Best Breakfast in Southern Maryland !

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah but, gawd, why would you trust a grimy place that doesn't take any take pride in being clean to making and serving you food?

I have eaten the most wonderful tacos out of a truck you wouldn't let your dog ride in.

BBQ from a roadside stand with the most filthy decrepit smoker I've ever seen.

Enchiladas from a place we weren't even sure was open because the building and parking lot looked like it had been abandoned several generations ago.

And the last time I had food poisoning it was from a local restaurant that was sparkling clean with a modern commercial kitchen.

So you never know....

bilbur

I've had and made meals in some of the dirtiest, grimiest, germ-laden environments you can imagine. Linda's is fine by comparison.

It has been a long time since I ate at Linda's but I remember it looking like a hole but the food was good. When I was in California on travel to Pt. Mugu I asked one of the locals where the best Mexican restaurant was located. He gave me directions and when I got there it looked like a condemned building with a bunch of cars in the parking lot. I thought the guy was messing with me but I went in anyway and the inside looked just as bad as the outside. I would have walked out but the place was packed with people so I ordered a meal and appetizer to-go. It was the best Mexican food ever, of course my only other reference is the places around here so the bar was low. I learned long ago to always ask a local when on travel, however, the first guy I asked was Mexican, he seemed offended and didn't answer me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have eaten the most wonderful tacos out of a truck you wouldn't let your dog ride in.

BBQ from a roadside stand with the most filthy decrepit smoker I've ever seen.

Enchiladas from a place we weren't even sure was open because the building and parking lot looked like it had been abandoned several generations ago.

And the last time I had food poisoning it was from a local restaurant that was sparkling clean with a modern commercial kitchen.

So you never know....

I work in Korea a lot. The best places to eat were dingy holes in the wall situated on narrow alleys, with barely enough room to seat 6 people and a curtain separating the "restaurant" from the room the family lived in. Awesome food...

However, breakfast, in Korea, is no different than lunch or dinner. Rice...fish..kimchee.... So I doubt we'll ever see a Korean restaurant serve breakfast..or a Chinese one either, for that matter. ;-)

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
However, breakfast, in Korea, is no different than lunch or dinner. Rice...fish..kimchee.... So I doubt we'll ever see a Korean restaurant serve breakfast..or a Chinese one either, for that matter. ;-)

Why do Americans have specific breakfast, lunch, and dinner foods anyway? I'll have to google around and find out when/how that got started because it's dumb.

PeoplesElbow

Doubt you got it there, not because it was clean but most people missattribute when they get food poisoning because real food poisoning takes 48 hrs or longer to hit you.

KDENISE977

I'd like to know where to get good eggs benedict. Yes, I'm aware you can make it at home, but I have this mental problem that prevents me from wanting to eat anything I make :shrug: Same with lunch and dinner too... after I make it, I don't want it. This is great for my diet :ohwell:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'd like to know where to get good eggs benedict. Yes, I'm aware you can make it at home, but I have this mental problem that prevents me from wanting to eat anything I make :shrug: Same with lunch and dinner too... after I make it, I don't want it. This is great for my diet :ohwell:

:yeahthat: I know several places in Annapolos but I'd love to know someplace local. I can make it but it's a PITA and it's my favorite :dance:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'd like to know where to get good eggs benedict. l:

See my previous post about Tall Timbers brunch..eggs benedict is a specialty..especially when you get one after Rick comes around and takes orders for a freshly prepared batch.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Doubt you got it there, not because it was clean but most people missattribute when they get food poisoning because real food poisoning takes 48 hrs or longer to hit you.

Nope, many food borne buggies only take a few hours to grab you by the intestine and start yanking. That's a common misconception, that it takes 48+ hours to hit you, but it depends on the organism.

They just had a little something that most likely was left on the counter too long - it happens. That's why I won't name the restaurant: I don't want them to suffer for something that can happen literally anywhere.

LtownTaxpayer

Nope, many food borne buggies only take a few hours to grab you by the intestine and start yanking. That's a common misconception, that it takes 48+ hours to hit you, but it depends on the organism.

They just had a little something that most likely was left on the counter too long - it happens. That's why I won't name the restaurant: I don't want them to suffer for something that can happen literally anywhere.

Food poisoning can take up to 48 hours to really affect you, but there are definitely certain types that can impact someone a whole lot faster - like an hour or less. The body's reaction is a way to eject the offending substance from your system as rapidly as possible. I had a co-worker who bought lunch from a vendor, shared it with another co-worker, and two hours later there were two less people on the shift for the day.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The Ruddy Duck Seafood and Alehouse on St. George Island has a pretty good Sunday Brunch, but for the price, Tall Timbers Marina is probably smarter choice.

bilbur

Has anyone been to the Captains Table recently for breakfast? Are they even still around? I remember a long time ago they were the place to go after a night of drinking then they changed management and went down hill. I did hear that they changed again and were getting better but that was a few years ago so I was curious if they were worth going back to.