An observation

Starman

Then I suppose the mom ought to be in the teacher's face for making her kid write such a letter.

There were a lot of us who believed in Santa Clause in our youth (I bet you were one). I was never traumatized when I found out he wasn't real, and went on to live a normal life. All this mom has done is teach her kid to hate what they disagree with.

I didn’t see any hate there, just realism. He even signed it, “love”.

warneckutz

Sounds sensible. I didn’t raise my kids to believe in fairy tales either.

liberal tears.jpg beta males.png

However, your faeries do exist...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some might call it pragmatic. Santa is made up. No sense perpetuating that sort of stuff.

Well, of course you can raise your child however you please, but little kids' faces lighting up with excitement over Santa is something pleasurable for most people. Once my kids got to be around 8 or 9 (younger for my daughter because her older brother spilled the beans) they enjoyed being in on the big kid secret and having something over the little ones.

Honestly, the Left takes the joy out of everything. Kids have all their lives to "keep it real" and just a short window to believe in magic.

Starman

Well, of course you can raise your child however you please, but little kids' faces lighting up with excitement over Santa is something pleasurable for most people. Once my kids got to be around 8 or 9 (younger for my daughter because her older brother spilled the beans) they enjoyed being in on the big kid secret and having something over the little ones.

Honestly, the Left takes the joy out of everything. Kids have all their lives to "keep it real" and just a short window to believe in magic.

I think you neither a villain nor a fool for raising your kids however you see fit, however, lying to mine so I can experience pleasure is something I won’t do.

There are myriad ways to derive pleasure and joy that don’t involve deceit.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think you neither a villain nor a fool for raising your kids however you see fit, however, lying to mine so I can experience pleasure is something I won’t do.

It's about their pleasure, not yours. Little kids get pleasure out of happy things. Santa is a happy thing.

This is probably why you're so miserable all the time - no Santa Claus.

PsyOps

Pixelated

And I suppose your kids never got a dollar under their pillow when they lost a tooth. Instead you taught your kid to leave the tooth fairy a note that says "And your life is emty".

Starman

And I suppose your kids never got a dollar under their pillow when they lost a tooth. Instead you taught your kid to leave the tooth fairy a note that says "And your life is emty".

Sorry, didn’t do the tooth fairy thing either.

Starman

It's about their pleasure, not yours. Little kids get pleasure out of happy things. Santa is a happy thing.

This is probably why you're so miserable all the time - no Santa Claus.

That’s not really what you said, but I will accept that’s what you meant.

But still, there are myriad ways for kids to derive pleasure and joy that don’t involve deceit.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That’s not really what you said, but I will accept that’s what you meant.

But still, there are myriad ways for kids to derive pleasure and joy that don’t involve deceit.

Oh for crying out loud. It's not deceit. It's fun. Like wrapping presents. It's the joy of that unknown. Mystery. It's watching your kid's eyes light up with joy when they go to the tree on Christmas morning and see presents mysteriously appear; knowing one day that will be gone when they find out the truth. I remember those days fondly. Some of the best memories of my life; and I don't feel deceived at all.

Starman

Oh for crying out loud. It's not deceit. It's fun. Like wrapping presents. It's the joy of that unknown. Mystery. It's watching your kid's eyes light up with joy when they go to the tree on Christmas morning and see presents mysteriously appear; knowing one day that will be gone when they find out the truth. I remember those days fondly. Some of the best memories of my life; and I don't feel deceived at all.

It’s not deceit? Are you telling me Santa is real?

Our kids got plenty of loot for Christmas; they just knew all along that they were from mommy and daddy and not a fat man dressed in red.

The pleasure and joy were still overflowing.