Bad economy

C

CalvertNewbie

:yeahthat: :roflmao:

My dad used to stock the freezer up with the $0.39 cheeseburger specials at McDonalds. Hamburger Helper was a gourmet meal. :roflmao:

That's funny! :lmao: But I may have you beat on this one. I can remember going over my Aunt and Uncle's house as a kid to hang out with my cousins. It always seemed that there was an abundance of Top Ramon Noodles in the pantry and that's what us kids would have for lunch or dinner. Yet my Uncle would eat steak, crab cakes, etc. No wonder my Aunt finally divorced his cheap azz! :lmao:

AndyMarquisLIVE

It all starts somewhere. So because they'll see it somewhere else, it's okay to let them watch it on TV?

In this day and age, you're not going to avoid it. Parents have to step up and be parents. :jet:

Go ahead and block TV from your child, but they'll get it somewhere.

:gossip: FOX Television Network is just as bad as the cable networks (TNT, FX, TBS, etc.) if not worse.

T

toppick08

I just did some quick calcs for fuel cost for an upcoming vacation. My truck gets 20mpg on the highway, and the trip I'm taking in July is 350 miles one way. At $3.00/g, that's $105 round-trip. At $4.00/gal, that's $140 round-trip. I am certainly not going to change my plans or budget for an extra $35 in fuel. That's not even dinner for two.

Got a K & N filter........:whistle:

sockgirl77

In this day and age, you're not going to avoid it. Parents have to step up and be parents. :jet:

Go ahead and block TV from your child, but they'll get it somewhere.

:gossip: FOX Television Network is just as bad as the cable networks (TNT, FX, TBS, etc.) if not worse.

Do me a favor, post about this when you actually become a parent. Thank you.

AndyMarquisLIVE

My daughter doesn't watch MTV, but she can quote Monty Python. :lmao:

But, but MTV's an ethical family network. They banned a Vanessa Carlton song for "suggestive lyrics," so they're obviously an ethical network. :yay:

:rolleyes:

Then you see some of the crap they do have on there. "Suggestive lyrics." It doesn't get any more suggestive than the crap music videos MTV and BET air. :duh:

sockgirl77

The subject came up in regards to flip flops and my oldest said boys don't wear those. I said not the thong kind the ones with the band across the top and my youngest who was just listening in says "Yeah, those would be called thongs".

:eyebrow:

I couldn't find my voice for a second, too many thoughts running through my head. :lol: But, the oldest one, quick, asked him how did he know what thongs were and that's when we discovered his classmate wears them, and all of the different colors. :faint:

And I bet the girl's mom thinks it's cute. Probably a young mom. I've seen so many young moms that think it is cute to dress their little girls just like their hoochie mommy. :rolleyes:

sockgirl77

I'll say the same damn thing he did. Even kids cartoons are bad influences.

Which is exactly why you do not let them watch the bad influences. There are plenty of things on TV for a kid to watch that do not involve violence or sex. I rarely watched TV as a kid. I played outside.

Cowgirl

Which is exactly why you do not let them watch the bad influences. There are plenty of things on TV for a kid to watch that do not involve violence or sex. I rarely watched TV as a kid. I played outside.

We don't let them watch much tv anyways. Seriously, they might watch 20 minutes or less a day. Their mother uses the TV as a babysitter (which, IMO, is so freakin lazy), so we limit it in our house.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Mine didn't learn from TV or magazines but school.

All I ever watched on TV was TNN, NASCAR and cable news. Guess what? I still learned about pot, I still heard every sexual term they had around, and I was still exposed to all this crap.

It's amazing how some people think getting rid of TV will fix all the problems and they'll never have to worry about their kids becoming "bad teenagers." :lmao:

T

toppick08

We don't let them watch much tv anyways. Seriously, they might watch 20 minutes or less a day. Their mother uses the TV as a babysitter (which, IMO, is so freakin lazy), so we limit it in our house.

:offtopic: