BeaverDam Pet Food

PrepH4U

I believe the reason that corn is listed as a no no on some sites is. It is used as a cheap filler for the cheap foods. That filler has absolutely no nutrition for dogs.
If I had to choose between a food with a little corn and no preservatives or a grocery store food. I would choose the lesser of two evils, the one with a little corn and no perservatives and human grade meat. It looks like that beaverdam is still better than grocery store choices.
Not my feeding choice but still better than some.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
PrepH4U said:
I believe the reason that corn is listed as a no no on some sites is. It is used as a cheap filler for the cheap foods. That filler has absolutely no nutrition for dogs.
If I had to choose between a food with a little corn and no preservatives or a grocery store food. I would choose the lesser of two evils, the one with a little corn and no perservatives and human grade meat. It looks like that beaverdam is still better than grocery store choices.
Not my feeding choice but still better than some.

I totally agree.

I've also searched and can't find ANYTHING that says that corn is a natural part of a coyote's diet....

Ponytail

pixiegirl said:
She's very good about NOT going in the house... Well unless she's mad at you. She's a vindictive pee'er and crapper. :lmao:

I was thinking more of the flatulance factor. My dog made my eyes water Sunday morning...was bad enough that it woke me out of a dead sleep. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ponytail said:
I was thinking more of the flatulance factor. My dog made my eyes water Sunday morning...was bad enough that it woke me out of a dead sleep. :lol:

Feed her 2 tbsp. plain, non-fat yogurt with her breakfast.

Ponytail

cattitude said:
Feed her 2 tbsp. plain, non-fat yogurt with her breakfast.

The g'friend just has to be better about watching her when she gets let out. G'friends other dogs, prior to their passing, showed Sam the way...the way to the neighbors garbage. :rolleyes:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hey Pix....

Catfish meal, ground rice, oatmeal, pearled barley, dehydrated potatoes, chicken fat (preserved with with mixed tocopherols), natural flavor, calcium carbonate, tomato pomace, sodium tripolyphosphate, flax seed, potassium chloride, minerals (zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, iron proteinate, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), vitamins (vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), inositol, niacin supplement, vitamin A supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, beta-carotene, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), yeast culture, choline chloride, yucca schidigera, rosemary extract.

You know some of these things are not good.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:
Hey Pix....

Catfish meal, ground rice, oatmeal, pearled barley, dehydrated potatoes, chicken fat (preserved with with mixed tocopherols), natural flavor, calcium carbonate, tomato pomace, sodium tripolyphosphate, flax seed, potassium chloride, minerals (zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, iron proteinate, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), vitamins (vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), inositol, niacin supplement, vitamin A supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, beta-carotene, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), yeast culture, choline chloride, yucca schidigera, rosemary extract.

You know some of these things are not good.

That would be synthetic vit K. It's not bad, since it's synthetic it may not be fully absorbed. The benefits of vit K in animals isn't even known for sure.

That's the ONLY food Mily tolerates. I tried the $50 a bag raw food from clippers with terrible results.

Pete

Repete
jetmonkey said:
i STARTED FEEDING MY DOG THE FISH AND POTATO (effing caps lock) and three bags in she has turned into a 24 hour fart factory. I'm gonna have to switch up.
Fish and Chips for dogs...whoda thunk it. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
pixiegirl said:
That would be synthetic vit K. It's not bad, since it's synthetic it may not be fully absorbed. The benefits of vit K in animals isn't even known for sure.

That's the ONLY food Mily tolerates. I tried the $50 a bag raw food from clippers with terrible results.

But it's not needed..that's the point. There's a lot of unnecessary stuff in that food. Ever tried California Natural? Not many ingredients.

And Jet, fish is terribly gassy for dogs.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:
But it's not needed..that's the point. There's a lot of unnecessary stuff in that food. Ever tried California Natural? Not many ingredients.

And Jet, fish is terribly gassy for dogs.

And what's not needed gets passed along. I learned that in anatomy or biology or something. Whatever your body doesn't need comes out in your waste. The food is nutritionally sound, she likes it and it's the only thing I've found that has consistanly kept her allergies/intollerances in check. If it's not harming her and she's getting the proper nutrition I don't see the big deal. :shrug:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
This is what I had her on last...

It worked for a few months. Poop was not terribly loose but not what I consider "firm" either and gradually she became intollerant to it and the poop got looser, ears and breath stunk and her belly was inflammed.

She is a dog with true allergies and intollerances. She has inhalent allergies, a flea allergy, bee allergy and the list goes on.

When I find something that works I stick with it.

Ponytail

pixiegirl said:
And what's not needed gets passed along. I learned that in anatomy or biology or something. Whatever your body doesn't need comes out in your waste. The food is nutritionally sound, she likes it and it's the only thing I've found that has consistanly kept her allergies/intollerances in check. If it's not harming her and she's getting the proper nutrition I don't see the big deal. :shrug:

I see why you like Dr Smith and company. They are just as contradictory to themselves as you are. :lmao:

Cowgirl

pixiegirl said:

Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat-soluble...so the excess is actually stored, which can be harmful. If it was a water-soluble vitamin, it would be passed.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ponytail said:
I see why you like Dr Smith and company. They are just as contradictory to themselves as you are. :lmao:

I didn't contradict myself at all.... You just have a reading comp problem... There's a difference between nutritionally sound with additional ingredients than not nutritionally sound with potentialy allergic ingredients.

But spin it your way if it makes you feel better. :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Cowgirl said:
Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat-soluble...so the excess is actually stored, which can be harmful. If it was a water-soluble vitamin, it would be passed.

Exactly. The synthetic Vit K is a :nono: