Back Creek Bistro Closing

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
If I may ...

The latest is ...: It really does seem the the owner of the Bistro did in fact lose that loving feeling for his restaurant. Now enter the owner of Hidden Harbour Cafe who will be taking over the Bistro space and be operating by the end of November under a new name. Not Hidden Harbor or Back Creek Bistro. BTW, Hidden Harbor Cafe, the owner, I forget her name, is/was also located at Calvert Marina down by the docks and has received good reviews. I know some here now hate Yelp, but here ya go ... http://www.yelp.com/biz/hidden-harbor-dowell

:yay: I heard that from a friend of mine, but she said she wasn't sure if that was going to happen or not.

stgislander

PREMO Member
If I may ...

The latest is ...: It really does seem the the owner of the Bistro did in fact lose that loving feeling for his restaurant. Now enter the owner of Hidden Harbour Cafe who will be taking over the Bistro space and be operating by the end of November under a new name. Not Hidden Harbor or Back Creek Bistro. BTW, Hidden Harbor Cafe, the owner, I forget her name, is/was also located at Calvert Marina down by the docks and has received good reviews. I know some here now hate Yelp, but here ya go ... http://www.yelp.com/biz/hidden-harbor-dowell

Hidden Harbor... was that the old Four Winds Cafe down by the charter fishing dock?

BigRox

I was fortunate enough to have a meal named after me on the Four Winds Cafe menu! Anyway, the proprietor of Hidden Harbour is April. Last I spoke with her, she said she would be taking the Bistro when Richard left. Like Cheryl at Four Winds, April is a good fit for the marina and her food is awesome!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Wife and I were looking for breakfast Saturday AM. Tried that, but they were on vacation.

I had dinner there Saturday evening, and breakfast there Sunday morning. :shrug: I think they shut down for the season in 2 weeks.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
well i guess i'll have to run down there and get one last meal and ask about them moving to the brick building. I always thought it would be great to have a BREW PUB downstairs, nice concrete patio, watch the boats go by.... Maybe i'll suggest that!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
well i guess i'll have to run down there and get one last meal and ask about them moving to the brick building. I always thought it would be great to have a BREW PUB downstairs, nice concrete patio, watch the boats go by.... Maybe i'll suggest that!
Downstairs is the fitness center for the housing development, already finished and being used.... so, no brew pub ...sorry.

But if I were to recommend a place to get breakfast, it would have to be at The Rockfish on the island. OMG, the portion size is immense and tasty, and an unbelievably-disconnected-from-the-size-of-the-meal low price. All fresh ingredients. The omelet is huge, the toast is huge, the serving of home potatoes with onions and is huge. One is hard pressed to finish it. Just try it once. Every time I've gone it's been the same. Wonderful.

Hank

my war
If I may ...Downstairs is the fitness center for the housing development, already finished and being used.... so, no brew pub ...sorry.

But if I were to recommend a place to get breakfast, it would have to be at The Rockfish on the island. OMG, the portion size is immense and tasty, and an unbelievably-disconnected-from-the-size-of-the-meal low price. All fresh ingredients. The omelet is huge, the toast is huge, the serving of home potatoes with onions and is huge. One is hard pressed to finish it. Just try it once. Every time I've gone it's been the same. Wonderful.

Striped Rock?

Hank

my war
If I may ...Well I am a silly one. The Striped Rock does seem to ring a bell. Ha. There is a big rockfish painted on the sign though. Rock or Striped, the breakfast is a guaranteed winner.

If I may....

A Striped Rock is a Rockfish, hence the word "rock"....but the restaurant is called The Striped Rock.

frequentflier

happy to be living
If I may ...Downstairs is the fitness center for the housing development, already finished and being used.... so, no brew pub ...sorry.

It is my understanding the Striped Rock owners had a buyer and were closing this month (Nov 2015) . Though I did not hear it from the owners, One of their employees brought back all the doggie menu items I provided them with; back to me.
Another business on the island recently told me the sale deal fell through so I don't know if they are open or closed or will continue to do business. The owners never did and still have not communicated to me their intentions and considering I was providing part of their menu for the outdoor seating areas and have a lot of money tied up in doing so, I think it is lousy!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
It is my understanding the Striped Rock owners had a buyer and were closing this month (Nov 2015) . Though I did not hear it from the owners, One of their employees brought back all the doggie menu items I provided them with; back to me. Another business on the island recently told me the sale deal fell through so I don't know if they are open or closed or will continue to do business. The owners never did and still have not communicated to me their intentions and considering I was providing part of their menu for the outdoor seating areas and have a lot of money tied up in doing so, I think it is lousy!
A while back, about four months ago, the owner placed an ad on Craigslist with a price of $250,000. Then it disappeared when I replied to find out what that price included. Then one day I actually had a chance to speak to him about the ad. Seems that the winter really set The Striped Rock's business back. (Well doesn't it always for every business on the island?) The price was only for the restaurant business and not the real estate or equipment, that is owned by someone else. The breakfast is the bomb though. Going to miss it. Oh, and I have tried lunch/dinner, but way too expensive for what is served, however tasty those caramelized brussel sprouts were.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A Striped Rock is a Rockfish, .

No, it's not. Worst restaurant name EVER and it irritates me every time I see it. They could have gotten away with that somewhere where people didn't know any better, so you can tell the owners aren't local.

Anyway, if all they're selling is their name and reputation, nobody with any brains will buy it. They haven't been around long enough to generate real loyalty and a name brand.

Hank

my war
No, it's not. Worst restaurant name EVER and it irritates me every time I see it. They could have gotten away with that somewhere where people didn't know any better, so you can tell the owners aren't local.

Anyway, if all they're selling is their name and reputation, nobody with any brains will buy it. They haven't been around long enough to generate real loyalty and a name brand.

Well, technically it's called a striped bass, right? A striped bass is a rockfish.