ACCIDENTS KEEP PILING UP

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
RutRo.
I did that a few weeks ago, but it wasn't during rush hour.
If there's only sporadic traffic, I don't see a problem with it.

What is infuriating, are those people that sit there during rush to do this, therefore blocking anyone else wanting out to go NB. I personally go out the back side of the parking lot in order to bypass those dummies.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Like the tards coming out of WaWa at Buck Hewitt during rush hour and want to cross all lanes to make a U-turn to go south, rather than go up to San Souci and make the U-turn. Those people should be burned at the stake.
I'm going with it's a DOT caused issue that could have been easily eliminated with a 4 way light. A worse example is across the road, people come down Buck Hewitt then turn into CVS parking lot and frogger across all lanes to get to the U-turn lane.

glhs837

Power with Control
RutRo.
I did that a few weeks ago, but it wasn't during rush hour.
200.gif

Grumpy

I'm going with it's a DOT caused issue that could have been easily eliminated with a 4 way light. A worse example is across the road, people come down Buck Hewitt then turn into CVS parking lot and frogger across all lanes to get to the U-turn lane.
The funniest thing about Buck Hewitt is you have a third of a mile or more to merge with SB 235 traffic yet 80% of the people stop at the yield sign.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Now that FDR is open, I can take that instead of getting back on 235.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The funniest thing about Buck Hewitt is you have a third of a mile or more to merge with SB 235 traffic yet 80% of the people stop at the yield sign.
Dude comping off St.A Rd refused to yield and flipped me off when I beeped at him because my blinker was on to get in the turn lane to get into that WaWa.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Dude comping off St.A Rd refused to yield and flipped me off when I beeped at him because my blinker was on to get in the turn lane to get into that WaWa.
I miss my old 1970 Buick Wagon for things like that. Old, rusty and beat up.

It was such a beast I could just start moving over and let them do a powerbrake nosestand to protect their car. :lmao:

OccamsRazor

This is because people like to get into the turn/merge lane IMMEDIATELY after passing the controlled intersection and ride down the turn lane for a mile before their actual turn. SB 235 just after the Walmart is a perfect example. People jump in the turn lane and ride it all the way down to Chancellors. If you are leaving Walmart headed SB on 235 then you have to stop or else you will get T-boned. Get caught in that nonsense enough times and you become hesitant to just jump out into the turn lane and go.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'll take that one with a grain of salt. Absolutely true if the light is green in that direction. However, if the u-turn lane SB has the green, the merge cannot assume they have a clear shot. My truck takes the entire 3 lanes to make a u-turn at that light to go NB, and have nearly hit numerous people who blindly pull out from the merge without looking or yielding, just pull out.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
This is because people like to get into the turn/merge lane IMMEDIATELY after passing the controlled intersection and ride down the turn lane for a mile before their actual turn. SB 235 just after the Walmart is a perfect example. People jump in the turn lane and ride it all the way down to Chancellors. If you are leaving Walmart headed SB on 235 then you have to stop or else you will get T-boned. Get caught in that nonsense enough times and you become hesitant to just jump out into the turn lane and go.
Not to mention the people who see a car in the merge lane and punch it so that car doesn't get ahead of them.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well, I'm going to fight the odds and take the Sling out for a ride. And since it's St. George's Day, maybe try to penetrate the SGI perimeter security system....

"May the odds ever be in my favor."

Tech

Like the tards coming out of WaWa at Buck Hewitt during rush hour and want to cross all lanes to make a U-turn to go south, rather than go up to San Souci and make the U-turn. Those people should be burned at the stake.
But people complained about that intersection about coming out of Buck Hewitt and having to go right. Guess the opening of FDR ended that.🤣

Tech

I do if there is nobody behind me, can be a bitch getting over to do the uturn in the morning rush.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Well, I'm going to fight the odds and take the Sling out for a ride. And since it's St. George's Day, maybe try to penetrate the SGI perimeter security system....

"May the odds ever be in my favor."
Watch out for the drawbridge.

PeoplesElbow

When traffic is super heavy, I don't usually use that intersection to go SB. I'll go down MDRd to the light at Outback. When going NB, I usually pop out at Dean Lumber. Straight line of sight and the St. John's light regulates the traffic. Easy to see.
A whole lot of people don't put for thought into driving. Had someone almost miss their exit on I-70 the other day, they were behind me, went to pass, realized they wanted to exit so they cut in front of me while slamming on the brakes. Luckily I didn't hit them, but they got into the marbles because they actually did miss their exit and they went off the road into the ditch.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A whole lot of people don't put for thought into driving. Had someone almost miss their exit on I-70 the other day, they were behind me, went to pass, realized they wanted to exit so they cut in front of me while slamming on the brakes. Luckily I didn't hit them, but they got into the marbles because they actually did miss their exit and they went off the road into the ditch.
That's a happy ending! :lmao:

I did a lot of driving in San Francisco when I was in my teens, using a stick. I learned young. :diva:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
You see that all the time on 70. Not always someone going into the dirt but the "gonna miss my exit sashay". On 4 every day.