Chiggers............

PeoplesElbow

I don't even care about the itch, wouldn't mind the burn. I just need them gone they're hideous bumps all over my ankles. :bawl: will any if that get rid of the ugliness :bawl;

Many of the "stop itch" pens contain ammonia and I have had good luck with it healing up bites.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Chiggers burrow their heads in your skin and eat. They leave behind the saliva which causes the itch and bump irritation.
Once they are done eating they drop off.

Chiggers are just like ticks, nasty little critters.
Know matter what you use the itch and bumps will clear up after a couple weeks.

bilbur

I just scratch 'em. :shrug:

I have a similar remedy but it is not pretty. For chiggers and poison ivy I scratch them open and run them under water as hot as I can stand it for a few minutes. It leaves nasty scabs but the itching stops and for poison ivy it doesn't spread anymore. I use to get poison ivy bad in my younger years and that was the only thing that would stop the spread.

pelers

Chiggers burrow their heads in your skin and eat. They leave behind the saliva which causes the itch and bump irritation.

I think I'm just going to stay inside for the rest of my life.

I've been using something I found in the camping section of WalMart called StingEze. Yellow bottle, green cap. I'm sensitive to skeeter bites, this calms it quickly.

Saw I had some poison ivy growing in the backyard. A few days later when I came back to spray it, it was gone. The deer appear to be eating it...

KDENISE977

:cds: yeah, that's my problem... a couple WEEKS !!!! My kid is already "ewe mommy, that's disguuuuussttiing"

and my husband is like, can you put your legs away or cover them up :bawl: it's really gross looking. :mad:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I don't even care about the itch, wouldn't mind the burn. I just need them gone they're hideous bumps all over my ankles. :bawl: will any if that get rid of the ugliness :bawl;
If you do not scratch at all the bumps will be gone in a month or two. If you scratch it will take longer.The best defense against chiggers (other than never leaving your bubble) is to rub yourself all over within a couple of hours after possibly being exposed. They are actually very fragile and just rubbing them breaks off their sucker so they cannot bite you.Their long sucker is what causes the itching. After they feed it breaks off and stays in your skin. Your body tries to fight it off and that causes the bumps. The only thing that heals it is time. Putting nail polish on them does not smother them since by that time they are already gone, but it can prevent you from scratching them and making them worse.

KDENISE977

If you do not scratch at all the bumps will be gone in a month or two. If you scratch it will take longer.The best defense against chiggers (other than never leaving your bubble) is to rub yourself all over within a couple of hours after possibly being exposed. They are actually very fragile and just rubbing them breaks off their sucker so they cannot bite you.Their long sucker is what causes the itching. After they feed it breaks off and stays in your skin. Your body tries to fight it off and that causes the bumps. The only thing that heals it is time. Putting nail polish on them does not smother them since by that time they are already gone, but it can prevent you from scratching them and making them worse.

MONTH? MONTH? SERIOUSLY?? It looks disgusting. I was supposed to go to a pool party on Saturday !! Why is this the first time I'm hearing about all this?? Why didn't anyone else get them that was outside at the same picnic :cds:

digitallest

Witch Hazel, it is an astringent. It takes several applications, but it not only calms the itch, it reduces the appearance of the bright red, crusty lookin scabs that I hate so much. I was about to begin removing large swaths of my own flesh when I learned this trick. It is the bomb. All the pervert chiggers appear to be in my flowerbed. They skipped the ankle meat for a more northern location, just south of the navel, everywhere the underpants have elastic. Pardon me while I jam a rake down my pants. Dammit

KDENISE977

Witch Hazel, it is an astringent. It takes several applications, but it not only calms the itch, it reduces the appearance of the bright red, crusty lookin scabs that I hate so much. I was about to begin removing large swaths of my own flesh when I learned this trick. It is the bomb. All the pervert chiggers appear to be in my flowerbed. They skipped the ankle meat for a more northern location, just south of the navel, everywhere the underpants have elastic. Pardon me while I jam a rake down my pants. Dammit

:lmao: don't mean to laugh, but the rake part got me... Witch Hazel is the first thing I bought on Monday, then after a hot shower, put witch hazel on the red parts and then followed by anti itch/allergy cream.

Kinnakeet

Believe it or not Ammonia works as does Lacquer Thinner to stop the itching, they burn like hell though.

indeed,try running your hot water until it is steaming and then put your ankles in the water until you cant take the burning do this a couple times,it works for me,I would rather feel the burn pain than that dreaded itching.