Australian woman is fatally shot by Minneapolis police; bodycams were off

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Which gun? Nobody has challenged the Star-Tribune to explain why that sentence is even in the article. Are we looking for the officer's service handgun? Are we looking for another firearm that didn't make the edit fo the local newspaper?

How about the gun that he shot that woman with? Duh.

glhs837

Power with Control
How about the gun that he shot that woman with? Duh.

Seems silly to me to not assume that if an armed police officer shot someone, his service weapon would be the gun he used. The reference to not finding a gun at the scene should refer to the person he shot not having been armed. One of the very first questions always asked in an officer involved shooting is if the person he shot was armed.

Tech

Read a story on another site that said she may have had a cell phone in her hand. Did the moron mistake it for a gun?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Seems silly to me to not assume that if an armed police officer shot someone, his service weapon would be the gun he used. The reference to not finding a gun at the scene should refer to the person he shot not having been armed. One of the very first questions always asked in an officer involved shooting is if the person he shot was armed.

The story says clearly that no weapon was found. I took that to mean no weapon. As in not even the officer's service revolver.

glhs837

Power with Control
The story says clearly that no weapon was found. I took that to mean no weapon. As in not even the officer's service revolver.

Using that logic, it means the other officers weapon was not there either. So I'm to believe that there were two officers without a duty weapon, but nobody mentions that fact specifically? Come'on, Vrai. Pretty obvious from context what they mean.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Using that logic, it means the other officers weapon was not there either. So I'm to believe that there were two officers without a duty weapon, but nobody mentions that fact specifically? Come'on, Vrai. Pretty obvious from context what they mean.

She's invested at this point.

officeguy

Why would you expect to find the officers gun ? Its not like they just drop their gun after a use of force. They turn them in to whoever is designated by department protocol. First arriving command level officer, homicide detective, BCA investigator etc.

Chris0nllyn

Read a story on another site that said she may have had a cell phone in her hand. Did the moron mistake it for a gun?

It's happened before, and given the fact that no officer has ever been charged with a crime for mistaking something for a gun, no need to get all worked up about this.

The officer will be on paid admin leave until the investigation reveales he feared for his life, it was dark, he couldn't see what she was holding, and qualified immunity will ensure no civil suit comes out of it.

When police are taught this "us against them" attitude, #### like this happens. When police unions lobby for officers to have more rights than their fellow citizens, justice is never truely served.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I take "no weapon was found at the scene" to mean just that. Anything else is reading into it and making your own interpretation of a simple English phrase.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She's invested at this point.

Actually, I don't really care. I don't know this woman, nor do I know the cops involved. If anyone is "invested" its you all who are trying to say that "no weapons were found at the scene" really means that weapons were found at the scene.

It's curious to see you all take up for a cop who, by all accounts, shot an innocent woman for no apparent reason. In fact, discharged his gun from the passenger side of the vehicle to the driver's side, right across the face of his partner. Now, it may come out that this woman is a habitual felon with a string of priors and a history of law enforcement encounters - that happens a lot with these stories - but until then I can only give my opinion based on what the news has reported.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The officer will be on paid admin leave until the investigation reveales he feared for his life, it was dark, he couldn't see what she was holding, and qualified immunity will ensure no civil suit comes out of it.

His lawyer is going to have a tough time selling that.

glhs837

Power with Control
I take "no weapon was found at the scene" to mean just that. Anything else is reading into it and making your own interpretation of a simple English phrase.

Not at all. Finding implies a thing that should not be there. They didn't find a police car either, but one was there. They don't mention finding the police weapons because they didn't need finding. :) You really think "And both officers service weapons were missing" wouldn't be mentioned a lot more prominently? That would be a crazy turn of events.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not at all. Finding implies a thing that should not be there. They didn't find a police car either, but one was there. They don't mention finding the police weapons because they didn't need finding. :) You really think "And both officers service weapons were missing" wouldn't be mentioned a lot more prominently? That would be a crazy turn of events.

They also didn't mention finding clothing, or humans, or or cigarette butts in the alley, or anything else. Clearly it was of note that no weapon was found, otherwise they probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Of course, this is the press we're talking about, so it's possible that this incident didn't even happen and they're making the whole thing up to rally hate against the cops. It's entirely possible that this woman was part of a drug trafficking ring and the reporter didn't feel compelled to disclose that part.

So you're right, it really could be anything and here I go, getting sucked into what the press reports when I know damn good and well that they lie to further an agenda and create social strife.

:peace:

glhs837

Power with Control
They also didn't mention finding clothing, or humans, or or cigarette butts in the alley, or anything else. Clearly it was of note that no weapon was found, otherwise they probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Of course, this is the press we're talking about, so it's possible that this incident didn't even happen and they're making the whole thing up to rally hate against the cops. It's entirely possible that this woman was part of a drug trafficking ring and the reporter didn't feel compelled to disclose that part.

So you're right, it really could be anything and here I go, getting sucked into what the press reports when I know damn good and well that they lie to further an agenda and create social strife.

:peace:

When an officer shoots someone, its of note if there was a weapon in the hands of the civilian that might have made the officer felt threatened. So when there is not a weapon other than the ones the officers have, that's noteworthy. It is not of note if the officers had weapons, that normal. Not sure about the rest of your rant. I don't think anyone is taking the side of the officer. We just think it's pretty obvious he used his service weapon and that weapon is in the hands of the investigators. You are the one being a bit out there and suggesting that two officers ditched their issue weapons after a shooting. We'll see.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ruszczyk had allegedly walked up to the police car in her pajamas and addressed the driver when Noor reportedly pulled out his gun and shot her through the driver’s door. According to one source, when Noor opened fire, his partner was "stunned.”

The state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said in a news release, “Two Minneapolis police officers responded to a 911 call of a possible assault just north of the 5100 block of Washburn Avenue S. just before 11:30 p.m. Saturday. At one point, an officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman.”

Strangely, a spokeswoman for the BCA confirmed there was no weapon found at the scene.

Ruszczyk was set to marry American businessman Don Damond, 50, in August.

Ruszczyk’s website stated she was a “corporate speaker, trainer and coach” who worked to spiritually help others. She had trained to be a veterinarian at the University of Sydney, later becoming a yoga instructor and life coach holding sessions at the Lake Harriet Spiritual Centre.

According to KSTP, city records show Noor had three complaints on file.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18687/police-officer-lauded-minneapolis-mayor-first-hank-berrien

glhs837

Power with Control
So DailyWire is just as retarded as I am, presuming that "no weapons were found at the scene" means no weapons were found at the scene. What a fool.

Well, it's DailyWire, sooooo....... come'on, we both decry the crappy reporting, and the crappy use of the language by the media on both sides of the fence. Just cause this dailywire chucklehead cant construct a friken sentence doesn't mean you should jump off the cliff with him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, it's DailyWire, sooooo....... come'on, we both decry the crappy reporting, and the crappy use of the language by the media on both sides of the fence. Just cause this dailywire chucklehead cant construct a friken sentence doesn't mean you should jump off the cliff with him.

Except for the part where I came to my own conclusion before I even read the DW piece.

Midnightrider

But no gun was found at the scene. And I'm almost positive that if the cop passenger accidentally discharged his gun in the direction of the cop driver to hit someone standing at the driver's side door, the cop driver would be the first one to rat that guy out and have him at the very least kicked off the force. That would be your basic pants-####ter.

Update:
http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/434975623/#1

First question: where's the gun? It is not disputed that this cop shot and killed her. So where's the gun? If it was an accident or provoked by the woman, the cop wouldn't have gotten rid of the gun, which he obviously did. Therefore, using my incredible deductive skills, I'ma call this one a cold-blooded murder and attempted cover-up, and a way more interesting story than what it might appear at first glance.

I'm sure, but "no weapon was found at the scene" means what it says in plain English. The woman got shot. This cop shot her. Where's the gun?

You all can say shoddy reporting, but what it sounds like to me is the cops dumped the gun so it couldn't be used as evidence (that happened in a Hill Street Blues episode, btw). In my imagination, they had this idea they'd play it off and nobody knows nothin' 'bout nothin', and they got busted. So now they have a crime that nobody disputes, and a missing weapon that they need to explain.

Except for the part where I came to my own conclusion before I even read the DW piece.

JFC, talk about obtuse. You really need to get your money back for that 13th grade education.