Banana Peppers with black marks

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
dems4me said:
I think that's it!!! :clap: I must have mistook the antenna's for legs!!! :clap: That's the closest resemblance I've seen yet!!! :clap: Are they bad in gardens?

I don't know about in gardens but they have a bite similar to a bee sting. My mom thought I was crazy for not letting the rats play with one (biggest rat will pick up ANY bug) until I found out what it was.... Finds out I'm not a horrible mother and he shouldn't be playing with it.

pixiegirl said:
I don't know about in gardens but they have a bite similar to a bee sting. My mom thought I was crazy for not letting the rats play with one (biggest rat will pick up ANY bug) until I found out what it was.... Finds out I'm not a horrible mother and he shouldn't be playing with it.

I was just reading about them that they also spray out an odor similar to a stink bug when they feel threatened. I think I've seen them before, but it was a mature one and was grey in color. I thought it was an ugly stink bug. :lol:

pixiegirl said:
Bad bite, I can vouch for that! They are also very agressive and not afraid to attack you.http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ages?q=assassin+bug&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G
Wrong one, try this one.http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ug&start=20&gbv=2&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=N

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
dems4me said:
How are they mean? :shrug: Should I keep them around or kill them?

They watch you. :lmao: Actually, they're good bugs..they kill other bugs. It is called the "assassin." Just don't let it bite you.

D

dems4me

cattitude said:
They watch you. :lmao: Actually, they're good bugs..they kill other bugs. It is called the "assassin." Just don't let it bite you.

Will do, I figured I was okay working around it as long as its not the kind that shoots stuff into your eyes. :lol: Apparently I didn't disturb it at all because it wasn't afraid and didn't let off any smell. :yay:

Speedy70 said:
I was just reading about them that they also spray out an odor similar to a stink bug when they feel threatened. I think I've seen them before, but it was a mature one and was grey in color. I thought it was an ugly stink bug. :lol:
The one that got me was brownish. I had noticed him just perched on my screen porch for a couple of days. Then one day I walked past and wham! He jumped on my neck and tried to suck my bodily fluids out. It didn't hurt a whole lot at the time, but then it swelled up and itched, burned and stung for about a week. I couldn't believe the audacity of that little sucker.

desertrat said:
The one that got me was brownish. I had noticed him just perched on my screen porch for a couple of days. Then one day I walked past and wham! He jumped on my neck and tried to suck my bodily fluids out. It didn't hurt a whole lot at the time, but then it swelled up and itched, burned and stung for about a week. I couldn't believe the audacity of that little sucker.

That made me :twitch:.

D

dems4me

desertrat said:

I just read this... "Such a bite has been described as `much more powerful than a hornet or wasp sting'. Injury from a wheel bug bite takes about 10 days to heal and leaves a small scar." :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
:clap:

What's that green stuff splattered on the side? :eyebrow:

Grass. I thought the icon I clicked was for a really fat brush, but apparently it was a paint bucket. :lol: While I'm at it, I'll try to draw a picture of the brown and black skid mark looking stuff I have on my peppers. It really sucks not having a camera with me at work. :lol: