Best Breakfast in Southern Maryland !

Christy

b*tch rocket
I wish there was a breakfast delivery service. I love breakfast but I hate making breakfast and I hate showering and making myself presentable in order to go out for breakfast. :frown:

I wish there was a breakfast delivery service. I love breakfast but I hate making breakfast and I hate showering and making myself presentable in order to go out for breakfast. :frown:

Here ya go!! :huggy:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/08/news/companies/dunkin-donuts-delivery/
The CEO of Dunkin' Donuts has a vision for the future - one in which you won't have to get out of bed, ever, because coffee and donuts will be delivered right to your door.

"Delivery is something that we will be evaluating in the future," said Scott Hudler, vice president of Global Consumer Engagement for Dunkin' Donuts.

Hudler said in a statement that Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) is developing a "mobile ordering platform" which could be used as a tool for placing orders. He described delivery as a "future initiative" for his company.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That's another thing I love about being over 50: I roll out of bed presentable. Brush my teeth and throw on some clothes, and that's good enough for most breakfast places.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
That's another thing I love about being over 50: I roll out of bed presentable. Brush my teeth and throw on some clothes, and that's good enough for most breakfast places.

:yeahthat: If it requires anything above yoga pants and maybe a quick swipe of mascara, I probably don't wanna be there before noon. Special occasion brunches excluded.

This year I inadvertently ended up at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Mother's Day...I'd just come from my 9am spin class, thinking nothing of the special day. I was greatly annoyed to find for once, I was the only person there in a sports bra :mad:

PeoplesElbow

:yeahthat: If it requires anything above yoga pants and maybe a quick swipe of mascara, I probably don't wanna be there before noon. Special occasion brunches excluded.

This year I inadvertently ended up at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Mother's Day...I'd just come from my 9am spin class, thinking nothing of the special day. I was greatly annoyed to find for once, I was the only person there in a sports bra :mad:

Did you have BO?

sockgirl77

Am I the only person that doesn't like Linda's? I do not think their food is great and the restaurant just makes me cringe. It just feels dirty. Oh and I HATE that you have to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathroom. Well, or that everyone else walks through the kitchen to get to the bathroom. :twitch:

PeoplesElbow

Am I the only person that doesn't like Linda's? I do not think their food is great and the restaurant just makes me cringe. It just feels dirty. Oh and I HATE that you have to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathroom. Well, or that everyone else walks through the kitchen to get to the bathroom. :twitch:

No, you are not the only person who hates it.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I've heard about it, but I've never been there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I haven't been to Linda's in years but my memory is that it's a grubby little place that smells like old fried onions and grease. Fairly gross. But I also remember that the food was really good. When I worked at Tester we used to go for breakfast once a week and we'd stink like that place for the rest of the day.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I won't say that I hate it, I have only been once. But it left me so unimpressed I have never had the desire to go back again. I remember it as being dirty and the tables were practically on top of each other.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I haven't been to Linda's in years but my memory is that it's a grubby little place that smells like old fried onions and grease. Fairly gross. But I also remember that the food was really good. When I worked at Tester we used to go for breakfast once a week and we'd stink like that place for the rest of the day.

come to think of it..it's been way more than 10 years since I've been in Linda's. Maybe my recollection is a bit hazy...or the food isn't as good as it once was.

Everything everyone said about Linda's is absolutely true. It has an odd smell. It's unkempt. It's grimy. You have to make sure you go to the bathroom before you get there so as not to experience the trek thru the kitchen, down the stairs and into that thing they call a bathroom.

But they make a great breakfast.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Though I have not tried it yet, I have been told by several folks that Striped Rock on Solomons serves a great breakfast. Has anyone tried it?

Oh, and one more thing. Linda's may not be the most appealing, but it beats my kitchen right now!!!

20150608_153018.jpg

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Everything everyone said about Linda's is absolutely true. It has an odd smell. It's unkempt. It's grimy. You have to make sure you go to the bathroom before you get there so as not to experience the trek thru the kitchen, down the stairs and into that thing they call a bathroom.

But they make a great breakfast.

Yeah but, gawd, why would you trust a grimy place that doesn't take any take pride in being clean to making and serving you food?

Yeah but, gawd, why would you trust a grimy place that doesn't take any take pride in being clean to making and serving you food?

I've had and made meals in some of the dirtiest, grimiest, germ-laden environments you can imagine. Linda's is fine by comparison.