Bad Drivers

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I admit I am a speeder, and drive too fast, but even though the speed limit is 55, it won't hurt you, and is still within the law in Maryland to do 60, so why not speed it up at least to that?:patriot:

:confused:

60 ain't legal when 55 is the posted limit.
56 in a 55 is a 1 point offense.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I have a close to 1 hour commute to work in the mornings, I go all the way up 234, from 5 in Leonardtown to 301, and I have to admit, there is nothing I hate worse than getting behind people that I can't get around that insist on doing the speed limit or slower, and stay in front of me all the way up. For the most part 234 is a straight shot, with the only exceptions being the flashing light in Clements and the roundabout in Chaptico, and there also USUALLY isn't many if any cops on 234, so why not speed it up a little? I admit I am a speeder, and drive too fast, but even though the speed limit is 55, it won't hurt you, and is still within the law in Maryland to do 60, so why not speed it up at least to that?:patriot:

I agree with you as far as driving a comfortable speed but it is not the law in Maryland that you can do 60 in a 55 zone.

glhs837

Power with Control
Fastest production car in its class on the market, dont know if it's the baddest though. Yea, part the sea's if that floats your boat; I was posting inline with others in front of me. D.A.

Sorry, I think I'm going to have to take exception to this. I cannot think of any Mazda 3 thats been fastest production car in its class for a few years at least, maybe as far back as 2002?

Ah, I see, that's fastest around the Nurburgring, I get it now. Lots of ways to define "fastest". Respectable time, too.

MDChick

Ok, I've got his tag number, & won't post it - but to the guy with salt & pepper hair, sunglasses, driving a dark green Mazda Miata with the top down out Gate 1 this evening around 1836 - You drive like a dick.

:smack:

You were obviously in a hurry to get somewhere, as you changed lanes 5 times between the IPT Bldg. on Buse Rd. & the light at Rt. 235 in order to get ahead of everyone.

Too bad everyone on base was going the speed limit & irritated you. It really seemed to peeve you that the light was red too.

Once on Rt. 235 heading North, you again wove your way through traffic, changing lanes at least another 6 times up to Chancellors Run Rd.

I had to exit the freeway at that time, but can imagine the bad, aggressive, impatient driving continued until you got to your destination.

This wasn't an isolated incident. When I used to leave around that time, I'd see this asshat on a very regular basis. One of the most inconsiderate drivers I've seen around here, a complete d-bag. In addition to the speeding and cutting people off, I've seen him drive his homomobile up the turn lanes on 235 just to cut back in just before the lights. Another favorite maneuver is to by-pass all the traffic waiting to turn right onto rt 4 and cut in at the very front or turn at the intersection skipping the turn lane completely.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
This wasn't an isolated incident. When I used to leave around that time, I'd see this asshat on a very regular basis. One of the most inconsiderate drivers I've seen around here, a complete d-bag. In addition to the speeding and cutting people off, I've seen him drive his homomobile up the turn lanes on 235 just to cut back in just before the lights. Another favorite maneuver is to by-pass all the traffic waiting to turn right onto rt 4 and cut in at the very front or turn at the intersection skipping the turn lane completely.

:killingme

He's not the only one I've seen do that. Really screws up the traffic pattern....

BUT, I'll bet it's not illegal, but it should be.

cashncarry

The butt head wants a picture of his demolished car and a sheet over his body laying on the side of the road.

tomtom

I agree with you as far as driving a comfortable speed but it is not the law in Maryland that you can do 60 in a 55 zone.

Okay, I could very well be wrong on that, I'm not completely sure, just I have always heard that Maryland allows 5 over the limit.

Okay, I could very well be wrong on that, I'm not completely sure, just I have always heard that Maryland allows 5 over the limit.

An officer CAN pull you over for 1 mph over the limit and give you a ticket. If they did, they'd have a bunch of unhappy drivers. They CHOOSE to be lenient and LET YOU get away with a few miles over the limit to keep the peace. It has nothing to do with Maryland law. Officer's discretion.

If they have had a bad day, they could be less lenient.

Last edited:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

He's obviously trying to compensate for 'something' lacking in his life....:whistle:

Seriously though, he's either going to get killed, or kill someone else driving like that.

C

citizen_fear

This might be grasping but I thought when you see a speed limit sign that means that during normal driving conditions that would be a safe speed for all drivers. If the speed limit is 55 and traffic (not a single car) is moving along at 65 then the police will let it as it is not a danger to other motorist.
I thought if you seen a speed limit sign that was a definate limit it would say "MAXIMUM SPEED" and everything over that is a ticket. Anyone else hear that there is a difference in the interpretation of the speed limit sign when it reads "MAXIMUM SPEED" ?

T

toppick08

This might be grasping but I thought when you see a speed limit sign that means that during normal driving conditions that would be a safe speed for all drivers. If the speed limit is 55 and traffic (not a single car) is moving along at 65 then the police will let it as it is not a danger to other motorist.
I thought if you seen a speed limit sign that was a definate limit it would say "MAXIMUM SPEED" and everything over that is a ticket. Anyone else hear that there is a difference in the interpretation of the speed limit sign when it reads "MAXIMUM SPEED" ?

Depends on what you can get away with.

treehugger

Can people please look out for motorcyclists???

I've been riding for a few years now and it never ceases to amaze me the lack of common courtesy for people on 2 wheels. Yeah I know there are some idiot riders out there who like to drive 120mph, weave and pop wheelies (believe me they will hit pavement eventually!)

But please look out for the cautious riders out there! There is a reason we leave extra space in between the car in front of us....so we can slow down without stopping. Stop cutting in front of us you idiots!! Maybe next time I'll just ram into the back of your car and your insurance can pay my salary for the next few months!

treehugger

:lol: Don't think it works like that when you rearend a car

I just have to give them a little tap that's all.....I've always wanted to mount a baseball bat on my bike so I can tap on someone's window when they cut me off..... but my road rage would take over eventually and I'd be in jail! LOL