Billionaire Trump can't come up with $464 million for bond

OccamsRazor

If you make a claim you need to back it up with proof.

If that is standard operating procedure for all transactions then everyone is being treated the same and no one is losing out.

This is not the same scenario as reporting different information to different entities to change your liability or your value which is what Trump did.
So your argument is NOT that he "inflated" the worth.. it is that he didn't do that in EVERY situation and with EVERY lender or in EVERY scenario???
And exactly WHO lost out with these transactions?

StmarysCity79

So your argument is NOT that he "inflated" the worth.. it is that he didn't do that in EVERY situation and with EVERY lender or in EVERY scenario???
And exactly WHO lost out with these transactions?

No it's that he lied and committed fraud by doing so on banking documents and tax forms which is illegal.

He inflated his worth when it suited him to obtained loans and undervalued his worth when it suited him to avoid taxes.

THe government lost out on million in tax revenues while the banks charged him a lower rate and took an unnecessary risk on a unqualified borrower. ( you know who makes up those losses? You, the little guy)

This has been going on for decades and has been reported on for as many years. Why do you still not understand the issue?

StmarysCity79

Please re-read Post #95 and then get back to me...

And as I said . If you assert something like that you must prove it to be true.

Second if it is true as long as it is applied to everyone equally by the bank it isn't a problem.

Third that still doesn't address lying on his tax forms.

Fourth your argument is nonsensical.

OccamsRazor

And as I said . If you assert something like that you must prove it to be true.

Second if it is true as long as it is applied to everyone equally by the bank it isn't a problem.

Third that still doesn't address lying on his tax forms.

Fourth your argument is nonsensical.
Makes perfect sense. You posted " it's that he lied and committed fraud by doing so on banking documents and tax forms which is illegal."

How is what HE did any different than what the banks do for lending? Are they BOTH not "committing fraud" by lying on banking documents? When someone claims to have $1000 in non-taxable income and the bank lists their income as $1250... isn't that lying?

StmarysCity79

Makes perfect sense. You posted " it's that he lied and committed fraud by doing so on banking documents and tax forms which is illegal."

How is what HE did any different than what the banks do for lending? Are they BOTH not "committing fraud" by lying on banking documents? When someone claims to have $1000 in non-taxable income and the bank lists their income as $1250... isn't that lying?

You still have not shown this hypothetical scenario even exists so discussing it further with you is pointless.

OccamsRazor

You still have not shown this hypothetical scenario even exists so discussing it further with you is pointless.
Sorry. Had to take 2.5 seconds to Google it for you.

"If the income is verified to be nontaxable, and the income and its tax-exempt status are likely to continue, the lender may develop an “adjusted gross income” for the borrower by adding an amount equivalent to 25% of the nontaxable income to the borrower's income."

StmarysCity79

Sorry. Had to take 2.5 seconds to Google it for you.

"If the income is verified to be nontaxable, and the income and its tax-exempt status are likely to continue, the lender may develop an “adjusted gross income” for the borrower by adding an amount equivalent to 25% of the nontaxable income to the borrower's income."

Now please cite you source

Why is this so hard for you?

OccamsRazor

Now please cite you source

Why is this so hard for you?
JFC! F'n Google is the source. That and the 1.5 billion hits on the subject.
Can you do NOTHING yourself? Since your go-to retort is to deny or criticize sources, I figured I would let you pick from the BILLION+ sources.

OccamsRazor

So provide one
So you need it spoon fed to you? I thought all you "highly educated" liberals did their own research and developed your own opinions.
If Uncle Joe read it from a teleprompter or MSNBC told you it was right, would you believe it then?

Do some research and develop your own mindset. Don't depend on others to tell you where to go and what to think... Mmkay?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oopsie! Sorry for your luck, Dembots!

The NY Court of Appeals has finally intervened to offer a modicum of restraint in the Trump case. It has A has given former President Donald Trump 10 more days to post a bond of $175 million. That is likely doable and avoids the cliff drop set up by Engoron and James.

That's the problem with Democrats - they're such overzealous fascists they don't know when to quit and end up shooting themselves. And then, of course, since the whole case is bullshit, it's almost certainly going to be overturned on appeal.

It is my hope that all the psychotic Trump haters stick their head in an oven over this turn of events.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No, in fact the banks testified that they were satisfied with the arrangement.
The Appeals court just cut the bond for his filing by more than half so get ready for the wails of despair from MSNBC, CNN, WAPO and our own resident Marx-i-Tard SMC.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

That's the problem with Democrats - they're such overzealous fascists they don't know when to quit and end up shooting themselves. And then, of course, since the whole case is bullshit, it's almost certainly going to be overturned on appeal.

It is my hope that all the psychotic Trump haters stick their head in an oven over this turn of events.
You beat me to the post.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Appeals court just cut the bond for his filing by more than half so get ready for the wails of despair from MSNBC, CNN, WAPO and our own resident Marx-i-Tard SMC.

Can't wait!

tears.jpg

StmarysCity79

Did you even read the article beofre you psoted it? He still has to come up with $175 million in 10 days or risk his properties being seized.

What do you think this proves?

StmarysCity79

So you need it spoon fed to you? I thought all you "highly educated" liberals did their own research and developed your own opinions.
If Uncle Joe read it from a teleprompter or MSNBC told you it was right, would you believe it then?

Do some research and develop your own mindset. Don't depend on others to tell you where to go and what to think... Mmkay?

Did someone tell you to post this?

Let's say it is true. If all banks do this in the calculations and it is written in their underwriting rules what exactly are you alleging the issue is?