Banana Peppers with black marks

Vince said:
Black widows are very common around here. Place I used to work had pump houses and they always had black widows in them. Had to have them sprayed down a few times a year.

When I was little, my parents turned over one of their metal trash cans (remember those?) and on the bottom there was a female in the middle of killing the male. It was an interesting sight! I also found one in my room one time when I was younger. :jameo:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Are there mole crickets up here? I've noticed small holes in the bare part of my yard similar to those that mole crickets make. I've never known them to be this far north though. At first I didn't know what it could be and then I saw a HUGE cricket (or at least what I thought was a cricket crawling through the grass). I had absolutely no intention of picking said critter up to verify what exactly it was. I HATE a bug. I also have those tiny little red/orange bugs that hop on you and bite you. I HATE those things.

pixiegirl said:
I also have those tiny little red/orange bugs that hop on you and bite you. I HATE those things.

I can't STAND those bugs. I have no idea what they're called, but they drive me crazy. I was bringing groceries into the house the other day, so my hands were both full of bags. One crawled up my capris and was biting my leg, and several were biting my arms and one was crawling on my glasses.

For such tiny bugs, they sure have a powerful bite!

D

dems4me

Speedy70 said:
I can't STAND those bugs. I have no idea what they're called, but they drive me crazy. I was bringing groceries into the house the other day, so my hands were both full of bags. One crawled up my capris and was biting my leg, and several were biting my arms and one was crawling on my glasses.

For such tiny bugs, they sure have a powerful bite!

I thought those were rose mites or something. :shrug: I had a rosebush growing up that they used to congregate on.

BTW, I'm not having much luck finding a picture of that spider. I'll try to draw it out on artpad :faint:

D

dems4me

Just a quick stab at this... this is sort of what it looked like.
http://artpad.art.com/?jjub98of588 It was about half red and half black on its back. I don't think I put enough black on ... i

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dems4me

Sharon said:

Yes :clap: First pictures looks ALOT like it!! :clap: Redbacks are only in Austrailia. This one is better. Second picture is too hairy and the first body part in front of abdoman is too big. First one looks alot like it, just needs a tad more red. But that is the jist of it. Black spider, red on the back. :huggy: :clap: Thanks!! :flowers:

dems4me said:
I was worried about putting chemicals down because it's well water. :shrug: Ive been trying to think of something homeopathic or organic - something natural that would kill bugs.
Are you on a shallow well?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Attachments

• wheelbug.jpg
    wheelbug.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 49