An observation

Hijinx

It’s not deceit? Are you telling me Santa is real?

Our kids got plenty of loot for Christmas; they just knew all along that they were from mommy and daddy and not a fat man dressed in red.

The pleasure and joy were still overflowing.

Too selfish to let a fictional character take credit Huh?

PsyOps

Pixelated
It’s not deceit? Are you telling me Santa is real?

Our kids got plenty of loot for Christmas; they just knew all along that they were from mommy and daddy and not a fat man dressed in red.

Deceit is a lie aimed at doing harm to the person you are lying to.

Starman

Deceit is a lie aimed at doing harm to the person you are lying to.

Nope!

deceit
deceit /dɪˈsiːt /
▸ noun [mass noun] the action or practice of deceiving someone by concealing or misrepresenting the truth:
a web of deceit
hypocrisy and deceit were anathema to her
[count noun] a series of lies and deceits.
–#ORIGIN Middle English: from Old French, past participle (used as a noun) of deceveir ‘deceive’.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Nope!

deceit
deceit /dɪˈsiːt /
▸ noun [mass noun] the action or practice of deceiving someone by concealing or misrepresenting the truth:
a web of deceit
–#ORIGIN Middle English: from Old French, past participle (used as a noun) of deceveir ‘deceive’.

So let me ask you this: Did you ever read to your kids before bedtime? Stories that were fairy tales?

Winnie the Pooh
Cinderella
The Three Little Pigs
Jack And The Bean-Stalk
Snow White
Tom Thumb

Did you tell your kids after you were done "Now, none of these stories are true. They're just stories"? Or did you let your kid go to sleep having dreams of the story you just read?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It probably wasn't, they were just scared to tell you.

Kidding. I'm sure your kids are fine (for kids who didn't have Santa Claus). Lots of people don't do the Santa thing (or the Christmas thing, for that matter) and it doesn't scar them for life. That we know of.

Starman

It probably wasn't, they were just scared to tell you.

Kidding. I'm sure your kids are fine (for kids who didn't have Santa Claus). Lots of people don't do the Santa thing (or the Christmas thing, for that matter) and it doesn't scar them for life. That we know of.

It's all good.

I love Christmas - the holiday and the season. Santa Claus just didn't figure prominently as a dude who dresses in red and comes down the chimney with presents is all. My kids don't have kids of their own yet. Maybe they'll take a different approach, maybe not.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I love Christmas - the holiday and the season. Santa Claus just didn't figure prominently as a dude who dresses in red and comes down the chimney with presents is all. My kids don't have kids of their own yet. Maybe they'll take a different approach, maybe not.

Growing up, our home didn't have a chimney. But I never thought to bring up that fact. Some how the swag ended up under the tree.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don’t get why it is wrong to let the little ones be innocent for as long as they can, and BELIEVE. Innocence is hard to find these days, and memories are everything; people remember that in their later years.

Am I going to be forced to get rid of my Santa decos? :bawl:

Just a side note...I have a Cajun version of The Night Before Christmas. It is awesome!

Merry Christmas, y’all! Go, Santa!

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Nope!

deceit
deceit /dɪˈsiːt /
a web of deceit

It is not deceit. What is wrong with you! IMO, you stymied your children’s imagination; which leads to creativity, and that can impact the world. What did they say to their friends growing up? How many children did they impact because their parents were so cynical, and bah, humbug: Even Scrooge came around. Your poor babies. I feel sorry for them. They missed the twinkle of it all. That’s on you.

Just to let you know, I am not a gift person. Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ. I go with it all, and get practical presents; Home Depot cards, dot needs new front door mat, in laws want new skillet, and handkerchiefs, new baby car seat needs a mat, etc. But, good grief, at least, I let my children experience the magic of Santa. What is wrong with you, really? Were your parents the same way you are about Santa? And, what are your thoughts on Christmas, all together? That should be interesting. Looking forward to your reply. :smile:

Also, why not let our children live in a fantasy world for as long as they can? The real world is so incomprehensible, anymore; it is more than shocking. And, being the future generation, they will have to live the nightmare that the World is today, sooner than you think.

Merry Christmas, Starman. Say hello to LB for me. :smile:

Last edited:

Starman

It is not deceit. What is wrong with you! IMO, you stymied your children’s imagination; which leads to creativity, and that can impact the world. What did they say to their friends growing up? How many children did they impact because their parents were so cynical, and bah, humbug: Even Scrooge came around. Your poor babies. I feel sorry for them. They missed the twinkle of it all. That’s on you.

Just to let you know, I am not a gift person. Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ. I go with it all, and get practical presents; Home Depot cards, dot needs new front door mat, in laws want new skillet, and handkerchiefs, new baby car seat needs a mat, etc. But, good grief, at least, I let my children experience the magic of Santa. What is wrong with you, really? Were your parents the same way you are about Santa? And, what are your thoughts on Christmas, all together? That should be interesting. Looking forward to your reply. :smile:

Also, why not let our children live in a fantasy world for as long as they can? The real world is so incomprehensible, anymore; it is more than shocking. And, being the future generation, they will have to live the nightmare that the World is today, sooner than you think.

One kid is an economist, another a musician, and the third in graduate school for a hard science. Lots of creativity, no stymied imaginations. They knew not to ruin the secret for other kids, and as far as I know they didn't.

I think Christmas is great.

Starman

Growing up, our home didn't have a chimney. But I never thought to bring up that fact. Some how the swag ended up under the tree.

I never even thought of that. Here I grew up in a world of chimneys and I just assumed everyone had them. MIND=BLOWN. How do that work? Does the dude just walk right in the front door?

littlelady

God bless the USA
One kid is an economist, another a musician, and the third in graduate school for a hard science. Lots of creativity, no stymied imaginations. They knew not to ruin the secret for other kids, and as far as I know they didn't.

I think Christmas is great.

Just an observation, but you seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth. You know what that means, since you are so smart, and all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I never even thought of that. Here I grew up in a world of chimneys and I just assumed everyone had them. MIND=BLOWN. How do that work? Does the dude just walk right in the front door?

We never had a chimney and my grandmother told me that Santa is magic and will find a way to leave presents for the good children.

That's another thing: how did you threaten your children into good behavior if they didn't have Santa Claus?