Big Event in Budds Creek

mxmom943

Well not sure what you mean by "thanks for the red", but we don't race on Friday nights either, but we still support the Dirt Track. If you are from the area, you should come back and enjoy some good MX racing on Sundays. Next District 7 race at Budds is Novemeber 18th. Come on out and enjoy yourself.

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
What a crowd :faint:

MIR was closed and used for parking, I never saw 4 to 5 rows of cars parked the entire length of the quarter mile. Tons of pictures and a video that's rather shaky but good times for sure.

First round some crazy hats and stuff.

Attachments

• DSC03220.jpg
    DSC03220.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC03254.jpg
    DSC03254.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 87
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03287.jpg
    DSC03287.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC03268.jpg
    DSC03268.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 91

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
The last picture a big no no in two ways.

Attachments

• DSC03302.jpg
    DSC03302.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC03289.jpg
    DSC03289.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC03298.jpg
    DSC03298.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC03263.jpg
    DSC03263.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC03286.jpg
    DSC03286.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 100

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
The first couple is of Ricky Carmichael; the guy could ride and ride good despite dumping it during a practice run.

Last picture is of the 1st turn pile-up, yes those are the riders legs shown while he was under the bike.

Attachments

• DSC03245.jpg
    DSC03245.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC03306.jpg
    DSC03306.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC03272.jpg
    DSC03272.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03280.jpg
    DSC03280.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 86

Mikeinsmd

HappyCats said:
we don't race on Sundays...otherwise we might be there. :coffee:
:whistle: Maybe you should go.
HappyCats said:
I don't get it... I LIVE here. I go to Potomac Speedway every week. I spend my money and get bullied out of the way by the motorcross people whenever they invade. I am all about having a motorsports park, but I get tired of people "forgetting" that PS is there. Our local dirt tracks are disappearing at an alarming rate and people need to know what the real deal is. I can tell you, once Potomac Speedway (the racetrack) closes, then it is gone forever. A real shame if you ask me, that is some awesome racing.

Last edited:

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
Supercross

mxmom943 said:
It's obvious that you are not a MX fan, because there is a race at Budds Creek MX Park quite a few weekends out of the year. If the MAMA organization isnt racing there, then District 7 is racing there. Yes, we should not forget about Potomac Speedway, it's been there a long time, but the racetrack was lit up last night as they were having a SUPERCROSS on the dirt track @PS. Us as motocrossers try to respect PS, when they are racing on Friday nights and we are there for a weekend event we go to support them. Do they come to support us on Sundays and watch us race?

Just doin' braggin' rights here....

My son took 5th place OVERALL at the Supercross!!!! Got a shiney lil plaque to prove it!! It's super cool.... has the motox of nations with Carmicheal on the front! :yahoo:

:thewave:

sockgirl77

Purplefox said:

My son took 5th place OVERALL at the Supercross!!!! Got a shiney lil plaque to prove it!! It's super cool.... has the motox of nations with Carmicheal on the front! :yahoo:

That's really awesome. :clap:

HappyCats

Purplefox said:

Congratulations!! :yahoo:

sockgirl77

HappyCats said:
Why is everyone so dayum mean.... I wasn't #####in', I'm still not! Sheez!!! :duel: I guess no opinions are allowed on here... :eyebrow:
Cuz you came in here being a biatch. :shrug:

mxmom943

Hey Purplefox, congrats to your son!!! My son was there today, unfortunately I wasn't due to a knee injury and I have to try to stay in shape to take him racing next weekend. I did drop the family off and pick them up over there, all in all, wasn't too bad getting in or out today. They say it was a blast and damn it was a chance of a lifetime and of course I missed it.

Just Todd, those are some awesome pics, would love to see more if you have any since I missed the biggest race ever.

meme

The Smart Hooker
HappyCats said:
No, I didnt. You guys took it that way. It is hard to write in a way so that everyone takes it the right way.....

Peace?
:high5:

Don't worry about it. :huggy:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
JustTodd said:
What a crowd :faint:

First round some crazy hats and stuff.

That wreck Carmichael had in the first practice - didn't he go from 39th to finishing 3rd? TEAM USA ROCKED!!!

I liked the one sign over by the start finish line that said something about Carmichael and let freedom BRAAAP!

I was in the VIP area. My god, there was some crazy azz people up in there! :roflmao:

We saw this group of guys from England; they had on little black derby hats, and tshirts that they wrote all over, and they were all wearing black trouser shorts (looked like a pair of cut off work pants). Anyone, one of them had their entire rear end cut out of them (like azzless chaps) and on his white boxers had something written across the butt like "Go Brits". :roflmao:

Then there was this other guy who was wearing an Australian flag around his waist, like a skirt. He did a handstand up against the fence and was wearing a pair of pink THONGS. :faint:

I was working, so I didn't have my phone on me most of the day to take pics, but I did get some shots on my camera when I got breaks.