Another Super Bowl Thread - Kid Rock

willie

I bailed out after about one minute of that noise. Is it true that the lyrics of many of the songs were raunchy? Some 30 year olds may have a different idea of raunch than I do so I guess this is all opinion. If it was about getting someones clothes off before the song is over plus ho's and b1tches then I think that is what we should be concerned about even more than the boob with a pin stuck through it.

SamSpade

Originally posted by jlabsher
Anybody mad about Kid Rock wearing a flag poncho over a wife beater t-shirt while singing about all his hoes and crack and money? Why are more people outraged over a saggy boob?

Cuz there's only so many hours in a day?

Yeah, I thought it was tacky and in bad taste, once I realized it was a flag with a hole in it. At first I thought it was a shirt designed like a flag until they moved in closer.

I'm not quite as outraged over misuse of flags as many others I know are.

I just found the whole half-time show pointless and boring. I kept looking at my watch hoping it would end.

kidlane

This is my 2 cents:

I LOVE kid Rock, (I'm 40 on the nose also, with 5 kids ages 12-17, three kids are adopted) anyway, this is what makes our counrty so damn great! Freedom of expression! Kid was expressing his self in his way. What is wong with that? That is the reason he has succeeded in his career. He chose to wear the flag, and take the flack. Hey, he could of been wearing France's flag and that would have been his choice also. But he didn't.

As it was said about :13 year old girls getting pregnant" (some) 13 year old girls have ALWAYS been getting pregnant, and 40 years from now (some) will still be getting pregnant. What they do is their choice, not music perfomers.

Sex sells ; weather it's condoms, music, or peanut butter! And hey we are buying it! The secret is out, (people have SEX). There I said it, as soon as people stop trying to hide it and deal with open and honestly, children will be better educated and when they are ready to have sex, they will know their choices and responsibilties that go along with sex.

And that was my 2 cents worth and my 2 cents are free.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by kidlane
Hey, he could of been wearing France's flag and that would have been his choice also.

No he couldn't. There is only ONE proper use for the French flag, and that is wiping your azz.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
"Sex sells ; weather it's condoms, music, or peanut butter! And hey we are buying it! The secret is out, (people have SEX). There I said it, as soon as people stop trying to hide it and deal with open and honestly, children will be better educated and when they are ready to have sex, they will know their choices and responsibilties that go along with sex.
:crazy: :rolleyes: :crazy: This has got to be one of the most idiotic and moronic statements that I've had the displeasure to read.

"The secret is out,(people have sex).

WELL NO SHAIT, SHAKESPEARE!! How enlightening this is!

There's probably 95% of us on these forums that haven't recognised that fact yet!

The whole point of the matter is this: What is appealing to you
may not be so in my tastes, especially in the venue of a nationally televised event, like the Super Bowl.

It had no business there. On MTV or VH-!, yes, of course. You'd almost expect those kinds of antics, almost to the point if it didn't happen, you'd wonder what had happened? Where's the sex?

Ever hear of the idea: "There's a time and place for everything?"

This wasn't one of them.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
My point was that everybody is getting upset about a boobie, but nobody said one word about all the rappers violent, druggie, women hating lyrics or disrespect to the flag.

Which is worse? Is this nation really still that prudish that a breast is more distasteful than violence against women, drug use, etc...

Love it.

Ponytail

Originally posted by Christy
Y'all can :biteme: I love Kid Rock. :neener: I think his intentions were good with the flag thing. The vast majority of people aren't taught appropriate displaying of old glory.

All of his work with the USO and the money he's donated to the families who lost someone on the USS Cole more than makes up for that faux pas IMHO.

:clap:

He didn't wipe his ass with it, for crying out loud! People wear the flag on their t-shirts, on their jeans, there are boxers with the flag printed on it, and condoms made to look like a flag.

get grip people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jlabsher
My point was that everybody is getting upset about a boobie, but nobody said one word about all the rappers violent, druggie, women hating lyrics or disrespect to the flag.
Because we've seen the profanity, crotch grabbing and flag disrespect a thousand times. This was a first for the boob.

kidlane

~~ This has got to be one of the most idiotic and moronic statements that I've had the displeasure to read.

"The secret is out,(people have sex).

WELL NO SHAIT, SHAKESPEARE!! How enlightening this is!

There's probably 95% of us on these forums that haven't recognised that fact yet!

The whole point of the matter is this: What is appealing to you
may not be so in my tastes, especially in the venue of a nationally televised event, like the Super Bowl.

It had no business there. On MTV or VH-!, yes, of course. You'd almost expect those kinds of antics, almost to the point if it didn't happen, you'd wonder what had happened? Where's the sex?

Ever hear of the idea: "There's a time and place for everything?"

This wasn't one of them.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, freedom of expression, YOU think that wasn't the time or place, and that's your choice.

But, others have the freedom to say "there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a boob, alot of us have them, kids know we have them too, who did it really hurt?"

my 2 cents again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But, others have the freedom to say "there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a boob, alot of us have them, kids know we have them too, who did it really hurt?"
What if Justin Timberlake had whipped out his willy? Would that have still been okay? How about if JJ started giving him a bj on stage? Would that have been okay?

When, for you, would it have stopped being wholesome family entertainment?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is a difference, those things did not happen. We can play what if's all day.
Cop out. I asked you a relevant and straightforward question. At what point would nudity or profanity or sex not be okay for public consumption, in your opinion?

kidlane

At what point would nudity or profanity or sex not be okay for public consumption, in your opinion?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, I guess it would be the actual act of sex, bj's, that sort of thing.

Not just showing body parts.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Personally, I think the whole lousy halftime show, with all the "scandal", has been blown WAY out of proportion. :duh: They panned back instantly when the boobie was flung out. Not a whole lot for a kid to see, however NOW her teet is plastered all over the newspapers, and they're showing it a bazillion times on the news. It's just retarded.

As far as Kid Rock and the flag goes... The only time I ever get perturbed with misuse of the American flag is when there is intentional disrespect in its display. There was no intentional disrespect whatsoever, so I wish everyone would get their knickers out of a knot over the whole thing.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I agree Christy, I didn't even watch it, and sorry to say I'm not impressed with Kid Rock. Making mountains out of molehills, so to speak.:rolleyes:

willie

Anyone that has channel surfed and seen what MTV. BET and VH1 is all about should have known what was coming. Tagliabu acts so offended. Horse dew dew. He has to be brain dead to think he was getting a Mary Poppins act and with the lineup of performers, the viewer was also forwarned. The complaints to the NFL should have swamped Tagliabu as soon as the program was announced.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well slap my azz...

"Sex sells ; weather it's condoms, music, or peanut butter! And hey we are buying it! The secret is out, (people have SEX). There I said it, as soon as people stop trying to hide it and deal with open and honestly, children will be better educated and when they are ready to have sex, they will know their choices and responsibilties that go along with sex.

...and expose my man boob in your face while you're trying to gag down a Tombstone sex pizza.

I thought I was watching a damn football game.

Here's what I'll PAY for: The Superbowl, $35 pay per view with NO commercials. No dino rockers, no Jacksons, no rap/rock/slock/crock.

Allow me to purchase these fine items seperately.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anyone who thinks...

...that the NFL KNEW what it was getting need only produce one small piece of evidence:

A contract clause that says "We're gonna expose Janets right boob. Don't worry, it will have a flesh toned nipple cap star shaped thingy" ...and then show Tags NFL signature approving this.

Would the NFL have approved if they knew what the performance would entail?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In my opinion, I guess it would be the actual act of sex, bj's, that sort of thing.

Not just showing body parts.
So you're okay with nudity, just not sexual acts.

On MTV (and the SB halftime show) the dancers were slithering all over each other in very provocative, sexual moves.

Would you allow that same kind of dancing on TV if the dancers were naked?