Best Restaurants in SOMD

mamatutu

mama to two
Eating out is overrated. You would be surprised what culinary skills you have. And, what is the point, when you complain about the food in restaurants? I can say this because my daughter worked at PF Red Hot and Blue all through high school and college in the summers (grad HS 2004 and college 2008). When they closed, she was the longest term employee in their existence in that location. We ate there three times. What does that tell you? I am more of a Monello's vrai café and like to hone my culinary skills at home. Yes, that is bad for local food biz, but they need to see that if the economy continues in the way it is, their biz will suffer. We all have to survive best we can. Sign of the times.

Last edited:

Tito

Donkey Smell
Eating out is overrated. You would be surprised what culinary skills you have. And, what is the point, when you complain about the food in restaurants? I can say this because my daughter worked at PF Red Hot and Blue all through high school and college in the summers (grad HS 2004 and college 2008). When they closed, she was the longest term employee in their existence in that location. We ate there three times. What does that tell you? I am more of a Monello's vrai café and like to hone my culinary skills at home. Yes, that is bad for local food biz, but they need to see that if the economy continues in the way it is, their biz will suffer. We all have to survive best we can. Sign of the times.

Get a Job

merc669

Lets try sticking to the topic. If you never eat out thats your choice...... Others enjoy eating out..

MMM_donuts

Our meals are primarily prepared at home.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Our meals are primarily prepared at home.

As are ours. :yay:

We go out because we LIKE socializing with friends, or go out alone together to enjoy a nice meal as part of a "date night". In an average week, at most, it's 1 or 2 nights of the week, if not on vacation. We typically don't do fast food, and prefer NOT to eat at chain restaurants. It's nice to know where to go when we do want to eat out.

pelers

Fiesta Cafe (Mechanicsville, same owners as Tequila's)
Bistro Belle Maison (Solomons, bit expensive but wonderful for a date night)

Hannibal

I consider myself a bit of a foodie and try to enjoy a meal out once a week. With a family of 5, this can sometimes be complicated. A few of my currnet favorites (sorry if not spelled correctly, I didn't take the time to look them up to confirm):

1. Nagori's (excellent sushi and Japanese cuisine). Love this place and need to go back. Hope they got their liquor license.
2. Cafe De'Artis - I love this place for a night out with just the wife. Cheese plate and snails are excellent appetizers.
3. Silver Skewers - Just down the street from us. A little pricey but good food. EXCELLENT iced tea and saffron rice.
4. Ruddy Duck (St. George's Island). Was pretty good but I've only been once. Love the chocolate beer.
5. The Lighthouse/Clarke's Landing - I've known Nick since baseball glory days in college. Have been going to his place since it opened.
6. Sea Breeze - have spent a lot of time this year for crabs/shrimp. Good crab house. Don't know about the rest of their food. Nice spot to hit when out on the boat.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
River's Edge in Benedict is the only place I've ever been where I met some of ya'lls on a Friday in late June 2013. I thought it was pretty good.

Does Annapolis count as SoMd?

MMM_donuts

Here's a recap of the places we've discussed so far. I've guesstimated the locations. If you said you like anything from this place then I added it to the list:

Jerry's, Prince Frederick - 5 comments
Ruddy Duck, Dowell - 5
CD Cafe, Solomon's - 5

Back Creek Bistro, Dowell - 3
River's Edge, Benedict - 3
Cafe Des Artistes, Leonardtown - 3
Ruddy Duck Alehouse, Piney Point - 3

Thai Inter, Lexington Park - 2
Texas Roadhouse, California - 2
Stoney's, Solomon's -2
Chief's, Tall Timbers - 2
Old Stein, Edgewater - 2
Blue Wind, California - 2
Adam's Ribs, Prince Frederick - 2
Edgewater, Edgewater - 2
Gridiron Grill, Callaway - 2
Lighthouse/Clarke's Landing, Solomon's - 2

Tearrific, Lexington Park - 1
Niko's, Lexington Park - 1
5 Guys, California - 1
Days Off Grill, Lexington Park - 1
la Tolteca, Prince Frederick - 1
Front Porch, Leonardtown - 1
Tequila Grill, Charlotte Hall - 1
Quade's Store, Bushwood - 1
Lotus Kitchen, Solomon's -1
Evan's Seafood (closed?) - 1
Mexico, Huntingtown/North Beach - 1
Bobby Rucci's, White Plains -1
Ye Olde Towne Cafe, Leonardtown - 1
Boomerangs, Solomon's - 1
Salsas - 1
Chipotle -1
Marie's Diner, La Plata -1
Doughboy's, White Plains - 1
Fiesta Cafe, Mechanicsville - 1
Bistro Bell Maison, Solomons - 1
Nagoya's, Prince Frederick - 1
Silver Skewers, Walorf - 1
Sea Breeze, Mechanicsville - 1

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Here's a recap of the places we've discussed so far. I've guesstimated the locations. If you said you like anything from this place then I added it to the list:

Back Creek Bistro, Callaway - 3

Back Creek is in Dowell.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I had mentioned the Reluctant Navigator at Tall Timbers Marina. Their Sunday brunch is killer....

Midnightrider

I'm always surprised when people say they had a meh or even bad experience there. That's probably the restaurant I frequent most and I've never, not one time, had less than great food and service. Maybe it's just my good luck restaurant?

i have found their food to be consistently mediocre. There are a few really good things on the menu but in gneral i usually get OK but not great food. OTOH, their service is usually really good. So even with just mediocre-decent food RD is where we go most often.

I will say that we noticed an improvement in quality of food and presentaion about 6 months ago and things have been shading to the good side for a while now. Maybe a new chef or just a refocused kitchen....