Bake the cake

This_person

it does in a couple of states, but NOT Nationally .... case in point - Oregon as a business owner YOU must bake a cake for a queer for any reason [protected class like women and Brown people]

Interesting to see if they'd force a Muslim baker to decorate a cake with a picture of a Koran in a toilet covered in feces. I've never wanted (nor ever will want) such a cake, but I wonder what they'd do.

Wishbone

Interesting to see if they'd force a Muslim baker to decorate a cake with a picture of a Koran in a toilet covered in feces. I've never wanted (nor ever will want) such a cake, but I wonder what they'd do.

Gotta find a way to trick one of the SJWs into thinking the muslim business is a christian business.

This_person

Or just for a gay couple...

things.jpg

Sapidus

Probably under your other MPDs.

At least the orange references.

Yeah, I have multiple accounts and names on hear just to annoy a bunch of bunch of people who's votes don't matter. Or wait does Soros pay me to make all these accounts?

You guys are so paranoid but then when it comes to Russia it's nothing to see here

This_person

Of course the people who cancelled their concerts in N Carolina had the right to do that since N Carolina was printing hate and bigotry. You don't know if Springsteen or other faced financial penalties in regards to breaking their contract and perhaps they did and they deemed fighting for people who are being discriminate against as a worthy reason to lose some money.

So, what you're saying is if you don't agree with something, it's ok not to work with the people that agree with the thing.....................

You ready to admit you're wrong yet? Or, are you ready to admit that you were poorly informed and that you are now better informed?

Wishbone

Yeah, I have multiple accounts and names on hear just to annoy a bunch of bunch of people who's votes don't matter. Or wait does Soros pay me to make all these accounts?

You guys are so paranoid but then when it comes to Russia it's nothing to see here

Deny. Obfuscate.

:lmao:

Oh, and the word it spelled "here" not "hear"

Sapidus

You ready to admit you're wrong yet? Or, are you ready to admit that you were poorly informed and that you are now better informed?

NO because again you don't understand how to make an analogy.

Springsteen had a contract and decide he was willing to take a financial penalty to stand up for his beliefs and break that contract.

Your bakers refuse to acknowledge that what they are doing is wrong and facing any penalty.

Just stop making analogies. You are not good at it.

This_person

NO because again you don't understand how to make an analogy.

Springsteen had a contract and decide he was willing to take a financial penalty to stand up for his beliefs and break that contract.

Your bakers refuse to acknowledge that what they are doing is wrong and facing any penalty.

Just stop making analogies. You are not good at it.

So, it would have been better for the bakers to FIRST have said they WOULD bake the cake, and then take the financial hit of not getting the profit and exposure from that job? Is what you're saying the real problem is just that the bakers were up front and honest from the beginning?

Because, that's what Springsteen and Moore and so many others did. "You want me to work there? Yeah, sure, sounds great." time goes by "Oh, wait, some people there did things I don't like, so I'm NOT going to bake your cake - er, I mean, sing your songs anymore!!! It's against my beliefs to support your beliefs, so I'm not gonna do that."

Yeah, I see how that's a problem

for you.

This_person

Not at all. What he said makes perfect sense, even if you don't agree with his stance, because he was clear and concise. It is 'nothing' to you, either because it makes sense and you're unable to process common sense mentally or it just wasn't what you wanted to hear.
Or both.

:notworthy

If you can't cite the law that says this, and you can't because it doesn't exist , then STFU.

Now you've gone and given him TWO things he clearly can't do.

Sapidus

So, it would have been better for the bakers to FIRST have said they WOULD bake the cake, and then take the financial hit of not getting the profit and exposure from that job? Is what you're saying the real problem is just that the bakers were up front and honest from the beginning?

Because, that's what Springsteen and Moore and so many others did. "You want me to work there? Yeah, sure, sounds great." time goes by "Oh, wait, some people there did things I don't like, so I'm NOT going to bake your cake - er, I mean, sing your songs anymore!!! It's against my beliefs to support your beliefs, so I'm not gonna do that."

Yeah, I see how that's a problem

Again with the analogies?

The baker contracted with the government when they received their license. They never contracted with the customers. They had to follow the rules of the state they were in which they did not. If these bakers said "i'm sorry" I will pay a fine but i am not performing that would be a possible solution unless the state decided to revoke their license.

Springsteen contracted with the venue. Springsteen took a financial loss by pulling out of the concert as a penalty for not performing. Not that he didn't receive his fee. He most likely had to actually pay a penalty. He decided it was worth it to stand up against discrimination.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yo Gil .... is your 'business license' a contract with MD State Gov ? the FEDS ??

Neither. Absolutely nothing "contractual" about it. The contractual requirements flow down only through actual contracts, when/if signed. We quite often refuse to bid on Fed contracts when asked to; too much BS for too little profit. So we "discriminate" against the Feds..LOL.

There are certainly laws on the books that require us to be an Equal Opportunity employer...define how we must designate and pay employees (exempt, non-exempt)....Workmen's Comp insurance and accident reporting, etc. It all fits on the shiny poster we are required to display in the office; it's in the mess area. Sappy knows nothing about any of that; Sappy knows nothing about privately owned businesses. There is not one word on that poster that says anything about who we do, or don't, decide to do business with.

Last edited: