Capital Meats Van -- Beware!

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Just seen them prowling around this area, they didnt stop at my house. Might have been the solicitors will be shot sign in the front yard.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:huggy:

for the people that need to be warned not to buy meat off a truck going door to door on a 100 degree day
:shortbus:

bohman

:huggy:

for the people that need to be warned not to buy meat off a truck going door to door on a 100 degree day
:shortbus:

:lmao: That just about covers it.

For me, the abundance of neck tats tells me volumes about the prior employment experience these guys have. That, and the fact that they won't STFU and get off my property the first time I tell them to leave.

cricketmd

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. They are bullies and DID enter my house year before last. I had just gotten home to recover from having had brain surgery and was bullied into buying 500.00 of their food. They drove off and I was thinking... wtf just happened? I agreed to one thing in hopes of getting them to leave and that just made them soo much worse. Then they started wheeling and dealing raising their voice at me and almost went down to name calling and threats. I was alone and had to stop at 500.00. I'm like wtf just happened? The only reason I opened the door at all was because I thought it was a vendor for my rooommate - Capital Electric or something like that. They would not leave when asked and I clearly stated many times, its mostly just me living here I dont NEED all that much meat and I dont spend a lot of money that would equal their prices. They basically treat you like an idiot if you refuse anything, they are threatening and were inside the house and refused to take NO for an answer. I hate those guys. Than pretty much ended up being everone's Christmas present that year. :frown: :nomoney:

EvolutionIsBS

Suspended User
Has anyone received a business card from these "salesmen"?
My guess would be no.
What's the name & phone# from the side of van?

:whip:

somdfunguy

not impressed
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. They are bullies and DID enter my house year before last. I had just gotten home to recover from having had brain surgery and was bullied into buying 500.00 of their food. They drove off and I was thinking... wtf just happened? I agreed to one thing in hopes of getting them to leave and that just made them soo much worse. Then they started wheeling and dealing raising their voice at me and almost went down to name calling and threats. I was alone and had to stop at 500.00. I'm like wtf just happened? The only reason I opened the door at all was because I thought it was a vendor for my rooommate - Capital Electric or something like that. They would not leave when asked and I clearly stated many times, its mostly just me living here I dont NEED all that much meat and I dont spend a lot of money that would equal their prices. They basically treat you like an idiot if you refuse anything, they are threatening and were inside the house and refused to take NO for an answer. I hate those guys. Than pretty much ended up being everone's Christmas present that year. :frown: :nomoney:

Wow, just call the police next time.

libby

That's awful! I am so sorry that these belliegerent people did that to you! I've learned not to engage them at all. When I see them pull up I just wave them off and shut and lock my door, they don't bother sticking around. Clearly trying to treat them with human respect and courtesy gets the public nowhere with these folks.
Personally, I resent that they come around in the middle of the day, when it's likely to be women home with young children. It's can be pretty intimidating to have two tattoed thugs at your door pressing you to buy their stuff, whether it's meat or books.

C

czygvtwkr

These guys were on my street the other day, knocked on neighbors door. I stood in my yard (chainsaw in hand) and watched them. They drove past me and looked, stopped at a house down the road. Guess a 6'4" 300 lb guy with a chainsaw doesn't seem like he would want their meat.

cricketmd

That's awful! I am so sorry that these belliegerent people did that to you! I've learned not to engage them at all. When I see them pull up I just wave them off and shut and lock my door, they don't bother sticking around. Clearly trying to treat them with human respect and courtesy gets the public nowhere with these folks.
Personally, I resent that they come around in the middle of the day, when it's likely to be women home with young children. It's can be pretty intimidating to have two tattoed thugs at your door pressing you to buy their stuff, whether it's meat or books.

Yeah, it was middle of the day and I felt very vulnerable at the time and also now threatened. They have not been back. I would think at a $500.00 sale they would have returned. I think its because they know what they did and how they went about it all was very wrong. :yay:

somdfunguy

not impressed
Yeah, it was middle of the day and I felt very vulnerable at the time and also now threatened. They have not been back. I would think at a $500.00 sale they would have returned. I think its because they know what they did and how they went about it all was very wrong. :yay:
How was the meat?

cricketmd

How was the meat?

It honestly was pretty good but not worth the harrassment I went through. I kept explaining to them during their intimidation tactics and browbeating that "I didnt wake up this morning expecting to spend hundreds of dollars on meat!!! You have to understand where I'm coming from on this!!! I'm NOT being unreasonable!!". They were NOT taking "No" for an answer and they continued to oppress. So then, with no other choice, I agree to one item to get them to leave me alone and out of the house, but that made it MUCH worse. They continued to harrass me and bully me even worse because that worked for me to buy the first case. :crazy: After they left I was like wtf just happened?? :crazy: Good to know it wasn't just me... well sort of, sorry for anyone else that had to go through this. :huggy:

C

czygvtwkr

I did sales briefly as a summer job once. The easiest way to get rid of a salesman is a solid NO, Go Away. Don't wait for them to ask you anything right as they are saying who they are say it, this way you come off as totally unreasonable and they will move on. Don't say anything else, don't try to be nice. The logic is if you let them in and are nice to them they will sell you something, you have wasted their time and they are then determined to sell you something.

Don't be intimidated, if they were going to hurt you they would have already done it.

1. Dont let them in.
2. Dont give them a drink (that tactic is called small favor then big favor)
3. If you have a storm door, keep it locked and dont even unlock it.
4. No, Go Away is the only thing you should say to them before closing the door on them.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I did sales briefly as a summer job once. The easiest way to get rid of a salesman is a solid NO, Go Away. Don't wait for them to ask you anything right as they are saying who they are say it, this way you come off as totally unreasonable and they will move on. Don't say anything else, don't try to be nice. The logic is if you let them in and are nice to them they will sell you something, you have wasted their time and they are then determined to sell you something.

Don't be intimidated, if they were going to hurt you they would have already done it.

1. Dont let them in.
2. Dont give them a drink (that tactic is called small favor then big favor)
3. If you have a storm door, keep it locked and dont even unlock it.
4. No, Go Away is the only thing you should say to them before closing the door on them.

Or don't open the door.

:yay:

and i noticed when the door was opened (once) and a GSD's is charging at the door.. and all you can hear is his teeth hitting the glass...
I didnt even have to tell them no :biggrin: :yahoo: