland, in particular, St. Mary's I fear it will get worse. More and more accidents. Usually we only hear of the accidents with injuries or those that died. I bet there is a ton of other accidents where people just had fender benders or mild injuries. Unforunately, I fear it will continue to get far worse until the State and County decides they need to get serious "on a continus basis". Not just some grants for extra enforcement here and there. Southern Maryland CAN recapture our safe roads we once had if they want to get serious. I don't see any sign of even considering it any time soon. That's not good.