After 9 years

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Really? My daughter's father and I weren't married. He was ordered to pay support without a paternity test. He signed the birth certificate. Same with my granddaughters' father. They weren't married. He signed the birth certificates. I have a court hearing on Feb 2 to establish child support for them. If the father admits at birth he is the father, no paternity test is required.

I only wish more woman would do research on their baby daddies backgrounds and his potential to be a good father first verse become research experts on child support, paternity, visitation, state/federal child protection laws, lawyers, social services, public assistance, DNA, etc. etc. :coffee:

SoMDGirl42

I only wish more woman would do research on their baby daddies backgrounds and his potential to be a good father first verse become research experts on child support, paternity, visitation, state/federal child protection laws, lawyers, social services, public assistance, DNA, etc. etc. :coffee:

I agree with you. However, that goes both ways. It isn't always just baby daddies that should have a license to reproduce.

seeamovie

I agree with you. However, that goes both ways. It isn't always just baby daddies that should have a license to reproduce.
Is there no shame in having a baby without having a committed relationship? What are you teaching your children. Wait, sorry about that, you already answered with the comment about the same thing happening with your grand daughter.

I am happy in my home, my parents taught me that having a child out of wedlock is something that would be shameful.

JULZ

BFJ
Really? My daughter's father and I weren't married. He was ordered to pay support without a paternity test. He signed the birth certificate. Same with my granddaughters' father. They weren't married. He signed the birth certificates. I have a court hearing on Feb 2 to establish child support for them. If the father admits at birth he is the father, no paternity test is required.

:yeahthat: My ex and I weren't married when I had my daughter, his name on birth certificate and no paternity was ever required to be established. Of course we eventually did get married and child support/visitation didn't become an issue until the time of separation, obviously. Maybe because of the eventual marriage it was never questioned.

Also, that was 16 years ago so maybe things have changed a bit and paternity is now required when two parents aren't married.

This subject does hit home because my kids' father has been absent for years and every once in a while, not often, wants to come back around and play Dad of the Year.

It was heartbreaking when they were much younger to try and explain why their father hadn't called or come to see them but after many years and now that they are teenagers, they have formed their own opinion, which is they aren't going to jump on his bandwagon just because he decides to call; they are looking for him to become consistent in his word/actions first. Until then they don't want anything to do with him. He has my phone number and can call me (and I let them know when he's called to see how they are) and a PO Box he can send letters and cards to, but even that seems to be too much of task on a regular basis.

JULZ

BFJ
Is there no shame in having a baby without having a committed relationship? What are you teaching your children. Wait, sorry about that, you already answered with the comment about the same thing happening with your grand daughter.

I am happy in my home, my parents taught me that having a child out of wedlock is something that would be shameful.

Oh for the love of God...really?!

kelb

art imitating life

HMMM... Accidents happen. I mean I have no children in my 30 years but sometimes accidents happe.
oh yeah.. and... :snacks:

JULZ

BFJ
I agree, unfortunately it's almost always the womans problem to deal with in the end...

Normally I would agree with that, but since I have been in SOMD, I have met more single parent and custodial fathers than ever before.

kelb

art imitating life
Normally I would agree with that, but since I have been in SOMD, I have met more single parent and custodial fathers than ever before.

I went to meet a client one time and he met me at my car. He said.. wheres the car seat? I said.. HUH? He said youre 30 and live in SOMD and single.. so wheres the kid? :lol: I said... Umm I'm kid free.. He said.. you must be the only single 30 year old in so md that is LOL

Last edited:

JULZ

BFJ
HMMM... Accidents happen. I mean I have no children in my 30 years but sometimes accidents happe.
oh yeah.. and... :snacks:

I would never consider my children accidents but wonderful, great blessings. While things at times have been very hard as a single parent, I wouldn't change it for the world!!

Never, ever, ever could I imagine parenting my two kids with their Father all these years. It was chaotic, enormously stressful and painful.

I chose a loser to have my kids with, but I have two fantastic children because of it!

JULZ

BFJ
I went to meet a client one time and he met me at my car. He said.. wheres the car seat? I said.. HUH? He said youre 30 and live in SOMD and single.. so wheres the kid? :lol: I said... Umm I'm kid free.. He said.. you must be the only single 30 year old in so md that is LOL

:lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

Wow, you sound like a real douchbag. :yay:

chernmax

Good, maybe the word will spread to the other guys that having kids is no joy ride and takes real work and commitment. Guys have the 2 headed syndrome where blood only allows one thing to think at a time. Woman yes also have their own bag of mixed nuts practicing irresponsibility like the men. Overall the key word in your comment though is SOMD, it's just the opposite in most inner cities... :coffee:

SoMDGirl42

For your information, I was married for 16 years. I gave birth to two children in that marriage. It was my choice to not marry again. My daughter that gave birth to two children was a product of my marriage to her father, so kiss my @ss.

jedi2814

Because the fathers didn't question and agreed to being named the father there was no test required. It's only required when mom or dad questions paternity. In my opinion I think all men should ask for paternity tests when someone comes after them for child support. I've seen a few cases in my time where - whoops! - this child wasn't really yours. Then you have years of issues to deal with....

chernmax

Because the fathers didn't question and agreed to being named the father there was no test required. It's only required when mom or dad questions paternity. In my opinion I think all men should ask for paternity tests when someone comes after them for child support. I've seen a few cases in my time where - whoops! - this child wasn't really yours. Then you have years of issues to deal with....

Or contact: 1-866-99-MAURY

seeamovie

Wow, you sound like a real douchbag. :yay:
I'm not really sure, but something would tell me that you are likely one of those women who were not responsible enough to have a baby with someone she was married to, or someone who she was in a committed relationship. Call me a douchebag all you want, but I am proud my parents taught me responsibility. I'll take being a married douchebag, over being you any day. I don't have any "baby's daddies" I am looking for support for.

seeamovie

For your information, I was married for 16 years. I gave birth to two children in that marriage. It was my choice to not marry again. My daughter that gave birth to two children was a product of my marriage to her father, so kiss my @ss.

You are the one who said you had a baby with a man you weren't married to. You are the person who forgot to teach her daughter responsibility. So kiss my @ss.

SoMDGirl42

I'm not really sure, but something would tell me that you are likely one of those women who were not responsible enough to have a baby with someone she was married to, or someone who she was in a committed relationship. Call me a douchebag all you want, but I am proud my parents taught me responsibility. I'll take being a married douchebag, over being you any day. I don't have any "baby's daddies" I am looking for support for.

:howdy:I got 15 bucks on pixie :duel: :popcorn: