Big Event in Budds Creek

Otter

Nothing to see here
HappyCats said:
no... Its not.

The only thing that is the same is the parking lot. I guess you've never been to the race track.

:lol: gawd, some peoples kids..

HappyCats

sockgirl77 said:
When they have big events like this they tend to use the parking area for Potomac Speedway as well as the track for shows. :yay:

Yep, that's why there was no racing this weekend at the dirt track.

Otter

Nothing to see here
HappyCats said:
Riiiiight.... you should come to Potomac. Their not done racing...come check it out Oct 4-6 and Oct 18 - 20.

We'll save you seat. :popcorn:

Been there many times, I can find my own seat, tyvm. :jameo:

Mikeinsmd

HappyCats said:
Its not Potomac Speedway! This is the motocross park. It is called: Budds Creek. Potomac is the dirt track BEHIND the motorcross park.
She lives here and knows what she's talking about. :duh:

Hey dee dee dee.... they use the Potomac speedway parking lot. As well as MIR for parking fool :smack:

I'm with Ott, you belong in the horsey threads.

HappyCats

Mikeinsmd said:
She lives here and knows what she's talking about. :duh:

Hey dee dee dee.... they use the Potomac speedway parking lot. As well as MIR for parking fool :smack:

I'm with Ott, you belong in the horsey threads.

I don't get it... I LIVE here. I go to Potomac Speedway every week. I spend my money and get bullied out of the way by the motorcross people whenever they invade. I am all about having a motorsports park, but I get tired of people "forgetting" that PS is there. Our local dirt tracks are disappearing at an alarming rate and people need to know what the real deal is. I can tell you, once Potomac Speedway (the racetrack) closes, then it is gone forever. A real shame if you ask me, that is some awesome racing.

K

Kain99

HappyCats said:
I don't get it... I LIVE here. I go to Potomac Speedway every week. I spend my money and get bullied out of the way by the motorcross people whenever they invade. I am all about having a motorsports park, but I get tired of people "forgetting" that PS is there. Our local dirt tracks are disappearing at an alarming rate and people need to know what the real deal is. I can tell you, once Potomac Speedway (the racetrack) closes, then it is gone forever. A real shame if you ask me, that is some awesome racing.
We were talking about this yesterday. Potomac sits smack dab in the middle of two hugely successful tracks! With some decent management Potomac could easily make it's mark.

HappyCats

Kain99 said:
We were talking about this yesterday. Potomac sits smack dab in the middle of two hugely successful tracks! With some decent management Potomac could easily make it's mark.

I completely agree with you! That's why I get upset when it is "forgotten". We as fans that go every week, try so hard to do the promoting that the management doesn't. All in all, it is family friendly fun place to go. And the racing is stellar. Just don't forget that its back there, is all I ask.

slaphappynmd

DawnK said:
I read in the Enterprise today that they are expecting a crowd of approx 40,000 peeps for an event at Potomac Speedway this weekend?

That place is a zoo even with the Demo Derby 2 x a year... I'm sure they only get a thousand or so people at that event...

What is the event and WTH are all of these people going to fit?

And I am very glad that this is going on, Solomons was packed last night and I made money driving people from the Holiday Inn onto the Island!!!!

Otter

Nothing to see here
slaphappynmd said:
And I am very glad that this is going on, Solomons was packed last night and I made money driving people from the Holiday Inn onto the Island!!!!

Local restaurants in PF were packed too. Went to dinner at 7 and there were lines for Outback and Jaspers. Ended up going to the bar at Roberts, which was empty, great food there, tho a little pricey.

sockgirl77

HappyCats said:
Potomac Speedway still gets packed. However, they do not host the big events that MIR or Budds Creek does. :shrug:

Mikeinsmd

HappyCats said:
I completely agree with you! That's why I get upset when it is "forgotten". We as fans that go every week, try so hard to do the promoting that the management doesn't. All in all, it is family friendly fun place to go. And the racing is stellar. Just don't forget that its back there, is all I ask.
Who's "forgetting" PS??? :confused: If anything, it is better known than the mx.

Bresamil pointed out that "every inch of PS was lit up". That is a true statement since those fields are used for parking during PS races. They may even belong to PS.

The MX only hosts a handful of events a year whereas PS has racing every weekend.

mxmom943

It's obvious that you are not a MX fan, because there is a race at Budds Creek MX Park quite a few weekends out of the year. If the MAMA organization isnt racing there, then District 7 is racing there. Yes, we should not forget about Potomac Speedway, it's been there a long time, but the racetrack was lit up last night as they were having a SUPERCROSS on the dirt track @PS. Us as motocrossers try to respect PS, when they are racing on Friday nights and we are there for a weekend event we go to support them. Do they come to support us on Sundays and watch us race?

Mikeinsmd

mxmom943 said:
It's obvious that you are not a MX fan, because there is a race at Budds Creek MX Park quite a few weekends out of the year. If the MAMA organization isnt racing there, then District 7 is racing there. Yes, we should not forget about Potomac Speedway, it's been there a long time, but the racetrack was lit up last night as they were having a SUPERCROSS on the dirt track @PS. Us as motocrossers try to respect PS, when they are racing on Friday nights and we are there for a weekend event we go to support them. Do they come to support us on Sundays and watch us race?
The "Reply with Quote" button is your friend. :huggy: