Bake the cake

Sapidus

You're talking to one of Barrys disciples that truly believe in the "You didn't build that!" mantra.

You do realize that if the government gets in the business of telling business's it is okay to discriminate it is only a matter of time before a
Court will side with a Muslim shop owner and your fears of Sharia law gripping America will start to come true.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You do realize that if the government gets in the business of telling .

That's backwards. The government should not be "telling" anyone anything. The government should stick to the very narrow set of tasks assigned it in the Constitution and keep it's grubby mitts out of everything else.

hotbikermama40

Take your first sentence and reverse it and you will see exactly my argument. So why just because one is a customer is okay to discriminate against them but if they are the proprietor are they beyond reproach?

Gay people don't choose to be gay. They are born that way. It's the exact same as asking a straight person to not act on their heterosexuality. Religious people actively do choose to be religious.

I didn't say they chose to be gay. I said they chose their lifestyle. I chose to live a heterosexual lifestyle. I also chose to put my faith in religion. I chose, as does most every person, to live my life the way I want to and there are times when one of my choices doesn't work with a privately owned business, or some other establishment . For example, I don't crack a beer open while in church. I don't bring up theological discourse with my clients or colleagues at work. I have never felt discriminated against,. I simply respect the fact that if it's someone else's 'house', I need to follow their rules.

black dog

Free America
I am the first one to crack a joke when I'm around people that I know can take it and understand it is actually a joke. But when people who want to legally discriminate against gay people or black people or treat them differently make the same jokes it has a different connotation to it

Personally I could care less if they can take it, if a couple rolls out in public still wearing pajamas and slippers along with silly hair colors and rainbow flag shirts on..
It's game on..... Don't constantly flaunt your lifestyles and push me to constantly to change my opinions and beliefs on your behalf. And then run to a safe room when your tender rock throwing, glass house feelings are hurt..

Sapidus

I didn't say they chose to be gay. I said they chose their lifestyle. I chose to live a heterosexual lifestyle. I also chose to put my faith in religion. I chose, as does most every person, to live my life the way I want to and there are times when one of my choices doesn't work with a privately owned business, or some other establishment . For example, I don't crack a beer open while in church. I don't bring up theological discourse with my clients or colleagues at work. I have never felt discriminated against,. I simply respect the fact that if it's someone else's 'house', I need to follow their rules.

That's great and that's what most civilized people do.

However the issue is discrimination and when people are still being beaten and killed , denied their civil rights, kept from visiting loved ones in hospitals or jails then it becomes an issue.

And just because your religion tells you the devil is forcing them to live a homosexual lifestyle doesn't mean it's true or that that should have any bearing on them

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Don't constantly flaunt your lifestyles and push me to constantly to change my opinions and beliefs on your behalf.

:yeahthat:

they want left alone to 'be gay' but flaunt it at every turn

However the issue is discrimination and when people are still being beaten and killed

better talk to your Islamic buddies about this one ...

..... denied their civil rights

no one has a right to a cake ....

kept from visiting loved ones in hospitals or jails then it becomes an issue.

its a families choice who gets to see their son / daughter in a hospital ..... not the unmarried partner they have been shacked up with

Where do you come up with this sh!t?

IKR - the Devil cannot FORCE anyone to do anything .....
.... one may be led to do evil acts, but no one is forced

It is Called Free Will ... free to chose or not to choose

just shows how little sappy knows

Don't take the train off the tracks...

but that's what they do

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
That's great and that's what most civilized people do.

However the issue is discrimination and when people are still being beaten and killed , denied their civil rights, kept from visiting loved ones in hospitals or jails then it becomes an issue.

And just because your religion tells you the devil is forcing them to live a homosexual lifestyle doesn't mean it's true or that that should have any bearing on them

We are talking about baking a ####ing cake and supposed discrimination by businesses. Don't take the train off the tracks...

Sapidus

The first amendment protects all religions equally so just remember every time the government allows you to discriminate you those scary Muslims are going to get similar rights.

Why is so hard to just think "hmm. God made these people so maybe I should just accord them and love them. Maybe that is the ultimate test"

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You do realize that if the government gets in the business of telling business's it is okay to discriminate it is only a matter of time before a
Court will side with a Muslim shop owner and your fears of Sharia law gripping America will start to come true.

That's stretching a point to ridiculousness, not going to happen and you thinking its a possibility says a lot about your thinking.

black dog

Free America
Why is so hard to just think "hmm. God made these people so maybe I should just accord them and love them. Maybe that is the ultimate test"

Spoken like a man that lives the lifestyle of having a poopy dick and sucked the cream out of a bunch of cannolis.

hotbikermama40

The first amendment protects all religions equally so just remember every time the government allows you to discriminate you those scary Muslims are going to get similar rights.

You need to quit bringing the government into this argument. If the bakery follows his denial of services with a world class a$$ whoop down, then we have a problem. But him not accepting, welcoming or otherwise inviting the patronage of a gay couple is not a violation of the couple's civil rights.

Sapidus

The government has gotten involved repeatedly in these situations and the owners or bakers have repeatedly been found in the wrong in court. I'm not the one bringing the government into it.