Capital Meats Van -- Beware!

cricketmd

I did sales briefly as a summer job once. The easiest way to get rid of a salesman is a solid NO, Go Away. Don't wait for them to ask you anything right as they are saying who they are say it, this way you come off as totally unreasonable and they will move on. Don't say anything else, don't try to be nice. The logic is if you let them in and are nice to them they will sell you something, you have wasted their time and they are then determined to sell you something.

Don't be intimidated, if they were going to hurt you they would have already done it.

1. Dont let them in.
2. Dont give them a drink (that tactic is called small favor then big favor)
3. If you have a storm door, keep it locked and dont even unlock it.
4. No, Go Away is the only thing you should say to them before closing the door on them.

Normally, I don't give eye contact, talk or open the door. I thought it was Capital Electric or something. Something similar to vendor name my roommate
deals with. I didnt know it was food solicitation or I would not have opened the door. :lol: That was a costly mistake on my part. :stupid:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
As opposed to a German Shepard Cat?

:jet:

well when i got my two kittens ... they were taught to hit the bite sleeve as well.... and i had to stop when they would wait for someone (ME!!!!) to walk in the door..and the damn cats would just jump on me:killingme

those cats are funny!!!

C

czygvtwkr

Normally, I don't give eye contact, talk or open the door. I thought it was Capital Electric or something. Something similar to vendor name my roommate
deals with. I didnt know it was food solicitation or I would not have opened the door. :lol: That was a costly mistake on my part. :stupid:

Understood, but you cant always "not open the door"

Salesmen are taught if you let them in, or give them some water etc then the person will buy something, its all the pitch after that.

Having been on the opposite side of the fence (I quit cause i felt slimy) a few years back a guy peddling cleaner stoped and asked me for a drink, I told him if he was really thisty the hose was turned on, he declined and left.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
:yay:

and i noticed when the door was opened (once) and a GSD's is charging at the door.. and all you can hear is his teeth hitting the glass...
I didnt even have to tell them no :biggrin: :yahoo:

GSDs are very handy for Jehovah's Witnesses too.:evil:

cricketmd

Works out really well for me. Best part is the dog will be over there going nuts, but she will pause and look over at me like WTF can't you hear the bell?

Not me.. Peanut for once, wasnt reacting at all... she was thinking :drool: MEAT!!!! MEAT!! :drool: STEAKS!!! :drool: LOBSTER!!! I think they bribed her the day before ... :lol: She acted like they and her were the best of friends. :ohwell:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Van stopped by the house today. Told him I wasn't interested before he could say hello. Did not make him happy and he kept trying to push me to let him in. Said his boss was cleaning out the deep freezer and steaks are only $4. Told him not interested again and shut the door on him.

Keep an eye out.

unlisted

SMOOTHMARINE187
They bombarded me one time when I was at Sheetz. :mad:

I was minding my own business pumping gas (see, I am a grease monkey too :jet: ) and they were filling up their van at the pump next to mine.

I tried to use the barrier between pumps to avoid eye contact but the force was too strong. He handed me a pamphlet. :cds: He started telling me about all the deals he had going on and I told him I didnt have any trunk space... THIS DID NOT SLOW HIM DOWN... he proceeded to tell me how he could follow me home and would even help me stock my freezer. :twitch:

I was so happy when I heard the gas pump click to let me know the car was full. I told him to have a nice day and got in my car... terrified that he would follow. :jameo:

This is why I have not pumped my gas alone in almost a year. I hate gas stations.

You were luckly, this was on the complain forum;

"Have a friend that goes to WVU- bought some stuff from Capital Meats- At 5am the next morning, he recieved a phone call and a 4 minute voicemail-

The Capital Meat rep had pocket dialed my friend and unknowingly recorded himself RAPING a girl!

Was the most unreal voicemail ever heard.

Not sure what the result was. Friend took it to the police, called the company and talked to the mans boss as well.

Not sure about their quality of food, but am guessing that this wasnt the first rape committed.

Be careful who you let in your home! This woman could have been a customer- and what a way for a rapist to scope out people!!"

You were luckly, this was on the complain forum;

"Have a friend that goes to WVU- bought some stuff from Capital Meats- At 5am the next morning, he recieved a phone call and a 4 minute voicemail-

The Capital Meat rep had pocket dialed my friend and unknowingly recorded himself RAPING a girl!

Was the most unreal voicemail ever heard.

Not sure what the result was. Friend took it to the police, called the company and talked to the mans boss as well.

Not sure about their quality of food, but am guessing that this wasnt the first rape committed.

Be careful who you let in your home! This woman could have been a customer- and what a way for a rapist to scope out people!!"

:jameo: Stay away from ALL gas stations and vans and people. :cds: