Billionaire Trump can't come up with $464 million for bond

StmarysCity79

Exactly which rules did he break? And, if he broke any rules then why are the bankers NOT sitting right next to him since they HAD TO investigate and make a decision on the transaction as well?? Doesn't that mean that they were complicit in helping Trump "break the rules?"
Or, are you saying that all these bankers, bank lawyers, and bank personnel were just idiots and were not aware that they were being duped?
Explain in great detail why the alleged horror is all Trump's fault and no one else's. TIA.

I've explained ti to you dozens of times.

He reported his worth and income as different in two place.

Once on bank forms as high

Once on government tax forms as low.

Both can not be true.

glhs837

Power with Control
I've explained ti to you dozens of times.

He reported his worth and income as different in two place.

Once on bank forms as high

Once on government tax forms as low.

Both can not be true.

Funny, my house has a market value. Call it X, but of course it's a range so split the range in half to find X.

The govt assesses my house at Y. Currently Y sits about 100K less than the lowest value of X.

Can both values be true? Of course not. My house's value is what someone will pay for it. Does that mean if a bank lends me money based on market value vice govt value, I've defrauded the public because I didn't pay axes on the market value.

This is the real estate equivalent of trying to tax billionaires on "wealth". Musk made 205 billion (in increased stock value) last year!!!!!! TAX HIM!!!!! MEanwhile, this last year he's lost 50 billion in stock value this year, but nobody's talking about giving him back the difference, are they?

If the govt thought Trump was reporting low, why didn't the IRS come after him after him then? If the banks though he was reporting high, why didn't refuse to do business with him?

But most importantly, why is it only after he starts knocking over political apple carts that this becomes a prosecutable crime? You can duck and dodge all you want, the fact remains, this sounds like small town politics where the Mayor sics the Sherriff on people who have pissed him off. Jaywalking tickets writ large.

StmarysCity79

Funny, my house has a market value. Call it X, but of course it's a range so split the range in half to find X.

The govt assesses my house at Y. Currently Y sits about 100K less than the lowest value of X.

Can both values be true? Of course not. My house's value is what someone will pay for it. Does that mean if a bank lends me money based on market value vice govt value, I've defrauded the public because I didn't pay axes on the market value.

This is the real estate equivalent of trying to tax billionaires on "wealth". Musk made 205 billion (in increased stock value) last year!!!!!! TAX HIM!!!!! MEanwhile, this last year he's lost 50 billion in stock value this year, but nobody's talking about giving him back the difference, are they?

If the govt thought Trump was reporting low, why didn't the IRS come after him after him then? If the banks though he was reporting high, why didn't refuse to do business with him?

But most importantly, why is it only after he starts knocking over political apple carts that this becomes a prosecutable crime? You can duck and dodge all you want, the fact remains, this sounds like small town politics where the Mayor sics the Sherriff on people who have pissed him off. Jaywalking tickets writ large.

They government did come after him and has audited him many times and fined him.

The banks gave him a lower rate based on what he said was his inflated collateral putting them at risk and making them charge others higher rates to make up for it.

The assessed value is a number the government came up with as you said.

Not you reporting different info to different people like Trump did.

He claimed his penthouse was 4 x its size to use as collateral and said it was smaller than its actual size for tax purposes that is fraud

OccamsRazor

The banks gave him a lower rate based on what he said was his inflated collateral putting them at risk and making them charge others higher rates to make up for it.
Nice! So you do admit that the banks didn't properly conduct their due diligence when assessing the information for the loans. You also admit that the banks passed that failure on to others in order to make up the losses.

Remind me again... how many lenders were in court with Trump? :sshrug:

StmarysCity79

Nice! So you do admit that the banks didn't properly conduct their due diligence when assessing the information for the loans. You also admit that the banks passed that failure on to others in order to make up the losses.

Remind me again... how many lenders were in court with Trump? :sshrug:

None of which negates the fact that he committed fraud.

So again.

What is your point?

OccamsRazor

None of which negates the fact that he committed fraud.

So again.

What is your point?
Its like leading a scared little puppy to the water bowl.....

You see... if there was fraud committed then the bank personnel would have to be held accountable as well. It is called being an accessory. If it truly was not a fraud, then that means the bank must have been perfectly fine with the assessments thus, there was no one hurt at all by this or these transaction(s) and no crime committed.
So.. either the bankers need to be held accountable with Trump -OR- there was no crime. There were no victims. And, this is all a witch hunt.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

More like trying to house-break it.

You pick it up, carefully show it where to go, try to encourage it to learn and anticipate praising a positive result, only for it to trot right back in and take a dump on the floor.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What do you think would happen to these court cases if Trump suddenly decided - not to run?
They're spun up so much right now, they'd still go forward with it.

The Marxists still want their vengence.

And I'm sure Hillarys still wanting revenge for her defeat.

What I do find amusing is, had the Donald never changed parties, and ran as a Democrat, they'd be singing his praises.

glhs837

Power with Control
What do you think would happen to these court cases if Trump suddenly decided - not to run?

Oh, they would keep going forward. He must be made an example of, publicly broken. Both as punishment and as a deterrence to anyone to try this again.

SamSpade

Oh, they would keep going forward. He must be made an example of, publicly broken. Both as punishment and as a deterrence to anyone to try this again.
I think you are right - but - six months ago, they would have dropped it. Because the whole point has nothing to do with justice, it's to end Trump and his brand of politics.

SamSpade

You see... if there was fraud committed ...
Then SOMEONE was defrauded.

Seriously - can you have a murder or a kidnapping - without a victim?
How can someone have committed fraud, and not one person has been defrauded?

glhs837

Power with Control
I think you are right - but - six months ago, they would have dropped it. Because the whole point has nothing to do with justice, it's to end Trump and his brand of politics.

No, its also about vengeance and example. If the could chain him up and march him down the Mall chanting SHAME! SHAME! they would do it.

If youve ever read Wheel of Time, think Rand held in the Aes Sedai camp.

It kills me to make that analogy, but they truly see him as a threat to the country and world, they see themselves as the Aes Sedai.

CPUSA

You see... if there was fraud committed then the bank personnel would have to be held accountable as well. It is called being an accessory. If it truly was not a fraud, then that means the bank must have been perfectly fine with the assessments thus, there was no one hurt at all by this or these transaction(s) and no crime committed.
So.. either the bankers need to be held accountable with Trump -OR- there was no crime. There were no victims. And, this is all a witch hunt.
How you can keep coming back again and again...and just pummel SMC79 with logic, common sense, & facts...and she just keeps coming back with stupidity and lies...and you're right there to deflect & bitch slap her back....

I wished I had that degree of patience & clapback...It is truly admirable...
I know I'm an *******...and obtuse from time to time...it's pretty transparent...

But that ignorant Twunt honestly believes her ignorance...keep pimp smacking her with facts, logic, & common sense...it's quite fun to watch...

SamSpade

How you can keep coming back again and again...and just pummel SMC79 with logic, common sense, & facts...and she just keeps coming back with stupidity and lies...and you're right there to deflect & bitch slap her back....

I wished I had that degree of patience & clapback...It is truly admirable...
I know I'm an *******...and obtuse from time to time...it's pretty transparent...

But that ignorant Twunt honestly believes her ignorance...keep pimp smacking her with facts, logic, & common sense...it's quite fun to watch...
I have her and others on ignore. I don't have to be patient. Also, I really don't see the point to engage, because they don't engage - they just change the subject and play "whattabout?".

CPUSA

I have her and others on ignore. I don't have to be patient. Also, I really don't see the point to engage, because they don't engage - they just change the subject and play "whattabout?".
And you're another one that could keep up with her ignorance and keep slapping her down...but like you stated, she just deflects, obfuscates, & whattabouts before she will ever genuinely reflect on what she has learned here & admit her ignorance...

So she is trapped in her ignorance forever...