And the Nobel Peace Prize goes to...

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
There's some good news in this because no one will really give a crap other than Obama and it will help bring to light his overly impressive NON record of accomplishments. I think this is great news!!! :dye:

SamSpade

I'm telling you, he can absolutely do one thing to redeem himself in my eyes, and if he does it, I will positively stop critcizing him.

He can decline the award, citing he does not deserve it.

But I would bet against that event.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Since when does EFFORT without actual accomplishment result in being rewarded over someone that actually accomplished something?
Sounds a lot like the way our nation's general mentality on everything from hiring practices to kids' soccer games has gone over the past couple decades. So yeah, basically the "prize" is officially a worthless popularity token.

acommondisaster

Has the whole world gone mad?

There's no way that egomaniac Obamememememememea would decline it - rather he'll tell us why he deserves it. Weeks from now, he'll insert it into every friggin' speech he gives "the whole world watched as I became one of the few to receive the highest honor in the land blah blah blah."

Aninha

Has the whole world gone mad?

There's no way that egomaniac Obamememememememea would decline it - rather he'll tell us why he deserves it. Weeks from now, he'll insert it into every friggin' speech he gives "the whole world watched as I became one of the few to receive the highest honor in the land blah blah blah."

:yeahthat:

I signed on to my Twitter account today, just to see what Neal Boortz would say about this...

'It all depends on what your definition of "peace " is. To the soviets it was "an absence of opposition to world communism."'

'The Nobel Peace Prize hasn't been worth a bucket of brown goo since it was awarded to Yasser (That's My Baby) Arafat.'

'Last year Europeans - by 60% - said they wanted a "weaker United States." Obama gave them what they wanted. Hence the "Peace" prize.'

Neal never fails me...

Check out the accomplishments of the recent past winners:

• Martti Ahtisaari - "for his important efforts, on several continents and over more than three decades, to resolve international conflicts"

• Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (Al Gore) - the panel was established in 1988. So their work spans nearly 2 decades before being considered and winning.

• Muhammad Yunus and the Grameen Bank - Promoted the idea of microcredit. His work extends all the way back to the 1970s. Over 30 years of work to win the Nobel.

• IAEA and Mohamed ElBaradei - ElBaradei became the senior staff member in 1984. 20+ years of work to win the Nobel.

• Wangari Muta Maathai - Work extends back to the early 90s to establish peaceful free elections in Kenya. It was her staunch stance against the oppressive ruling government that won her the prize. Nearly 15 years of work.

• Shirin Ebadi - Spent decades fighting for womens' rights in the mideast (Iran). Quote from her: "In the last 23 years, from the day I was stripped of my judgeship to the years of doing battle in the revolutionary courts of Tehran, I had repeated one refrain: an interpretation of Islam that is in harmony with equality and democracy is an authentic expression of faith."

• Jimmy Carter - "for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development"

We could go through every winner and see they have a long record of work. It appears the standard has changed. All you have to do now is say things that make folks feel good. No real history of work is required.

But the Anointed One can walk on water. :shrug:

chernmax

What an appropriate award for National Mental Illness Awareness week! :coffee:

Norway you are truly insane!!! :bonk:

Last edited:

Baz

This. ------------------>
You mean the thread in this section I erased and closed. Try and keep up! :dye:

No. In the other duplicate thread you started in the Politics forum. You can't seem to keep up with your cross-posts.

chernmax

No. In the other duplicate thread you started in the Politics forum. You can't seem to keep up with your cross-posts.

Not everyone reads all the different sections on this forum, the thread is sturring debate in the section it should be in and if you don't like it, tough sh*t, it's not about you! :coffee:

Pandora

This thread belongs in the joke section.

Obama needs to turn down the award. He took office Jan. 20th and nominations were due in by Feb. 09. He hasn't done anything to deserve this...