Can you please suggest a good book.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Anyone who likes murder mystery type stuff should check out Lisa Gardner. I'm on the second book of her DD Warren series (she also has another series, I think) and they are so good! I stayed up until 2 last night because I just couldn't put the book down. I haven't liked a good mystery in forever, so I was excited to find her books. She almost outranks my favorite, Linda Fairstein, but they're just different enough to stand on their own. Linda Fairstein's books are very Law and Order SVU, but Lisa Gardner focuses just on the detective side.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
Based on yore list I would suggest Hunger Games.

All I can say is WOW. The Hunger games was amazing!!! Actually I've read all three books in the series already. I couldn't put them down! What an amazing story. Have you read any of the writers other books? I need a rest, but I'm going to check out the rest of her stuff and give them a try. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion. The Huger games series is going on my list of favorites!!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Anyone who likes murder mystery type stuff should check out Lisa Gardner. I'm on the second book of her DD Warren series (she also has another series, I think) and they are so good! I stayed up until 2 last night because I just couldn't put the book down. I haven't liked a good mystery in forever, so I was excited to find her books. She almost outranks my favorite, Linda Fairstein, but they're just different enough to stand on their own. Linda Fairstein's books are very Law and Order SVU, but Lisa Gardner focuses just on the detective side.
Also, the first book in the series (Alone) is only $5 on the Kindle.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
Also, the first book in the series (Alone) is only $5 on the Kindle.

You've given it such a good endorcement how can I not check it out. For those of you who also what to, here is a list of the books in the series. Thanks for the suggestion.

Detective D.D. Warren Series

Alone (2005), ISBN 0-553-80253-4
Hide (2007), ISBN 0-553-80432-4
The Neighbor (2009), ISBN 0-553-80723-3
Live to Tell (2010), ISBN 0-553-80724-2
Love You More (2011) ISBN 0-553-90725-7

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Do you ever read J.D. Robb? I just downloaded the new book Indulgence in Death... I like these books with Lieutenant Eve Dallas

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
You've given it such a good endorcement how can I not check it out. For those of you who also what to, here is a list of the books in the series. Thanks for the suggestion.

Detective D.D. Warren Series

Alone (2005), ISBN 0-553-80253-4
Hide (2007), ISBN 0-553-80432-4
The Neighbor (2009), ISBN 0-553-80723-3
Live to Tell (2010), ISBN 0-553-80724-2
Love You More (2011) ISBN 0-553-90725-7

I finally finished Alone. It was very good. I'll be working on Hide soon. Thanks for the suggestions.

jaie

So happy!
All I can say is WOW. The Hunger games was amazing!!! Actually I've read all three books in the series already. I couldn't put them down! What an amazing story. Have you read any of the writers other books? I need a rest, but I'm going to check out the rest of her stuff and give them a try. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion. The Huger games series is going on my list of favorites!!

I read all 3 books last week and I loved them! I am currently reading the newest book if the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. You might like this series based on the other books you liked.

ewashkow

A nice, light, and fun read are the books from the Chet and Bernie series by Spencer Quinn. They are mysteries but from Chet the dog's point of view. Predicatble but enjoyable.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I finally finished Alone. It was very good. I'll be working on Hide soon. Thanks for the suggestions.
Glad you like them! After reading a few they start to get a little formulaic so I took a break after starting the first of her other series.

In the meantime, I've also read Water For Elephants, which was cute. Nice and light with a happy ending. Right now I'm reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. Good good book. I came across the movie on Netflix, so I put it in my queue (haven't seen it yet). When I saw it was based on a book, of course I picked up the book first. I'm really glad that I didn't see the movie first (or read any spoilers) because the way the author kind of nonchalantly and slowly reveals what is actually going on is very good. I'm forcing myself to read it slowly so that it's not over too quickly.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
God, No!

God, No!: Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales by Penn Jillette

"Amazon.com Review: Not only can the man rant, he can write. From the larger, louder half of the world-famous magic duo Penn & Teller comes a scathingly funny reinterpretation of The Ten Commandments. They are The Penn Commandments, and they reveal one outrageous and opinionated atheist's experience in the world. In this rollicking yet honest account of a godless existence, Penn takes readers on a roller coaster of exploration and flips conventional religious wisdom on its ear to reveal that doubt, skepticism, and wonder -- all signs of a general feeling of disbelief -- are to be celebrated and cherished, rather than suppressed. And he tells some pretty damn funny stories along the way. From performing blockbuster shows on the Vegas Strip to the adventures of fatherhood, from an on-going dialogue with proselytizers of the Christian Right to the joys of sex while scuba diving, Jillette's self-created Decalogue invites his reader on a journey of discovery that is equal parts wise and wisecracking."

[amazon]145161036X[/amazon]

newbsomd

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin

it's a pretty awesome series. you'll thank me for the recommendation :p

DQ2B

The Janet Evanovich series - hilarious
The Sue Grafton series
Finding Jack - not a series but a really good read