Bidenomics

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bidenomics: Dollar Tree, Family Dollar to Close 1,000 Stores Due to 'Persistent Inflation'

More from CNN:

Family Dollar, the struggling discount chain that caters to low-income customers predominantly in cities, will close about 1,000 stores.

Family Dollar will close 600 locations this year and 370 stores over the next several years as store leases expire. Family Dollar has around 8,000 US stores.

Dollar Tree, which owns Family Dollar, also said it will close 30 stores as leases expire.

Years of mismanagement and poor conditions in stores have hurt Family Dollar’s brand. The company has struggled as discount competitors such as Dollar General, Walmart and others grew. More recently, inflation has hit Family Dollar customers and the chain’s profits.

“Persistent inflation and reduced government benefits continue to pressure the lower-income consumers that comprise a sizable portion of Family Dollar’s” customer base, CEO Rick Dreiling said Wednesday on a call with analysts

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_5546.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Economy DESTROYING Gen Z, Young Woman CRIES Because Food And Rent ARE TOO HIGH​

Clem72

“Persistent inflation and reduced government benefits continue to pressure the lower-income consumers that comprise a sizable portion of Family Dollar’s” customer base, CEO Rick Dreiling said Wednesday on a call with analysts
What reduced government benefits?

I'm sorry, they must have screwed the pooch big time. Inflation will drive customers to cheaper options, and the dollar stores (who did shrinkflation before it was cool) should all be going gangbusters.

If Dollar General and Walmart are getting an uptick, and Family Dollar isn't, then they did this to themselves.

Is the California, MD Walmart closing? I was in it for the first time in a while yesterday and it seems to me they are only stocking seasonal and the rest of the store seems to have more and more bare shelving. They are also rearranging the entire store moving stuff that used to be on the left over to the right side of the store.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Is the California, MD Walmart closing? I was in it for the first time in a while yesterday and it seems to me they are only stocking seasonal and the rest of the store seems to have more and more bare shelving. They are also rearranging the entire store moving stuff that used to be on the left over to the right side of the store.
Probably the semi-annual consumer confusion program. Move items to nowhere near where they used to be to make the consumer traverse every isle making their shopping experience excruciatingly painful.

SamSpade

STILL? Geez I figured it’d be like a week.

Probably the semi-annual consumer confusion program. Move items to nowhere near where they used to be to make the consumer traverse every isle making their shopping experience excruciatingly painful.
There was that going on for sure! All us cart pushers were walking around bewildered and each time we made eye contact one, the other or both would say I’m lost and can’t find anything I’m looking for!

stgislander

PREMO Member
There was that going on for sure! All us cart pushers were walking around bewildered and each time we made eye contact one, the other or both would say I’m lost and can’t find anything I’m looking for!
The wife spent 4 hours in there last Tuesday just shopping for groceries.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Even all the grocery coolers? The bakery?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Worst Take Yet'! Try Not to Laugh at the AP's Latest Attempt to Spin Bidenflation

Since Joe Biden took office in January of 2021, here's what's happened to prices:

Grocery prices have surged more than 21% since the start of 2021, outstripping the overall 18% pace of inflation during that same time period. And while the pace of price increases for food has slowed in recent months, the overall cost of many grocery store staples is still marching higher. Experts say that relief for consumers is unlikely to arrive anytime soon.

Then there's the price of gas:

That story would have been framed that same way if Trump was still in office and inflation was a problem, right? RIGHT!?

Right? But at least the AP has made it clear to the Biden White House that they'll carry as much water as possible heading into the election.

The story starts with an interesting way to phrase what's happened to prices:

Many Americans are in a sour mood about the economy for one main reason: Prices feel too high.
Maybe they’re not rising as fast as they had been, but average prices are still painfully above where they were three years ago. And they’re mostly heading higher still.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Joe Biden’s ex-chief of staff finally admits it: Inflation is clobbering us

Klain admitted on MSNBC that “although inflation has moderated, prices are still high, the price of gasoline is still high, other prices are still high, and people feel that pinch.”

Calling Bidenflation a “pinch” is like calling the bridge collapse in Baltimore a minor traffic delay.

The real tragedy of the Biden economy — and the reason a majority of Americans are telling pollsters they are worse off today than four years ago — is that their paychecks have shrunk.

That’s true no matter how you slice and dice it.

[clip]

Also notable: The official Consumer Price Index numbers, which say that prices are up 18% since Trump left office, doesn’t include “shrinkflation.”

Smaller servings at restaurants, fewer chips in a bag of Doritos. You pay more and get less.

Biden blames the inflation on greedy corporations.

His solution is to raise business taxes to reduce profits of corporate fat cats.

But if you raise taxes on businesses, the companies will have to raise their prices worse.

The White House seems mystified that Americans on Main Street USA aren’t feeling the love for Bidenomics.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Americans Left BEHIND': Truth Behind Biden's Latest Jobs Report Exposed in DAMNING Receipt-Filled Thread

As Biden continues to pat himself on the BAZILLION JOBS he's supposedly created, the truth behind the latest jobs report is out and as you all likely already knew, it's not good. Forget that if Biden has created any jobs, it's maybe 5 million, and most of them are part-time or ... wait for it ... government.

Oh, and those jobs are also going to illegals, just so you guys know the real story here. Americans are being left behind.

Take a look:

If only the media covered the reality of these jobs reports instead of carrying water for Biden. Americans deserve to know the truth.

Ya' don't say.

Gosh, we're shocked.

Oh, wait. No.