Back Creek Bistro Closing

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
This is such a weird area for restaurants. Higher end military - it's not like Pax is a basic training camp - and government, who've been all over and are presumably a bit more sophisticated than average, educated, making good money....yet unremarkable restaurants like Applebee's have a line out the door waiting to get in and Back Creek Bistro is empty.

I don't understand this.

Examine your restaurant habits and please tell me why you prefer chain restaurants over locally owned ones. That question has baffled me forever. I'm not going to judge you, I promise. I'm really interested in this phenomenon.

I'd say the middle class population (enlisted military, civil service and contractors) far out numbers the higher end.

Went to the Back Creek Bistro several times, good food and atmosphere but hard a hard time finding it the first time. Might have gone back more often but never thought of it or heard anyone else saying something to remind me of it so advertising would be a big deal.

I only go to about 2 or 3 places, Outback, Longhorn, Clarke's Landing. They're close to home and pretty consistent with food quality.

What, where is this Jerry's everyone talks about? They must not advertise either. :shrug:

Hank

my war
I'd say the middle class population (enlisted military, civil service and contractors) far out numbers the higher end.

Went to the Back Creek Bistro several times, good food and atmosphere but hard a hard time finding it the first time. Might have gone back more often but never thought of it or heard anyone else saying something to remind me of it so advertising would be a big deal.

I only go to about 2 or 3 places, Outback, Longhorn, Clarke's Landing. They're close to home and pretty consistent with food quality.

What, where is this Jerry's everyone talks about? They must not advertise either. :shrug:

http://www.jerrys-place.com/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Looks like I would enjoy it but for the location.

This is a real question, not meant to be combative or bust on you:

Why wouldn't you drive for a great meal?

I ask because it's nothing for us to drive to Annapolis or Waldorf or wherever because we want to eat at a certain restaurant. There's nothing terribly interesting right on top of us, so going on a 20 minute (or 1 hour) drive to get what we want isn't all that big a deal.

So for not just you but everyone who cares to answer, how far is too far to go for dinner?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I ask because it's nothing for us to drive to Annapolis or Waldorf or wherever because we want to eat at a certain restaurant. There's nothing terribly interesting right on top of us, so going on a 20 minute (or 1 hour) drive to get what we want isn't all that big a deal.

So for not just you but everyone who cares to answer, how far is too far to go for dinner?

I've driven all the way from Piney Point to eat at the Longhorn in California. Twice. But normally the drive to Tall Timbers is about all I'm up for.

Hank

my war

I frequent Baltimore & Annapolis for dinners, sometimes DC. I'm not glued to the county. Life would be boring.

This is where I went last week in Charm City.... Highly recommend! http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/

La Plata is 45 minutes for me and I still go there as well.

Last edited:

bulldog

If my wife agrees to take the bike, I'm willing to go much further for a meal or anything else. In the car, I'm not going more than about an hour unless it's a family thing and I kinda, sorta have to.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Honestly, leaving my house is too far. :lol:

Do we have some other function or event or activity that is taking us to that area? If I am already "up the road" or out of the area, then sure I'll eat out of the county. Otherwise, my free time is very valuable and not worth spending hours in the car, which for me can become extremely painful, to just go eat one meal.

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
Honestly, leaving my house is too far. :lol:

Do we have some other function or event or activity that is taking us to that area? If I am already "up the road" or out of the area, then sure I'll eat out of the county. Otherwise, my free time is very valuable and not worth spending hours in the car to just go eat one meal.

What she said :shrug: I'll stay local vs. driving any amount of time just to eat. If I'm in Baltimore or Annapolis or coming back home, no telling where I might stop

glhs837

Power with Control
We genrally wont go th Waldorf or Prince Frederick to eat. Fiesta to the north and Ruddy to the east is about as far we will go.