Another Fundy wacko bites the dust

C

Chuckt

I just put a mirror up to hate......if the reflection is bad, so be it

Except that Jesus said He would hold you responsible for every idle word:

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

So unless you have a Biblical reason for saying what you're saying, you are going to have to answer to God and you have no Biblical excuse.

On top of that, you were told to love your enemies and to do good to those who hate you.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Except that Jesus said He would hold you responsible for every idle word:

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

So unless you have a Biblical reason for saying what you're saying, you are going to have to answer to God and you have no Biblical excuse.

Seriously? Do you have a biblical reason for every word that comes out of your mouth? Don't lie!

Btw, you don't get to skate on being held accountable for your words or deeds either. You may want to give that some serious thought before pointing self-righteous fingers at people.

On top of that, you were told to love your enemies and to do good to those who hate you.

Yeah Bird Dog, the fundamentalist Christian hates you so do good to him! :smack:

C

Chuckt

Seriously? Do you have a biblical reason for every word that comes out of your mouth? Don't lie!

Btw, you don't get to skate on being held accountable for your words or deeds either. You may want to give that some serious thought before pointing self-righteous fingers at people.

Yeah Bird Dog, the fundamentalist Christian hates you so do good to him! :smack:

If you're the kind of person who knows that he or she is evil then everyone else is evil because people view others like that and there is nothing much I can change your mind on.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
If you're the kind of person who knows that he or she is evil then everyone else is evil because people view others like that and there is nothing much I can change your mind on.

Oh I don't know about that. I think good people can recognize evil when they see it. Sometimes evil is a little more subtle, underhanded or under a guise, but even so it's still evil. :shrug:

Think about it. Bird Dog was referring to you and didn't treat you so well, and you reminded him of the scripture passage that says he should do good to those who hate him, which heavily implies that you hate him. You pretty much called yourself out...and used scripture to do it...which is kind of sick.

Btw, you didn't answer my question. In fact, there is a LOT of questions in a few threads the last couple days you haven't answered. Why is that? Oh wait, never mind, that's another question you likely won't answer.

C

Chuckt

Oh I don't know about that. I think good people can recognize evil when they see it. Sometimes evil is a little more subtle, underhanded or under a guise, but even so it's still evil. :shrug:

Think about it. Bird Dog was referring to you and didn't treat you so well, and you reminded him of the scripture passage that says he should do good to those who hate him, which heavily implies that you hate him. You pretty much called yourself out...and used scripture to do it...which is kind of sick.

Btw, you didn't answer my question. In fact, there is a LOT of questions in a few threads the last couple days you haven't answered. Why is that? Oh wait, never mind, that's another question you likely won't answer.

What I'm saying is that because some people know they are evil, what they believe about themselves is what they think about other people.

I'm not at all implying that I hate anyone on this forum. If someone hates me then they believe I'm their enemy so if they are a Christian and I'm their enemy then why don't they love their enemies as Christ commanded them to do? If you say you are a Christian and if you say that you follow Jesus then why don't they do the things that Jesus says?

I'm not into multi-quoted posts because I've never figured out how people do them. I've tried to do them manually and it takes a lot of time so it is possible that I didn't answer your question but ask again.

As far as using scripture to be evil, I just see that God wrote His words down and if we follow it then we're following God. So there are also things that God says in His word to do that people don't like:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All scripture is profitable for reproof, correction, etc. People don't like that and I could have a ministry doing that.

Paul also says that to make manifest is light so people thing that it is wrong to judge but God loves judgment and it is light that makes manifest and not darkness.

Ephesians 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

It is really the opposite where darkness hates the light and won't come into the light because they don't want to be reproved:

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

So if people complain about me following Ephesians 5:11 and calling me "wrong" for doing that then they have God's system backwards:

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove (expose) them.

What I am teaching is basic Christian doctrine and I've had people argue against this and the Bible since 1986 so I've had a lot of experience debating people who hate the Bible and it is Basic Christian Doctrine. So I can probably find a dozen commentaries that say the same thing I'm saying and people will say "prove it" and when I prove it they will say, "stop quoting dead men" so it doesn't matter if I say it or God says it because people reject it and if they don't listen to me then they won't listen to Jesus, the Apostles, commentaries, dictionaries, books with apologetics or reasons to follow the Bible. And when I go down this road, it doesn't stop because people make up excuses to say, "no" to God because they wouldn't obey Him in His kingdom either so people can go to church but when they debate me, I see them as functioning atheists because they are at hatred with God because they don't like His rules or obey Him. All the writings I've tried to prove over the years comes down as Basic Christian doctrine that people over the web hate. They think they are smart and say, "That isn't what the word says" but I spent and spend hours trying to defend the Bible and I'm not impressed with the megabytes I have written because it comes down to basic Christian doctrine.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
What I'm saying is that because some people know they are evil, what they believe about themselves is what they think about other people.

I'm not at all implying that I hate anyone on this forum. If someone hates me then they believe I'm their enemy so if they are a Christian and I'm their enemy then why don't they love their enemies as Christ commanded them to do? If you say you are a Christian and if you say that you follow Jesus then why don't they do the things that Jesus says?

I'm not into multi-quoted posts because I've never figured out how people do them. I've tried to do them manually and it takes a lot of time so it is possible that I didn't answer your question but ask again.

As far as using scripture to be evil, I just see that God wrote His words down and if we follow it then we're following God. So there are also things that God says in His word to do that people don't like:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All scripture is profitable for reproof, correction, etc. People don't like that and I could have a ministry doing that.

Paul also says that to make manifest is light so people thing that it is wrong to judge but God loves judgment and it is light that makes manifest and not darkness.

Ephesians 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

It is really the opposite where darkness hates the light and won't come into the light because they don't want to be reproved:

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

So if people complain about me following Ephesians 5:11 and calling me "wrong" for doing that then they have God's system backwards:

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove (expose) them.

What I am teaching is basic Christian doctrine and I've had people argue against this and the Bible since 1986 so I've had a lot of experience debating people who hate the Bible and it is Basic Christian Doctrine. So I can probably find a dozen commentaries that say the same thing I'm saying and people will say "prove it" and when I prove it they will say, "stop quoting dead men" so it doesn't matter if I say it or God says it because people reject it and if they don't listen to me then they won't listen to Jesus, the Apostles, commentaries, dictionaries, books with apologetics or reasons to follow the Bible. And when I go down this road, it doesn't stop because people make up excuses to say, "no" to God because they wouldn't obey Him in His kingdom either so people can go to church but when they debate me, I see them as functioning atheists because they are at hatred with God because they don't like His rules or obey Him. All the writings I've tried to prove over the years comes down as Basic Christian doctrine that people over the web hate. They think they are smart and say, "That isn't what the word says" but I spent and spend hours trying to defend the Bible and I'm not impressed with the megabytes I have written because it comes down to basic Christian doctrine.

You really are full of yourself.
I don't hate you, I pity you.
You are not my enemy, because you can do me no harm
You're just a self righteous a-hole

C

Chuckt

You really are full of yourself.
I don't hate you, I pity you.
You are not my enemy, because you can do me no harm
You're just a self righteous a-hole

"...by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."-Rom. 5:19

The obedience of Jesus made us us righteous so it isn't my righteousness or my self-righteousness but His righteousness and the Bible is His standards.

And we will be kings and priests unto God.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

So who are you really picking on?

"He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me."-Matthew 10:40

"..He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me."-John 13:20

God sends me (Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19-20) so if you pick on me, you are really picking on God.

Jesus had ascended to God after the resurrection and Jesus told paul, "I am Jesus whom thou persecutest." Paul was only hauling off Christians and Paul didn't think he was persecuting God but God takes it personally:

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Am I insignificant that I could count as one of the least that you say things about me? You've done it unto Jesus.

Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Now that you know better, what are you going to say to God when asked about it?

Cain killed Abel and then we have this law:

Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

The reason being is that you are doing something to someone made in the image of God and God takes that personally.

1 John 3:15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

So why don't we try again and start off right together?

C

Chuckt

Isn't that exactly what your goal is, after all? Phenomenally obnoxious in-your-face people like yourself tend to be.....wait for it...disliked.

I saw the forum said "Religion" and a lot of the posts were by hotcoffe and not you.
I didn't know the forum said "Catholic" and that anyone else wasn't welcome here.
It was okay for others to challenge me and people asked me to answer them but I guess that isn't a two way street.
It is a public forum and not owned by anyone so I believe that anyone has a right here as much as you but you are the one being not welcoming.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I saw the forum said "Religion" and a lot of the posts were by hotcoffe and not you.
I didn't know the forum said "Catholic" and that anyone else wasn't welcome here.
It was okay for others to challenge me and people asked me to answer them but I guess that isn't a two way street.
It is a public forum and not owned by anyone so I believe that anyone has a right here as much as you but you are the one being not welcoming.

:wah::wah:

Radiant1

Soul Probe

Boohoo. Don't play the martyr, it's unbecoming and an insult to those who truly are. As far as I'm concerned, the first posts from you I read was your many anti-Catholic diatribes. I have since in the course of defending my faith to you nominally* challenged you, but you have yet to respond to any of it, which implies you have no desire for dialogue or even debate but just want a pulpit to hear yourself preach. If you're going to come across like an ass, then expect to be disliked. :buttkick:

*Mind you, I say nominally because I could hit you hard in the theological gonads, but I choose not to because I allow people to follow their conscience even if I don't particularly agree with it, I simply pray for those who I feel need it, and I never feel the need to cram my particular views down anyone's throat. Generally speaking, I don't even post in the religion forum until someone like you makes ignorant comments about my faith.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The one thing I can say is – and this is NOT defending or condemning Chuckt or anyone else – when Jesus came along, His ideas were so radical that the leaders of the Sanhedrin and Synagogues put Him to death. He challenged the 'conventional thinking' and practices of those days. We are over 2000 years into the death of Jesus and a lot of practices, in every denomination, have been CREATED in His name that I would question as biblical.

Folks throwing around the term ‘fundamental’ around don’t seem to be thinking about what that word means… ‘Fundamantal’ means getting to the rudimentary, foundational tenets of the faith. You really should ask yourself “is my faith TRULY following the FUNDAMENTAL tenets that Christ set up?”

Having attended just about every denomination under the sun, I’d not. We’re all in danger of displeasing God in this front.

Amused_despair

The one thing I can say is – and this is NOT defending or condemning Chuckt or anyone else – when Jesus came along, His ideas were so radical that the leaders of the Sanhedrin and Synagogues put Him to death. He challenged the 'conventional thinking' and practices of those days. We are over 2000 years into the death of Jesus and a lot of practices, in every denomination, have been CREATED in His name that I would question as biblical.

Folks throwing around the term ‘fundamental’ around don’t seem to be thinking about what that word means… ‘Fundamantal’ means getting to the rudimentary, foundational tenets of the faith. You really should ask yourself “is my faith TRULY following the FUNDAMENTAL tenets that Christ set up?”

Having attended just about every denomination under the sun, I’d not. We’re all in danger of displeasing God in this front.

Jesus would probably not be very happy with the so-called Christians of these days.

Mathew 19:21

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

He was very specific about us worrying about and accumulating wealth. : Mathew 6:19-34

19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Jesus would probably not be very happy with the so-called Christians of these days.

Good post!

My thoughts on this is, I know God is unhappy with me…………… especially since I stress over nitnoid stuff like little traffic annoyances :poke: (straining at a gnat).

But I see all of these folks so quick to point out the flaws of everyone else’s practices while failing to see their own. In the “What do you do” thread I was quick to point what I perceived to be other peoples’ flaws (selfish driving habits) while failing to see my own (my impatience with those people).

“… first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” – Matthew 7:5

C

Chuckt

Good post!

My thoughts on this is, I know God is unhappy with me…………… especially since I stress over nitnoid stuff like little traffic annoyances :poke: (straining at a gnat).

But I see all of these folks so quick to point out the flaws of everyone else’s practices while failing to see their own. In the “What do you do” thread I was quick to point what I perceived to be other peoples’ flaws (selfish driving habits) while failing to see my own (my impatience with those people).

“… first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” – Matthew 7:5

And what happens when we repent and pull the plank out of our eye? We can then judge.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And what happens when we repent and pull the plank out of our eye? We can then judge.

I see... All of your issues in life are resolved? I happen to find your judgment on others to be an unresolved issue.

I think this is why Jesus said: "“Do not judge, or you too will be judged." We're never truly in a position to judge.

Last edited: