Catamarans - Hell's Kitchen ....Anyone go?

baileyboo

Went last night for my birthday dinner. It was awsome. I had the salmon with a lemon mustard caper sauce, husband had the filet mignon. Both were delicious. I'll definitely go back. Service was great too, but wasn't that crowded on a Wed evening.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Went this past weekend, boy had shrimp tempura and some sauce he liked, I had house salad and roasted corn & crab soup. Went b/c boy didn't want to go to Blue Wind :rolleyes: It was good. Slow service though.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Attachments

• cat-cora-2.jpg
    cat-cora-2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 96

Cali Transplant

Have boat will travel
My wife and I tried Catarmaran's last night. Service was good, wife had the fish and chips... Onion rings were a soggy mess. My food was ok. Don't think we'll be back.

Bottom line: Pay the extra $$$ and go to Jerry's Place.

S

shagger

I went last weekend. Was impressed with the makeover inside - had the feel of an "upper crust" restaurant. Looked at the menu and prices - still had the feel. Went down hill from there. Didn't have my first choice on the menu. Service was slow. Food was good but this place was not worth the money that was paid. I expect a cut above for entree prices in this ballpark. Still better than the Garden though!

mgdbaa

I went last weekend. Was impressed with the makeover inside - had the feel of an "upper crust" restaurant. Looked at the menu and prices - still had the feel. Went down hill from there. Didn't have my first choice on the menu. Service was slow. Food was good but this place was not worth the money that was paid. I expect a cut above for entree prices in this ballpark. Still better than the Garden though!

Yeah, my boyfriend and I went for lunch today. I got the salmon BLT. The flavor was good, however the the portion of salmon was lost in the bread. The bread it was on was really good. I think it would have been better if the bread portion was equal to the portion of the salmon and they put the heart of the lettuce on my sandwich. My onion rings had a sweet flavor to them that tasted good, but they were very greasy and my ice tea tasted like it had not been changed in a few days. I won't be going back. Its to over priced also. Good luck to the shef though.

idiganthro

Went to Catamaran's a couple months ago and LOVED everything, except couldn't get a mojito because they were out of mint. Couldn't wait to take visiting family, as they are big Hell's Kitchen fans.
So, last night was the night- took family visiting from Tulsa for the big night. Despite being out of mint...again... drinks and appetizers were great. The Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer is awesome!
Then it all went downhill. All 4 of our entrees were disapointing. My brother in law ordered the rockfish, and it was as if someone spilled the salt shaker on it- it was not edible. My husband's order was not salty, but was mushy and had an odd taste- not appetizing. My fish and chips seemed very overdone and dry, and my sister in law's blackened shrimp alfredo was pasty/dry, not saucy like alfredo- she ate the shrimp and left the pasta.
I must say that the poor waitress was very apologetic- she was training and did her best, none of it was her fault.
They did comp the two rockfish dishes, as those are the ones that were truly not edible, but after only really having appetizers and a drink and still paying $60 per couple we were disapointed. Next time we'll go somewhere else! Gordon Ramsay would be very unhappy!