Best kept secrets in Somd

M Bucker

WINGS

I am a bit of a conasuier(sp) of wings and the best wings in St Mary's Co. are at Monk's Inn, hands down!!!!!!! Ruby Tuesdays are good too but there's no real "Wing" joint down here. Monk's Inn

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
My vote goes to The Dry Dock and CD Cafe in Solomons and The Tavern in Wildewood... excellent food!!

Wings... the best ones I've had around here would have to be at Nooks 'n Monks or Outback.
Maybe they'll put up a good wing joint in here some day.

Where is this Oakwood place everyone seems to love?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin
Where is this Oakwood place everyone seems to love?

Take Route 5 to 249 in Callaway - 249 about 8 miles to Lighthouse Road (OCI Pub on the corner) - go about 1/4 mile and turn left at the sign. Great food! :yum:

Last edited:

ohstate

For wings, head to Clark's Landing - hot, and no breading (ick)!

We go to CD's on Solomons a lot- No reservations accepted, but worth the wait, especially for the specials of the day. Decent wine list.

We used to go to Dry Dock quite a bit too, but its gone downhill based on our last two outings, so we haven't been back for a few months.

Brome Howard - excellent food, quiet, romantic, elegant. The only reason we don't go more often is that its a bit farther than we like to drive (from Calvert)

DiGiovanni's - ick. Some people rave, but the put cream sauce on everything, including the shrimp scampi! Too thick and congealed for me. We forget how much we dislike it about once a year and try it again, but always regret it.

Oakwood Lodge - good steak, really average everything else, horrible service, and incredibly smokey, even in the non-smoking room. Not worth a second visit in my opinion.

I think we're going to try the new restaurant by the Tiki bar this weekend - I've heard that they have good steaks, so we'll see if they have worked out the bugs yet. 77 Charles, I think.

Monterey Cafe - the Mexican place in Sans Souci plaza, tasty stuff, usually a short wait, but we head to the bar for a margarita to pass the time.

What's with all the new BBQ places? As if we need more! I'm all for Damon's, but a new BBQ place right next to Boomerang's in Solomons? Doesn't seem like good planning to me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
77 Charles Street

We tried it out Friday evening and found it pretty good. I thought it a bit pricey since you have to order everything a la carte, but then again, you make up your own meal. I had the petite filet mignon and the spinich and artichoke casserole for my veggie. Skipped that starch (choice of potatoes or rice). The service was good too.