Another Super Bowl Thread - Kid Rock

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Originally posted by kidlane
In my opinion, I guess it would be the actual act of sex, bj's, that sort of thing. Not just showing body parts.

Wow, I think you've got a screw or two loose! That, without a doubt, is absolutely the most ignorant post I've ever read.:cussing:

You would draw the line at “actual sex acts” but it's ok to show body parts! So, in your opinion, if JJ & JT were naked performing their song, its ok with you. What about simulated sex acts? Is it ok for your children to witness that because nothing is “actually” happening other than the showing of body parts? What about the schoolyard flasher, they're only showing their body parts:confused:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Forbidden fruit is the sweetest. If there was nudity on TV would we become used to it and not titillated by the mearest mention? Anyway 99.9% of the people in the world look better with their clothes on.

willie

Re: Anyone who thinks...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...that the NFL KNEW what it was getting need only produce one small piece of evidence:
Would the NFL have approved if they knew what the performance would entail?

You're joking, right? The boob was probably a surprise but are you telling me that the NFL was unaware of the type of raunchy entertainment they were getting? MTV, BET and VH1 push the envelope all the time so that should be enough evidence for anyone. The majority of NFL players most likely are into that kind of crotch grabbing and violence but I just don't believe the majority of NFL fans go for it. The NFL had a monstrous brain fart.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Willie, didn't MTV produce last year's halftime show, too? And they did a fine job - dinosaurs for me, kiddies for the kiddies. :yay: So there was no reason to think MTV couldn't stick with standards if they were asked to. The MTV guys aren't stupid - they know the FCC regulations just as well as any other network. They were just hoping they could get away with it and "break some ground", like Bono saying the eff word. :shrug:

willie

The cable music network will produce the halftime show for the 2004 Super Bowl airing on CBS. Both MTV and CBS are owned by Viacom.

MTV produced the halftime show for the 2001 Super Bowl, which also aired on CBS and featured Aerosmith, 'N Sync, Britney Spears, Nelly and Mary J. Blige.

"We plan on even more unexpected music performances ... that will go down in halftime history," Van Toffler, president of MTV and MTV2, said in a statement Monday. The performers weren't announced.

It was Superbowl 35.