Bake the cake

Wishbone

They shouldn't be condemned to make if for the same reason they shouldn't have to make this one if I ordered it!

68c11a14b2acba8693c064d7337c0ae1.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Many wedding cakes these days don't have the traditional male and female toppers anyway so if that is really the issue I think it would be easily solved.

Awesome! Let us know where your bakery is once you get it up and running. :yay:

black dog

Free America
Many wedding cakes these days don't have the traditional male and female toppers anyway so if that is really the issue I think it would be easily solved.

My point is is that nothing is different for the baker in terms of the product they produce every day. The only difference is who they sell it to which is discriminaton.

Also why don't these religious bakers ask straight people if it's there first marriage? And refuse to bake a cake if they have been divorce? Or if they wear mixed fibers? Or allow a woman to make decisions for the family? Why do they only focus on homosexuality?

Well let's break this down, my youngest sister is gay.
Her wedding a few years ago didn't have a cake topper of two women kissing.
It had two brides, they had to buy two sets to get two women.
Is that discrimination also?
No one was offended, and we are a very Conservative Family.
It's when a customer that's living a incompatible lifestyle along with a person that's running a private business conflict..
To me it's like the no shirt,no shoes, no service.. if you don't like my business plan feel free to shop elsewhere..

I went to a gun show last weekend to buy some rifle bullets for reloading, I wanted white bullets but the bullet company only makes them in black...
I would guess with some folks world's that's racist too.

Last edited:

Sapidus

are you implying

It's when a customer that's living a incompatible lifestyle along with a person that's running a private business conflict..
To me it's like the no shirt,no shoes, no service.. if you don't like my business plan feel free to shop elsewhere..

I went to a gun show last weekend to buy some rifle bullets for reloading, I wanted white bullets but the bullet company only makes them in black...

No.neither example is discrimination and I suspect you are smart enough to know that.

That'sexactly the problem. Being religious doesn't elevate your rights over others. So conversely you could argue it's the proprietors lifestyle that is not compatible with the publics and therefore the problem lies with the proprietor not the customer.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
And 75 years ago people laughed at black people or people with mental disabilities or Jews or polish people. Is that really where you wanna go back to?

And for the millionth time of you job is baking cakes you aren't doing anything different baking a cake for a gay person or straight person or a black person.

If they asked you too officiate the wedding I can see why you would have an objection but by doing the same thing you do every day and absolutely nothing different you aren't encouraging homosexuality.

What if your cakes got popular and you started supplying them to grocery stores. Would you ask the grocery store to ask every customer if they were gay?

As a matter of fact yes. It's not so much the people, a couple of my kids friends are gay and they're great kids. Asfar as blacks go, my best friend is black as is my other wife (ongoing story). It's the fact that the government is failing the constitution by forcing acceptance of someone that you don't want. The first amendment has for years been interpreted as covering the freedom of association, the government is saying "we don't care, you will accept who we tell you to accept". If a business owner feels strongly enough about something that they're willing to restrict their customer base that should be their right, so says the constitution.

In no way does what I've said above apply to anyone in the government, they are restricted by different rules. If you want to work for the government, federal, state, or local, you'd better be scrupulously fair to each and every person who comes in your office or you will be canned.

hotbikermama40

No.neither example is discrimination and I suspect you are smart enough to know that.

That'sexactly the problem. Being religious doesn't elevate your rights over others. So conversely you could argue it's the proprietors lifestyle that is not compatible with the publics and therefore the problem lies with the proprietor not the customer.

The proprietor's lifestyle isn't a problem just because it doesn't align with the customer. And no one is suggesting religious beliefs elevate a person's rights.
The couple who is gay has the right to choose that lifestyle. Their rights are likewise not elevated over the bakery owner's rights to deny service.

black dog

Free America

Where is it written that racism is only with people... Exspecially black and gay people?
Where is it written that we can't tease, joke about and mock other lifestyles???
You wouldn't do well in one of our family's after dinner conversations.
If you want to add some spice to a conversation just add two conservative lesbians to it, and one of them has kids and was strait? at one time.

But it works both ways, the customer doesn't have extra rights..
As a business owner I should be the only factor with who I sell my wares to.

Is it racist that a Blackman that lives the strait live during the week and on the weekend lives the downlow lifestyle and openly dislikes gays?

Sapidus

The proprietor's lifestyle isn't a problem just because it doesn't align with the customer. And no one is suggesting religious beliefs elevate a person's rights.
The couple who is gay has the right to choose that lifestyle. Their rights are likewise not elevated over the bakery owner's rights to deny service.

Take your first sentence and reverse it and you will see exactly my argument. So why just because one is a customer is okay to discriminate against them but if they are the proprietor are they beyond reproach?

Gay people don't choose to be gay. They are born that way. It's the exact same as asking a straight person to not act on their heterosexuality. Religious people actively do choose to be religious.

Sapidus

are you implying

Where is it written that racism is only with people... Exspecially black and gay people?
Where is it written that we can't tease, joke about and mock other lifestyles???
You wouldn't do well in one of our family's after dinner conversations.
If you want to add some spice to a conversation just add two conservative lesbians to it, and one of them has kids and was strait? at one time.

But it works both ways, the customer doesn't have extra rights..
As a business owner I should be the only factor with who I sell my wares to.

Is it racist that a Blackman that lives the strait live during the week and on the weekend lives the downlow lifestyle and openly dislikes gays?

I am the first one to crack a joke when I'm around people that I know can take it and understand it is actually a joke. But when people who want to legally discriminate against gay people or black people or treat them differently make the same jokes it has a different connotation to it