Beware of Waldorf Sales Mgrs - Toyota

elliottsroost

It's not uncommon for sales reps and business owners to come on here pretending to be a satisfied customer. My suspicions about this person are based on two things:

Why are they trading in a car they just bought last year? And why are they buying a convertible with winter coming on? Oh, and a third thing is that if they're such great customers of Mr. Link, why wouldn't he have informed them when he moved to a different dealership? Most sales reps do that.

For all I know, this story is the truth and exactly as it happened. But it could also be a fraud, intended to slam a competitor. So take posts like this with a grain of salt.

This is NOT a fraudulent post. I am a real person and this was a real experience. I could not afford the convertible last year and I could afford it this year. My husband purchased a newer model (2004) Silverado with Crew Cab while on travel in Oklahoma so he told me to trade it in. So no he is not using the baby stroller! It is my understanding Mr. Link did place ads in the newspaper announcing his relocation, however, I do not routinely purchase the Enterprise, my bad!

P

Patch Tuesday

I'm not the sales person. I am a real customer. Be glad to show you my loan papers if you like. :)

Just print out or handwrite a note that says "eff you people" and tape it to the car...

Then take a picture of it on the new car and post it in this thread as an attachment...

That's the kind of response we appreciate in here...

:popcorn:

elliottsroost

Again......the key to a successful car deal is the sales man.....unfortunately if you have a bad experience with the sales man.......you equate it to the entire dealership. As with any profession, good sales men are hard to come by, just as any good government employee, a good nurse, a good carpenter, a good builder, a good doctor, etc. That is why when you have a good one, you pass it on. Thanks for reading the post.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I had the exact opposite experience in my last dealing with the LP Toyota dealer...

They low-balled me on my trade, and Carmax in Laurel gave me a lot more money...

The guy there had enough nerve to tell me "I should go sell my trade to Carmax, and then come buy a car from them!"

Needless to say, they got nothing...

:popcorn:

So you rent your house when the evidence proves over time that it WILL gain value, but buy your cars, when the evidence proves it will ALWAYS lose value..

You'd have a much better argument if you leased your cars, at least that would be more in line with your argument about houses..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Again......the key to a successful car deal is the sales man.....unfortunately if you have a bad experience with the sales man.......you equate it to the entire dealership. As with any profession, good sales men are hard to come by, just as any good government employee, a good nurse, a good carpenter, a good builder, a good doctor, etc. That is why when you have a good one, you pass it on. Thanks for reading the post.

So, since you know so much about buying and selling cars, and how a car dealership is supposed to make money to stay in business.. how much should they have given you for your one year old car.. and how much would you be willing to pay for that same car a used, one year old car, who'd original sticker price was 24,000.. I can't imagine paying more than 18.. and if they gave you 16, they ONLY make 2K on the deal.. NOT a lot of profit..

It sounds to me like they were fair, and you were just being hardheaded..

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Let's just be clear about one thing, Good ole mister "lotsalink" don't give two chits and a fairy dust about you. One way or another he is making money off of you. I used to sell cars myself and folks like you are a dime a dozen. If I kiss your arse enough one way or hte other and show you how fab you look in that pull down make up mirror You wouldn't give two craps what it cost if it made you feel 20 again.

I'll give you exactly what you payed for that creampuff car you can't stand to be seen on the road in anymore. I can assure you though you will pay for it in the long run though. Two not so frindly terms here. 1. Upside down ( your last deal saw you paying more than your car was worth and now you want a change and oh my a smidge more negative equity has set in) or 2. BURIED!!! (You are a perpetually unhappy car owner who constantly feels the need to keep up with this so called status you want to acheive in life, yet can't afford to pay cash for)

No offense really but I made good money looking deep into the eyes of folks just like you and many you know & lying my arse off.

Giddy up!

I had a very good experience last week with Lexington Park Ford, I got a 2008 Mercury Milan they gave me a awesome deal and even gave me balloons for my birthday 5 free oil changes and scotchgaurded my car for free..My salesman even sent a thankyou card and some info on seat covers I had asked about during the sale. I had to wait a day to get my car since they were scotchgaurding it..but they sent me home in a Mustang for the day til I got my car back! It was the best experience i have ever had buying a car.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
I had a very good experience last week with Lexington Park Ford, I got a 2008 Mercury Milan they gave me a awesome deal and even gave me balloons for my birthday 5 free oil changes and scotchgaurded my car for free..My salesman even sent a thankyou card and some info on seat covers I had asked about during the sale. I had to wait a day to get my car since they were scotchgaurding it..but they sent me home in a Mustang for the day til I got my car back! It was the best experience i have ever had buying a car.

What color was it?:shrug:

elliottsroost

Wow! Some of you posters are some tough cookies.............thanks for all the sarcasm and understanding, it really is appreciated.

P

Patch Tuesday

So you rent your house when the evidence proves over time that it WILL gain value, but buy your cars, when the evidence proves it will ALWAYS lose value..

You'd have a much better argument if you leased your cars, at least that would be more in line with your argument about houses..

Once again you prove to be the village idiot...

Answer these questions Bob:

1. How many miles does the average car lease allow you to drive?

2. How many miles does the average Saint Mary's commuter put on a car? Hint, we're putting 30k per year on a car...

3. How expensive are the lease miles after going over your limit? Hint, it's like a cell phone...

P.S: you really should just go ahead and get rid of that bubble house you bought to relieve all the frustration you've got from constantly being broke...

:whistle:

elliottsroost

Once again you prove to be the village idiot...

Answer these questions Bob:

1. How many miles does the average car lease allow you to drive?

2. How many miles does the average Saint Mary's commuter put on a car? Hint, we're putting 30k per year on a car...

3. How expensive are the lease miles after going over your limit? Hint, it's like a cell phone...

P.S: you really should just go ahead and get rid of that bubble house you bought to relieve all the frustration you've got from constantly being broke...

:whistle:

:duel:

Last edited:

elliottsroost

Let's just be clear about one thing, Good ole mister "lotsalink" don't give two chits and a fairy dust about you. One way or another he is making money off of you. I used to sell cars myself and folks like you are a dime a dozen. If I kiss your arse enough one way or hte other and show you how fab you look in that pull down make up mirror You wouldn't give two craps what it cost if it made you feel 20 again.

I'll give you exactly what you payed for that creampuff car you can't stand to be seen on the road in anymore. I can assure you though you will pay for it in the long run though. Two not so frindly terms here. 1. Upside down ( your last deal saw you paying more than your car was worth and now you want a change and oh my a smidge more negative equity has set in) or 2. BURIED!!! (You are a perpetually unhappy car owner who constantly feels the need to keep up with this so called status you want to acheive in life, yet can't afford to pay cash for)

No offense really but I made good money looking deep into the eyes of folks just like you and many you know & lying my arse off.

No offense taken.

I don't mind people making a profit.....just don't like to be gouged, that's all. Been around long enough to know we all have to make a living and we do it off each other.

But, he couldn't pull down the mirror and tell me how fabulous I look because I don't use them since the severe house fire I was in burned 20% of my face and I still have more surgery before they can fix the scarring.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

No offense taken.

I don't mind people making a profit.....just don't like to be gouged, that's all. Been around long enough to know we all have to make a living and we do it off each other.

But, he couldn't pull down the mirror and tell me how fabulous I look because I don't use them since the severe house fire I was in burned 20% of my face and I still have more surgery before they can fix the scarring.

Did this tread just take an incredible left turn????:whistle: